Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Even ignoring the gun part of it, how is Nino shooting web from it? From what I recall Pete invented the web fluid himself and so nobody else would know how to make it, in fact he tried to sell it to a couple of companies who didn't buy because they thought it was worthless since it broke apart after an hour. The web shooters themselves also have some pretty fine parts to them due to how the fluid is stored/shot that I can't imagine a regular rear end gun would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, the ""current"" comic is going into a very important series of strips. I'm not saying I'm gonna be posting the whole arc, but for the next week or two I will be posting strips from the ""present""

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

MorningMoon posted:

So, the ""current"" comic is going into a very important series of strips. I'm not saying I'm gonna be posting the whole arc, but for the next week or two I will be posting strips from the ""present""

That arc. Holy poo poo it was so good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God Peter and MJ's space-son :woop:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yesssssss this arc is so good!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rocket fights a coyote for garbage.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Uh...no? That's dumb. Why would that work?"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Even ignoring the gun part of it, how is Nino shooting web from it? From what I recall Pete invented the web fluid himself and so nobody else would know how to make it, in fact he tried to sell it to a couple of companies who didn't buy because they thought it was worthless since it broke apart after an hour. The web shooters themselves also have some pretty fine parts to them due to how the fluid is stored/shot that I can't imagine a regular rear end gun would have.
Those are all good points, but have you considered that this is Newspaper Spider-Man? I think that will answer all your questions.

Also, after all these years, a chance to bring back this image.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why are you saying it like that?
What?
"The Bugle."
I don't--
Like you're saying it sarcastically, as if they're poo poo, even though you agree with them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I thought maybe that was standard style for writing the name of a newspaper but I googled it and

quote:

Do not place in quotation marks: names of newspapers, magazines, central texts of a religion (Bible, Koran), dictionaries, handbooks and reference books.

Even the very first example they gave! Newspaper names are supposed to be italicized, for the record, quotation marks are used for poems, articles, short stories, or chapters from a book.

e: I guess italicizing with hand lettering would be a little more difficult to do, so they decided to use quotes instead. They can't rely on capital letters since all letters are capital, and I guess they were worried if they didn't put quotes around it people might think The Bugle was a person?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

"Uh...no? That's dumb. Why would that work?"

gently caress, the vent teleports on Sundays I guess. I guess that means it stops allowing air in on some days or something.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I thought maybe that was standard style for writing the name of a newspaper but I googled it and

Even the very first example they gave! Newspaper names are supposed to be italicized, for the record, quotation marks are used for poems, articles, short stories, or chapters from a book.

e: I guess italicizing with hand lettering would be a little more difficult to do, so they decided to use quotes instead. They can't rely on capital letters since all letters are capital, and I guess they were worried if they didn't put quotes around it people might think The Bugle was a person?

Readers new to the world of Spider-Man may have thought she hears voices from brass instruments or salty corn snacks.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I knew it was coming and I still laughed.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Oh, right. I forgot that Spider-Man's suit was completely airtight, and he's been breathing from the reserve ever since Dr. Laura's office.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Johnny Walker posted:

I feel like I've been in this thread for years waiting for this moment. Thank you.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

I like how Kingpin and Spidey have both forgotten that Spidey explained this little mystery in the previous strip

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you don't know the context or characters you could very well read this strip as the wicked spider villain monologuing his clever scheme before the hero passes out.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God, Fisk is turning into Brando.

The horror. The horror.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Panel 3 fisk is me trying to come up with an edit that can even compare to the regular strip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IT'S HAPPENING! :woop:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I cannot wait to see Ronan vacuuming up food.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

so, i was wondering what to do. I love Raccoon son, but these things can take a long while, so maybe just a bit of that, or maybe up to finding Ronan. Maybe just the Ronan fight. Re-reading the old thread I've realized I can't not commit to the whole arc, so we're gonna be going 'till August or so.

A quick recap and what's already happened thus far so you don't end up like Push El Burrito hoping for things that already passed:

and then space son fell from the sky

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 2, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yessss the source of unimpressedmj.jpg :hellyeah:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

I've also gotten up to another very special arc in my posts in the main comic strip thread:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ronan just hoovering up an entire god damned pot of coffee, glass and all, is just so good.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oh, Side Eye MJ how useful you've been over the years.

Here's the isolated version if anyone else wants to play.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GRONNNNK as well, man I love how much joy this beautiful, stupid strip has brought me.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

I love this arc.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

[audience cheers]

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That's my motto too!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't need oxygen for your brain if your brain is completely inactive.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He has the proportional neural activity of a spider.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you don't need oxygen for your brain if your brain is completely inactive.

That's the real source of his strength. All his body's nutrients go to his muscles, leaving none for his nervous system : Balance, logic, coordination, all atrophied in favor of abs.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

evilmiera posted:

That's the real source of his strength. All his body's nutrients go to his muscles, leaving none for his nervous system : Balance, logic, coordination, all atrophied in favor of abs.
MJ wouldn't have it any other way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

That's my motto too!

Now that Spidey has let the air back in... the room is still greased up and locked and Kingpin can breathe again....

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Speak posted:

I feel like I've been in this thread for years waiting for this moment. Thank you.

Now that's an appropriate avatar.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Haifisch posted:

MJ wouldn't have it any other way.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kingpin should have greased himself up too.