Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

coelomate posted:

Super/cap markets look kinda frozen. Build costs shot up, but there seems to be very weak demand for caps anywhere near current "build" price.

Public titan contracts (lowsec etc.) have dropped from ~200 bil to ~170 bil already. I'm not sure if they're selling or if people are still trying to discover a market price.

People are asking themselves. Not if they can afford to buy one but if they can afford to lose one doing the fun things they used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

our alliance leader just asked everyone to grind trig standings so we can use pochven for logistics

lol

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

our alliance leader just asked everyone to grind trig standings so we can use pochven for logistics

lol

Good thing this game does reputation standings in a sane way lol, oh wait.

RIP you

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

lol

if you just need to get to the point where trigs won't shoot at you, it takes 60 minutes or less depending on your luck with drone spawns in whatever system you filament into

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

lol

why?

are you talking like staging there and doing hotdrops? logistics in and out are terrible. once Nalvula flipped to trigg space, Ur Dunked tried living out of there and it was terrible.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

if you just need to get to the point where trigs won't shoot at you, it takes 60 minutes or less depending on your luck with drone spawns in whatever system you filament into

nah, using the gates, which is a significant grind

Loky11 posted:

why?

are you talking like staging there and doing hotdrops? logistics in and out are terrible. once Nalvula flipped to trigg space, Ur Dunked tried living out of there and it was terrible.

the reason given was that it opens up another highway, in addition to the usual wormhole routes, to get to content we're called to on short notice. I am... skeptical of this plan

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I guess you *only* have to get your standings to 3.0, but just that high is going to suck.

I got one character above 3.0 trig standings just by running the dread sites in major victory systems before they got sucked into Pochven, and even then it sucked. Isk was good though.

edit: lol if you're expected to get into the capital systems, that's 7.0

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

They're apparently working on easing those requirements or something for the next "quadrant" or whatever.

It's still dumb as gently caress, as usual from CCP

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Wibla posted:

They're apparently working on easing those requirements or something for the next "quadrant" or whatever.

It's still dumb as gently caress, as usual from CCP

:ccp: is a tragic yet classic case of an MMO company where the players have early on stripped the vision for the ingame universe from the IP owners causing a decades-long scramble of sourcing enough community managers/cultivators to make the playerbase hard over vanilla content again.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
If goons get enough trig rep, could trig space be the next stronghold due to absolute lack of people that can get in there?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

If goons get enough trig rep, could trig space be the next stronghold due to absolute lack of people that can get in there?

No because there’s nothing to do there and a ton of people would gently caress off instead of doing dumb grinding

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is hinged on CCP loving up pochven further or leaving it largely unchanged next quadrant

If they made it rad as gently caress it could be worth doing but idt the demand for T2 trig parts is the same as technetium demand ever was back in the OPEC days

Aqua
Mar 24, 2004
NukeZone Mod

cheers, used and signed up. Totally overwhelmed, but enjoying myself!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

No because there’s nothing to do there and a ton of people would gently caress off instead of doing dumb grinding

There's a good amount of money to be made doing Dread sites, but that's basically it.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

SugarAddict posted:

As FAT32 Shamer said, there's gently caress all to do in there; also, last I saw Xenuria thought they were king/queen poo poo of Trigspace Island and was all serious business about Pochven. This was months ago, but anything that involves possible interaction with Xenuria = that's gonna be a no from me, dawg

Aqua posted:

cheers, used and signed up. Totally overwhelmed, but enjoying myself!

:shobon:

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Good thing Trig space has existed for 9 months or whatever and has had zero content added

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
hope you like DST's. Because your life is going to revolve solely around moving all your logistics into Trigg space with DSTs. DST's everywhere.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm beginning to wonder if the trig stuff was just an excuse to remove Niarja. They've sure dropped the ball in that "content" in general. Even some copy+pasted missions but from trig agents in trig space would be a step in the right direction.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

CCP devs are still pissed that people decided to live in wormholes, and all PvE content generated since then shows it.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Jazzzzz posted:

As FAT32 Shamer said, there's gently caress all to do in there; also, last I saw Xenuria thought they were king/queen poo poo of Trigspace Island and was all serious business about Pochven. This was months ago, but anything that involves possible interaction with Xenuria = that's gonna be a no from me, dawg

:shobon:

I posted in this thread about that incident, where Xenuria basically told me to get off their lawn, and was immediately contacted by several members of CD who assured me that Xenuria is, in fact, a space nobody and I should deliberately poo poo on said lawn.

CD doing the lord's work.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
He also got mad that we had people in trig ships hitting enemy structures because he wanted to do it with a Hundred dudes from pochven and my response was "why the gently caress do you have 100 dudes on hand NOT helping in delve"

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Loky11 posted:

hope you like DST's. Because your life is going to revolve solely around moving all your logistics into Trigg space with DSTs. DST's everywhere.

Not to mention the mix of Drifters, EDENCOM and Trig rats that infest the gates.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

maybe they should add content to null instead of segregating the population into different types of space

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Solus posted:

He also got mad that we had people in trig ships hitting enemy structures because he wanted to do it with a Hundred dudes from pochven and my response was "why the gently caress do you have 100 dudes on hand NOT helping in delve"

This is a bad take to have. If those 100 people are having fun who gives a gently caress.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sickening posted:

This is a bad take to have. If those 100 people are having fun who gives a gently caress.

the proposal was that the 100 people be on a xenuria fleet

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

evilweasel posted:

the proposal was that the 100 people be on a xenuria fleet

:cripes:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Sickening posted:

The 100 people also didn’t exist so :colbert:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Xenuria's definition of a loyal follower is somebody who replied to him accidentally in Elysium.

Weird how Prencleve grew up to be a one man VtM larp.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Tell me more

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Solus posted:

The 100 people also didn’t exist so :colbert:

That is the more reasonable take. Because "why the gently caress do you have x dudes on hand NOT helping in delve" is kind of silly.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

That is the more reasonable take. Because "why the gently caress do you have x dudes on hand NOT helping in delve" is kind of silly.

Because if they're in the alliance and benefiting from the structure, infrastructure, and group dynamics of our group, and said alliance is facing an existential threat that needs all hands on deck to face, it's a basic and reasonable expectation for them to partake in the defense of our space. Our other groups like krabswarm and incursion Squad don't seem to have a problem with contributing to our mutual defense.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

Mederlock posted:

Because if they're in the alliance and benefiting from the structure, infrastructure, and group dynamics of our group, and said alliance is facing an existential threat that needs all hands on deck to face, it's a basic and reasonable expectation for them to partake in the defense of our space. Our other groups like krabswarm and incursion Squad don't seem to have a problem with contributing to our mutual defense.

Are you advocating for "Red Pen CTAs"?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

mrg220t posted:

There's a pretty obvious disparity between what he said and what you're bringing up

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mederlock posted:

Lmao. Red pen ops indeed.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm more of a blue pen kinda guy

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Solus posted:

I'm more of a blue pen kinda guy

Mine is the same color as the rest of my body idk

Is that weird?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Xenuria's definition of a loyal follower is somebody who replied to him accidentally in Elysium.

To be fair Xenuria is just Mittens with no goons and a traumatic brain injury.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I think it's more of an ALL CAPS pen these days.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

mrg220t posted:

No, I never even insinuated that, but nice try at the ole Strawman schtick. I'm just advocating doing the bare minimum 10-20 paps per month that's expected during wartime, and to jump clone back to Delve if a major engagement is going down while you're active doing something else. History has shown that some people can't even manage that when they're too busy Krabbing in a Hole or Hi-Sec to help their alliance out. Personally, I won't take work off or blow off my family to play a video game, even if we're in dire straits, but when I am available to contribute, I do. I get 20+ paps a month and I only play a couple hours every few days, and a bit more on my days off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Loky11 posted:

i absolutely would not do the grind on my jf character, but I have solved the problem entirely by not doing any of it at all and telling the person that thought up this idiot plan to eat poo poo