Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

alexandriao posted:

I remember reading an internet post where the place he was talking at forced him to do a q&a in the middle of the speech, so he supposedly went "ok, then I will ask the first question. Mister Zizek, what were you saying?" and just continued lmfao

sitting at the merch table signing books after the lecture is just boomer "wow this blew up, check out my soundcloud"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

zizek is a really funny and interesting guy. the world could use more academics / intellectuals who don't seem to think it's their duty to make their fields as boring as possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YamAsbzPKA

it is admittedly not that fun to listen to podcast interviews with him and just hear him gargling his snot right in your ear buds

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
in utter shambles cuz Zizek's goon rear end Boris-Johnson-if-he-let-himself-go-energy probably getting more fit honey groupies from around the world

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

like how bad poker players have a tell, whenever zizek gets hype about the outre bullshit he’s about to / in process of firing off its nose touch city

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

when they inevitably shoot a demolition man remake, I hope they take a leaf out of zizeks book for the sex scene

https://twitter.com/bordigacummies/status/1389030882154106880

Rob Schneider catchphrase: “he doesn’t know how to use the 3 dildos!”

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBYZxa25vc

quote:

COMAN (COmpliant huMANoid) (2013) by the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT). Despite it’s name, COMAN has the stature of a small child, just 94.5 cm tall from neck to foot, and weighing just 31.2 kg. It has 25 degrees of freedom in total, but fourteen of these are compliant joints based on series elastic actuators. One advantage of these in walking is that they naturally absorb the ground reaction forces of each footstep. The gorgeous design of COMAN, which wouldn’t look out of place standing next to a classic Italian Lambretta or Vespa scooter, is by British designer/engineer Stephen Morfey.
sotto voice: is no-one going to mention the dildo arms?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Compliant Humanoid, my rear end!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg44rhAP9_8

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the original is funnier

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopbot

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBYZxa25vc

oh cmon

Cuman was right there

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93yyyd/this-motorcycle-airbag-vest-will-stop-working-if-you-miss-a-payment

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/rome-pizza-vending-machine/index.html

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

some tiny (and bad) pizza place in my partner's middle of nowhere home town in france had a pizza vending machine for some reason. they were premade I think and the machine just cooked them on demand

don't get why you'd use one in rome of all places

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

because tourists are often the dumbest people alive

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sagebrush posted:

e: one of the short stories also predicts the adult baby fetish thing

lol no

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pointsofdata posted:

some tiny (and bad) pizza place in my partner's middle of nowhere home town in france had a pizza vending machine for some reason. they were premade I think and the machine just cooked them on demand

probably so you can get some decent pizza

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

pointsofdata posted:

idk, they were doing it :shrug:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ADINSX posted:

:golfclap:

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 8, 2021

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

ADINSX posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ADINSX posted:

heyooo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ADINSX posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ADINSX posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ADINSX posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/ctan/graphics/pgf/contrib/coffeestains/coffeestains.pdf

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

hey got any spare chips

https://twitter.com/jeriellsworth/status/1391134336926187521

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

hey look it's the thing critics of jit supply chains were saying was going to eventually happen for over a decade

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
jit is fine, but you cant cancel your jit contracts like the auto makers did and expect it to immediately be there when you need it again.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

meanwhile toyota had no problems because they monitor their suppliers’ suppliers’ suppliers’ constraints and figured out this poo poo and while other automaker’s mbas were too cheap and stupid to fund this kind of monitoring and were trying to gently caress with their equally stupid suppliers

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

PCjr sidecar posted:

meanwhile toyota had no problems because they monitor their suppliers’ suppliers’ suppliers’ constraints and figured out this poo poo and while other automaker’s mbas were too cheap and stupid to fund this kind of monitoring and were trying to gently caress with their equally stupid suppliers

analysis costs money this quarter. Money that could be going straight to your mba pocket

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

PCjr sidecar posted:

also, i mean, "jit" does not *necessarily* mean "make sure every single thing is done in a separate company, ideally in another country by slave labor" (though you wouldn't know that from looking at most companies). toyota were the big innovators in jit, but it was to make a fairly vertically integrated and japan-focused company efficient rather than a business structure thing. meaning they still have a lot of control of their supply even though there aren't necessarily piles of things on shelves everywhere.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PCjr sidecar posted:

oh perfect that means this is funny again, nice

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also, i mean, "jit" does not *necessarily* mean "make sure every single thing is done in a separate company, ideally in another country by slave labor" (though you wouldn't know that from looking at most companies). toyota were the big innovators in jit, but it was to make a fairly vertically integrated and japan-focused company efficient rather than a business structure thing. meaning they still have a lot of control of their supply even though there aren't necessarily piles of things on shelves everywhere.

jit means holding almost no inventory (inventory is wasted money). that means that if your supply chain is bulletproof you’ll make more money. evidently Toyota is the only company on the planet that actually implemented the Toyota system well enough to keep everything moving

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

They're rolling out autonomous shuttle buses (Toyota Proace) where I live by the end of the year.

I honestly thought we were like 5 years from this :eek:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

They're rolling out autonomous shuttle buses (Toyota Proace) where I live by the end of the year.

I honestly thought we were like 5 years from this :eek:

what kind of route are they on?

because we can do limited access roads and low-speed in dedicated lanes with clear signage and markings on fixed routes that have no surprises.

what we can't do is generalized driving in other environments i.e. driving anywhere that isn't all but on rails

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

jit is fine, but you cant cancel your jit contracts like the auto makers did and expect it to immediately be there when you need it again.

we didn’t cancel our orders and we are still getting boned. you don’t know what your talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drat remember when i got $100,000 of milspec components for $200 and it filled my truck

i still got that

hmm