Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

the absurd thing is people think you're crazy when you say this

even if it wasn't the intelligence agencies, it's most certainly healthcare companies and insurers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

it's the same kind of line people draw in their heads about how "social credit score" is bad because it's the government doing it, but is acceptable when your data is "only" going to Google

never mind that these DNA companies sell the data to the FBI anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
social score bad, credit score very good. helps keep my car insurance rates 3% cheaper.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

EverettLO posted:

Even before that, remember her releasing her DNA test results? Remember trying to impugn Bernie in hopes of making it onto the winners cabinet and got nothing from it because she occupies no useful political ground? She has the worst political instincts of any politician I can think of.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Xaris posted:

I'm a geneticist so I get a lot more concerned brow scrunches than most. Then I explain to them how relatively easily your DNA fingerprint can be manufactured and spread at a crime scene if your genome sequence is available, and the concern turns to mild panic.

Well, in those that get it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

The very idea that someone who was a Republican until age 45 could become our hope for a progressive future is absolutely, contemptibly, gleefully goddamned stupid. You should not even deign to pick apart her bullshit policies.

wow, sexist much?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mycomancy posted:

I'm a geneticist so I get a lot more concerned brow scrunches than most. Then I explain to them how relatively easily your DNA fingerprint can be manufactured and spread at a crime scene if your genome sequence is available, and the concern turns to mild panic.

Well, in those that get it.

not like they can't just get it out your trash if they really want it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1091402184493813765?s=20

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
xtal’s podcast must be really embarrassing lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

where's the one about Warren NOT hiring a Witcher

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nothus posted:

The DNA test is one of the all-time self owns in American politics. Maybe Dan Quayle was worse.

and that was how her campaign began

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

donald trump is ridiculing me for falsely claiming indigenous heritage to advance my career, so I took a dna test that proves him correct

is this how to run for president

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Breadallelogram posted:

donald trump is ridiculing me for falsely claiming indigenous heritage to advance my career, so I took a dna test that proves him correct

is this how to run for president
i'll teach you but i'd have to charge

i need about... 200 million in consulting fees

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
its been scrubbed from the entire internet but she shot a whole fuckin mini documentary with doctors saying "THIS DEFINITELY PROVES SHE WAS NATIVE AMERICAN" interspersed with her family talking about how relieved they were that their story was real, with a pivot to a series of videos about how its not OK to racistly bully people of color like elizabeth warren afterwards

people had hopes for this dumbass lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
pow wow chow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i went to high school with someone on warren's campaign and the last couple months she's been sharing the most hilarious facebook memories from last year like when she got waved at by liz on a zoom call

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
well before she ran for President, Warren's other big splash in political news was writing a book, "The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Parents Are Going Broke"

it basically laid America's problems at the feet of women entering the workforce - the thesis was that once single-earned families shifted to a two-income household, it significantly increased their incomes for a while, but as education, childcare, and healthcare costs increased, even the gains from that second income have eroded, but since both adults were already working, there was no "safety net" available - where before if the single-earner got laid off or got sick, the partner could step in; but now, if you're both already working and it's still not enough, then any further stress on your finances is going to be disastrous

now, anyone with at all plugged-in to left-wing or even "progressive" politics is going to spot the problem with her framing from a mile away, but apparently it was enough to earn her credit as a very smart policy wonk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

The very idea that someone who was a Republican until age 45 could become our hope for a progressive future is absolutely, contemptibly, gleefully goddamned stupid. You should not even deign to pick apart her bullshit policies.

never not post this whenever warren comes up

https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1219077889121050625

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Josh Christ posted:

Who do I talk to about that check

I'm forwarding him my tax forms in a vain effort to speak to anyone in the government about my stimulus money

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it’s sexist how people *only* bring up liz’s pow wow chow recipe when her *even whiter* husband also contributed to the cook book

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

fits my needs posted:

so what exactly is an anarchist in 2021? is it like an prim

google "seasteading"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

so what exactly is an anarchist in 2021? is it like an prim

"neither Washington nor Beijing"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

exmarx posted:

google "Sealand"

just a quick fix

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

exmarx posted:

google "seasteading"

that gbs seasteading story thread thing back in the day owned lol

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I had managed to avoid hearing the intersectional cia ad until chapo covered it and I hate it, incredible psychic damage.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
it’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen. even worse to think about is that it’s probably having it’s intended effect and the cia probably helped create woke culture poo poo

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i hadn't heard it either. hearing a spook talk about having imposter syndrome ruined my loving day, and probably my week.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Josh Christ posted:

Sorry, it's still "A secret service agent panicked when Oswald shot kennedy and accidentally blew his fuckin head off with his brand new rifle that he didnt know how to use"

I'm convinced that it's also "the CIA had a plot to kill Kennedy but someone else got there first (probably this doofus secret service agent), they don't know who, and all the obfuscation since then has been them trying to salvage the situation".

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the CIA would be dumb enough to trigger stochastic terrorism that targeted a President

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Warren has basically disappeared from the conversation other than from leftists who hate her lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

i hadn't heard it either. hearing a spook talk about having imposter syndrome ruined my loving day, and probably my week.

*hiding behind a cloak, holding a dagger behind my back* I really feel like I'm not the person I say I am sometimes...

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

I remember Evans leaning more Bernie than Warren within the whole "some more news" podcasting sphere and even had some light friction with their resident rabid warrenite, so I wonder what happened with that. Maybe officially dropping support for M4A drove it home but I guess you'd have to ask him. Say what you will be he seems too smart to have ever thought Warren was the better option unless it was a cynical choice.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Josh Christ posted:

I had managed to avoid hearing the intersectional cia ad until chapo covered it and I hate it, incredible psychic damage.

the more intersections the better at cia you will be

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The CIA is actually extremely intersectional, just on the wrong side in every case

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If you all are still baffled by Robert Evans and his politics, just take him at his word when he says his life goal is to move to a remote polyamorous compound where he can shoot blocks of Tannerite all day.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Deified Data posted:

I remember Evans leaning more Bernie than Warren within the whole "some more news" podcasting sphere and even had some light friction with their resident rabid warrenite, so I wonder what happened with that. Maybe officially dropping support for M4A drove it home but I guess you'd have to ask him. Say what you will be he seems too smart to have ever thought Warren was the better option unless it was a cynical choice.

Warren actually managed to burn off a lot of early support through the spring and summer by consistently making bad decisions. and then the M4A permanently turned off a lot of people. It’s weird to remember now but she came into the race with a fair amount of general good will that she just squandered in the stupidest way until she was down to only her idiot dead enders

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

xtal posted:

The CIA is actually extremely intersectional, just on the wrong side in every case

post your podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

post the podcasts NOW