Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Powered Descent posted:

Hit them with a transporter tag and beam them horizontal.

They come to minutes later, laying in the brig with a blanket pulled snugly over them.

"Captain said naptime." Worf growls as he raises the forcefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Brawnfire posted:

They need to have a stun + tractor beam to gently lower your target to the ground

In alternate universe cool trek, the Defiant is the brainchild of federation scientists, not military guys, and basically loaded with extremely weird technology, and no one is sure how it works together but BY GOD they are sure it can gently caress up some dominions.

"Execute maneuver delta 7"

"Which one is that sir?"

"Startup the holodeck and turn off the safety's. Then, infect the holos with a virus that reverses their programmed genetic code until they are complete monsters. Beam the monsters into that asteroid using mobile holo emitters. Reroute the replicators to the engine and fill an area twice the size of the ship with kool aid, directly behind us. Picard maneuver us within striking distance of the enemy vessels, while simultaneously detonating one of our spare warp cores with our spare artificial black hole supplies graciously by our allies at the romulan star empire. Ensign Davis will create a static warp shell around his own shuttle and fly back to the asteroid and transport the kool aid into the asteroid from before, retrieving the mutant holo monsters. Using modified torpedos, fire the monsters around the sun, so that they go back in time slightly, hitting the enemy ships before they spot us. Obviously."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CainFortea posted:

Which episode was this?

Also in my searching for it I found the one where they found the generational klingon ship and Neelix and a klingon woman gently caress in Tuvok's quarters and gently caress everything up.
Season 1’s ‘Cathexis’

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

External Organs posted:

In alternate universe cool trek, the Defiant is the brainchild of federation scientists, not military guys, and basically loaded with extremely weird technology, and no one is sure how it works together but BY GOD they are sure it can gently caress up some dominions.

"Execute maneuver delta 7"

"Which one is that sir?"

"Startup the holodeck and turn off the safety's. Then, infect the holos with a virus that reverses their programmed genetic code until they are complete monsters. Beam the monsters into that asteroid using mobile holo emitters. Reroute the replicators to the engine and fill an area twice the size of the ship with kool aid, directly behind us. Picard maneuver us within striking distance of the enemy vessels, while simultaneously detonating one of our spare warp cores with our spare artificial black hole supplies graciously by our allies at the romulan star empire. Ensign Davis will create a static warp shell around his own shuttle and fly back to the asteroid and transport the kool aid into the asteroid from before, retrieving the mutant holo monsters. Using modified torpedos, fire the monsters around the sun, so that they go back in time slightly, hitting the enemy ships before they spot us. Obviously."

I couldnt get in to SS13 when I played it, but the stories are always great

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the ultimate weapon combo in star trek is:
1) the borg shieldfucker beam
2) the most transporters you can possibly fit on a ship

beam vital ship components into space. beam the crew into space. beam the crew into vital ship components. beam bombs onto their ship. beam their entire loving ship into the sun. what are we doing here

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The best thing the Orville did is not include transporters.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cathexis, like many Voyager episodes, has some extremely fun stuff and some extremely dumb stuff, and sometimes both at the same time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Reroute the pattern buffer to dev/null and start beaming the enemy crew

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

Actually that would be loving hilarious to watch security use that.

Bad Guy: "You'll never take me al--" *gets hit by beam, falls unconscious and drifts gently towards security officers, feet dragging on the floor*

Bad guy: "You'll never take me al--"
Security: "Computer, rotate gravitational point of reference for Room 114 to 180 degrees*
Bad guy: *crashes violently into ceiling*
Security: "Computer, revert gravitational point of reference for Room 114 to standard*
Bad guy: *slams back to floor*
Security: "I can do this all day. Let me know when you're ready to be taken alive."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Danaru posted:

Reroute the pattern buffer to dev/null and start beaming the enemy crew

just fire up a transporter beam and roam it around dematerialising anything you can even slightly get a lock on into the recycle bin. what are they going to do about it, trip on the holes in all their deck plates?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Computer, Ferengi cosplay ears, moist.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ew-mox.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Computer, flood all decks with nerd convention smell

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Commander Ellison, pack the hallways with invisible Tosk.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Computer, flood all decks with nerd convention smell

I can excuse Sisko crop dusting that planet but this is going too far

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i keep trying to watch enterprise with my GF but she keeps falling asleep

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Yeah with a sufficiently powerful and flexible enough transporter you don't really need anything else.

*Photon torpedo inbound!
Self-defense system teleports torpedo past the ship where it continues merrily on it's way

*They're firing phasers!
Transport enemy ship, shields and all into the nearest gas giant

*Enemy boarding party!
Computer, transport every life form not wearing a combadge into space [note: children and pets would all have combadges because why wouldn't they]

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Make sure to have your shower combadge on!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Uncle Enzo posted:

Yeah with a sufficiently powerful and flexible enough transporter you don't really need anything else.

*Photon torpedo inbound!
Self-defense system teleports torpedo past the ship where it continues merrily on it's way

*They're firing phasers!
Transport enemy ship, shields and all into the nearest gas giant

*Enemy boarding party!
Computer, transport every life form not wearing a combadge into space [note: children and pets would all have combadges because why wouldn't they]

teleporter combat with enemies literally materializing behind you would be so loving insane to have to fight against and i dont see how anybody could ever return to normal after such an experience

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

star trek isn't realistic, humanity would 1000000% build combat robots in any and every future we're a part of

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

GolfHole posted:

star trek isn't realistic, humanity would 1000000% build sex robots and then completely die off in any and every future we're a part of

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

It’s the body’s self-defense

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

numberoneposter posted:

She is Faint of the Heart

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Isnt this exactly what they did with species 8472

8472 were intended to be a foil for the Borg for sure, but they weren't aggressive assimilators that I recall.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The million year old ruins of human civilization that aliens uncover will just be endless barren wastes filled with the rusted cadavers of countless SimuFlesh Sex Robots, and lots of skeletons that somehow look completely satisfied

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Applewhite posted:

8472 were intended to be a foil for the Borg for sure, but they weren't aggressive assimilators that I recall.

They were, but they got sealed back up in fluidic space before they could do anything.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Applewhite posted:

They're the Kohr-Ah to the Borg's Ur-Quan

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

They're the Kohr-Ah to the Borg's Ur-Quan

8472 wore green. The borg wore purple.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Back in the 60s, Larry Niven wrote a non-fiction essay on the practical uses, implications, and effects a working teleporter would have:

https://www.scribd.com/document/456908854/The-Theory-and-Practice-of-Teleportation-Larry-Niven-pdf

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

CainFortea posted:

They were, but they got sealed back up in fluidic space before they could do anything.

They pretty much were willing to mind their own business until they ran into the Borg, at which point they decided, "Nope, better wipe out all intelligent life in the galaxy just to be safe." Then they turned into Ray Walston and met Chakotay, and decided to chill out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey so in 'Who Watches the Watchers', those people are definitely worse off after they all gently caress off at the end right? "Come check out all this bitchin technology we have but oh no we can't teach you how we made starships just that they do exist.. anyway BYEEEE"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Epicurius posted:

They pretty much were willing to mind their own business until they ran into the Borg, at which point they decided, "Nope, better wipe out all intelligent life in the galaxy just to be safe." Then they turned into Ray Walston and met Chakotay, and decided to chill out.

They also didn't know that anything else existed, and once they did learn about it they assimilated stuff to their biology, or destroyed it. Also I think there was a thing about kess learning that they'd already gone full crusade on all life in their universe. I'm hazier on that second part.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

explosivo posted:

Hey so in 'Who Watches the Watchers', those people are definitely worse off after they all gently caress off at the end right? "Come check out all this bitchin technology we have but oh no we can't teach you how we made starships just that they do exist.. anyway BYEEEE"

I don't think having one small village have a close encounter with aliens is really going to make things worse off, especially since no one got autopsied or anally probed.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

CainFortea posted:

8472 wore green. The borg wore purple.

Yanny

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CainFortea posted:

I don't think having one small village have a close encounter with aliens is really going to make things worse off, especially since no one got autopsied or anally probed.

Maybe you're right, I just felt like with how much Picard frets about loving with their society they'd do less damage to them in the longterm if they just beamed everyone out of there and zipped away so a handful of people spent the rest of their days talking about the time they saw someone disappear instead of how it went down. But I guess there'd be no episode if they did the former instead of the latter :v:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think the episode works as a 'we came with good intentions' but things just snowball into a crisis by the end. It's also going to be hard to explain away someone they captured being from another species even if they just beam them out.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think the episode works as a 'we came with good intentions' but things just snowball into a crisis by the end. It's also going to be hard to explain away someone they captured being from another species even if they just beam them out.

I think they meant beam out all the federation folks and leave the people with a mystery instead of an explanation.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FlamingLiberal posted:

CainFortea posted:

I think they meant beam out all the federation folks and leave the people with a mystery instead of an explanation.

Yeah, sorry, this is what I meant. Leave the locals there but just beam everyone out who was in the science lab and gtfo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Right but a bunch of them had already seen the scientist, right? It wasn't just Ray Wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blistex posted:

The mirror universe Borg put all of their resources into perfecting BDSM.

"Resistance is futile, you will be ejaculated"

The Borg queen's outfit makes more sense in that reality.

we've already been over this !!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Blistex posted:

<Borg transmission>

"Resistance is futile, you will be rear end-tittilated"