Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I don't know about you but I've really enjoyed watching Chris enjoy playing his game over the years.

Like that one time he did it and barely knew how to use a computer.

And then that never again time where he showed us his true love for Star Citizen by never playing it again ever, for years and years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I would pay a crazy sum of money to watch chris roberts play returnal

although with his wavey rear end hands maybe he'll be good at it or something

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

here lies star citizen. it never released

We can give it a cool grave. :discourse:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
when I get out to Virginia Imma gonna make a little graveyard on my property of all the big gaming failures because I am a huge nerd

also now that everyone getting vaxxed, lets get people together in vegas or cali or texas or something to talk poo poo about star citizen, see some quad alien boobs and spend too much money

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

TheAgent posted:

chris roberts staggering around the office, waving his hands aimlessly about and slowly moanin about polygons and pixels

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Thoatse posted:

It's a procedural bird it's a space plane it's... Vision man!

:discourse:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

TheAgent posted:

also now that everyone getting vaxxed, lets get people together in vegas or cali or texas or something to talk poo poo about star citizen, see some quad alien boobs and spend too much money

Euro goons can meet in Germany with some magic accountants

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MediumUnfinishedBichonfrise-mobile.mp4

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

Euro goons can meet in Germany with some magic accountants
lets gather round the new office building thats not even finished bein built yet

we can stand around and peep for the code whisperers making the never-been-done-before Star Citizen

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

lobsterminator posted:

I really hate space dads. These kinds of things might be fun once a week or so if you are the right amount of drunk and spergy. But if they are part of the game it will get annoying after the first time.

Not to mention that taking a crap will probably explode your ship due to the physics.

Naah, it'll explode because some sperglord decided to eject 100,000 hand carts out of his cargo bay in the shipping lanes and every ship that touches one explodes because the carts are objects not ships so they can't be destroyed.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dr. Honked posted:

I predict quadruple tits, but they explode

As long as they are lizard tits I don't care.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Is this game out yet? Did they ever team up with that awesome belt company? I'm sad the old thread got closed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

We are still exploring the creative nuances of Roberts's vision.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 4, 2021

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Dark Off posted:

remember godus?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/232810/Godus/ <- still in early access
This is basically godus 2.0 exit strategy, they could still gently caress it up by releasing sq42.

I will have to ask you to stop posting links to negative reviews of Godus. As an investor, I am obligated to keep the Net Promoter Score above 7 lest I lose value on my investment. It's not good for the devs and it's not good for the community. They are under immense pressure.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

What did the Apollo astronauts do all day for the 4 day journey to the Moon?

They hosed. Like, a lot, it was the sixties.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sometimes you post quotes from Star Citizen weirdos and just by the way they read I can tell it was written by someone who spent months yelling at me on reddit for making a video where I fall through the floor of a space station or something, and it makes me so tired.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I like this site

May 2020

May 2021

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

when I get out to Virginia Imma gonna make a little graveyard on my property of all the big gaming failures because I am a huge nerd

Haha could be fun... not sure if I'd want to go to a pick on Star Citizen mega event, but if I'm already in the neighborhood... sure!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lammasu posted:

As long as they are lizard tits I don't care.

Not sure about lizards, but turtle tits most definitely.

Did the CR movie whisperer steal lizards? I don't even recall all the dumb races anymore.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Oh poo poo is there a Star Citizen release date betting pool on PredictIt or something? We could make a lot of loving money off of Citizens with annual release bets.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
But what's the prediction for Love Pledge?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Haha could be fun... not sure if I'd want to go to a pick on Star Citizen mega event, but if I'm already in the neighborhood... sure!
yeah I'm pretty sure my event would be populated only by myself and my life size cardboard cut out of chris roberts

I'll call it the love pledge launch party or something

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

Sometimes you post quotes from Star Citizen weirdos and just by the way they read I can tell it was written by someone who spent months yelling at me on reddit for making a video where I fall through the floor of a space station or something, and it makes me so tired.

Just laugh at them, always be laughing

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure my event would be populated only by myself and my life size cardboard cut out of chris roberts

I want to say something lewd here but because there are so many kids in the thread I'll not say it.

But you may as well not only launch, but catch up to like version 3.?? quickly so you start relevant.

Your newest addition should be pushing trolleys around and walking between scenes in your space ship.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

lobsterminator posted:

Not to mention that taking a crap will probably explode your ship due to the physics.

Kinda realistic since that's how a German sub was sunk by its own captain in WW2.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you still care any way or the other? It's been almost a decade, this project is just a general shitposting outlet for me now.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
its crazy looking back 5+ years

like I ran across a post on the frontier forums in 2017 that was all "how can theagent be real? we all know sq42 is coming this year or next and everyone can see the massive progress being made in the PU" and its like lol

at this point I just want star citizen to continue forever so I can keep all my lovely posting contained to this thread (mostly)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I want to say something lewd here but because there are so many kids in the thread I'll not say it.

But you may as well not only launch, but catch up to like version 3.?? quickly so you start relevant.

Your newest addition should be pushing trolleys around and walking between scenes in your space ship.
push and pull refactor indeed

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

push and pull refactor indeed

CICD pipelines engaged.

It's all downhill from here.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

On the END it is CHRIS making the game Chris always wanted to make.
So who are we to challenge his Vision and try to enforce our Vision onto him?

Citizens talking about Chris having some kind of vision for the game is so amusing. I assume they don't even know what having a vision means, seeing as how when it comes to being a visionary Chris is basically the blind guide leading the blind followers into a bottomless pit of wasted money.

TheAgent posted:

here lies star citizen. it never released

Here lies Star Citizen, for it could not handle the truth.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 4, 2021

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I wasn't expecting a 50s horror movie shop, but it's good :golfclap:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

Citizens talking about Chris having some kind of vision for the game is so amusing. I assume they don't even know what having a vision means, seeing as how when it comes to being a visionary Chris is basically the blind guide leading the blind followers into a bottomless pit of wasted money.

Here lies Star Citizen, for it could not handle the truth.

World War II in space has never been done! And neither have lizard people nor teenage or otherwise turtles.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

TheAgent posted:

That's the kind of thing I would attend only if it was in Texas, and specifically downtown Houston, because anything outside walking distance is more than I care about Star Citizen at this point. Hell, I couldn't even be bothered to download the patches for the latest free-flight events. Which I'm sure is good for Star Citizen somehow.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Amazing how ungrateful this thread is. I've gotten years of entertainment out of Star Citizen and I've never given Chris Roberts a penny.

I did actually play Star Citizen for a couple hours during a free fly event though.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Popete posted:

Amazing how ungrateful this thread is. I've gotten years of entertainment out of Star Citizen and I've never given Chris Roberts a penny.

I did actually play Star Citizen for a couple hours during a free fly event though.

Ungrateful content locusts up in here honestly. :argh:

If you want to do something, go make a machinima movie using SC and tell us how it goes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

Do you still care any way or the other? It's been almost a decade, this project is just a general shitposting outlet for me now.

Honestly not really. I check in on this thread way way less than I used to. It's hard to care about Star Citizen much now that it has just become an eternal slog of absolutely nothing. Most of the time if I'm laughing about Star Citizen it's because I randomly stumbled across a screencap of some freak being like "You're all haters and FUDsters, there's no way Squadron will be out later than 2017, tops!" lol

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Can we spare a thought for the most effected? SC streamers...

https://clips.twitch.tv/CooperativeAmusedAxeKlappa-o615gR-d1Um_u1BH

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingChillyMeatloafDancingBaby-OqBM9AH9zDpAT2pI

https://clips.twitch.tv/CharmingGoldenHareFUNgineer-3zvzuZ1wZVb22JuE

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnticingArtsySpiderResidentSleeper-htFmpli0yYg2bpII

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

The best thing will be the Disco Lando / Ben tell-all book :)

you just *know* CI-G will have hosed up the NDAs.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Most of the star citizen streamers are viewbotting, HARD. Go through the viewer list, all new accounts and they cycle in and out of the stream without ever talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly not really. I check in on this thread way way less than I used to. It's hard to care about Star Citizen much now that it has just become an eternal slog of absolutely nothing. Most of the time if I'm laughing about Star Citizen it's because I randomly stumbled across a screencap of some freak being like "You're all haters and FUDsters, there's no way Squadron will be out later than 2017, tops!" lol

At least they are learning. It used to be that they expected the game in [current_year +1] but nowadays it's [current_year + 2 + rnd(4)] .

I guess it's hard not to learn the lesson that CIG gives them every single year for 9 years now.