Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm feeling like rewatching this again, now I've seen it once for the story etc I want to grab a 4K copy and look at the effects stuff a bit closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

lord funk posted:

i remember reading that once there was a water shortage in a desert city, like vegas or something, and then they solved it, but that was only met with an equal increase in water usage

so yeah, no matter how much energy we create we will never have a sustainable surplus
who gave lich king tom malthus a forums account

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm feeling like rewatching this again, now I've seen it once for the story etc I want to grab a 4K copy and look at the effects stuff a bit closer.
i watched new robertcop and dredd 2012 in the same week for the first time a couple months back. just rewatch dredd

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Still lolling at this Branding

:cool:

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

lord funk posted:

i remember reading that once there was a water shortage in a desert city, like vegas or something, and then they solved it, but that was only met with an equal increase in water usage

so yeah, no matter how much energy we create we will never have a sustainable surplus in vegas

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Still lolling at this Branding

:cool:

drat, looks like villeneuve cheaped out on the stillsuits

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1386717509806604292?s=20

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it sucks OP

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so wait is this them doing the whole silicon valley automation bullshit while also being self aware about it and just openly owning how terrible it is

it's an interesting tack but idk if i'm going to respect it

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1389262162590408714?s=21

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

wow. halo movie looking remarkably low budget

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

good to see nerf is getting in on those weapon contracts

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1389186727005224963?s=19

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

don't get me wrong this is cool as hell but.... what problem does this solve?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the problem of not getting to gently caress around in a jet suit

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:hmmyes:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

the problem of not getting to gently caress around in a jet suit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that looks so fun

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

the problem of a defense contractor not having a new expensive program to sell to a government this year.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

it reminds me of the scene in the terrible Jackie Chan 2021 Chinese New Year movie Vanguard where a dude rides drones and flies around sniping people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRz-CFJH9r4&t=173s

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

*jets off with hot babe clinging to me*

“99 problems but a-

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

jig was up on these things. need a new product

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
when they inevitably shoot a demolition man remake, I hope they take a leaf out of zizeks book for the sex scene

https://twitter.com/bordigacummies/status/1389030882154106880

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

yeah I'm pumped for the new Apex Legends jetpack character too

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

when they inevitably shoot a demolition man remake, I hope they take a leaf out of zizeks book for the sex scene

hahaha holy poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it reminds me of the scene in the terrible Jackie Chan 2021 Chinese New Year movie Vanguard where a dude rides drones and flies around sniping people

lol he just fucks off after one kill

PLAY OF THE GAME

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

good to see that it isn't just american movies where turban = bad guy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
a little on the nose, really

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Not even the same drat font

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

THIS is a genuine galaxy-brain take. holy poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
someone buy zizek a hanky jfc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the future is forsalen
the future is forsalen
the future is forsalen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
There's a very good and quirky book called Ribofunk that is set in a bio-cyberpunk ("ribofunk?") future where everyone uses gene splices instead of cybernetics, and instead of laser guns they have pistols that shoot capsules full of catalytic enzymes that dissolve you into goo.

There is a situation in there where the wealthy couple who hate each other have each bought their own genetically engineered sex pet; the husband has something that is 40% human, 30% mink, 20% fox, etc and the wife has one that is a giant muscular minotaur sort of thing. They are simple-minded and only want to eat and gently caress. Inevitably they encounter each other one day while the husband and wife are out, and get stuck in a sex feedback loop and can't be pried apart and have to be dragged out by animal control and put down.

Fun book

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

There's a very good and quirky book called Ribofunk that is set in a bio-cyberpunk ("ribofunk?") future where everyone uses gene splices instead of cybernetics, and instead of laser guns they have pistols that shoot capsules full of catalytic enzymes that dissolve you into goo.

There is a situation in there where the wealthy couple who hate each other have each bought their own genetically engineered sex pet; the husband has something that is 40% human, 30% mink, 20% fox, etc and the wife has one that is a giant muscular minotaur sort of thing. They are simple-minded and only want to eat and gently caress. Inevitably they encounter each other one day while the husband and wife are out, and get stuck in a sex feedback loop and can't be pried apart and have to be dragged out by animal control and put down.

Fun book

yup, it was a good read. it's a short story anthology where most of them are set in a shared world though there are some outliers.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
zizek is a chaos elemental shitposter that managed to get accepted into like, respectable publications and poo poo. its awesome

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Midjack posted:

yup, it was a good read. it's a short story anthology where most of them are set in a shared world though there are some outliers.

there's also a throwaway line in it (published 1996) where they mention that the capital is now nyc after president trump moved it to the trump tower.

:spooky:

e: one of the short stories also predicts the adult baby fetish thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Jonny 290 posted:

zizek is a chaos elemental shitposter that managed to get accepted into like, respectable publications and poo poo. its awesome

I remember reading an internet post where the place he was talking at forced him to do a q&a in the middle of the speech, so he supposedly went "ok, then I will ask the first question. Mister Zizek, what were you saying?" and just continued lmfao