Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hefty Leftist posted:

i can't believe Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson is potentially the headline match for Double or Nothing

I also cannot believe this.

Dango Bango posted:

Serious question: would the Jacksonville fans even recognize The Final Countdown as Bryan's old theme? It's been a decade since he's been on the indies.

Probably not, but it'll get a handful of people watching at home. The reddit thread would get huge numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I can’t believe Bryan Danielson is going to appear tonight. He is going to challenge D3.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It is Blood and Guts, my dudes.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I can’t believe Bryan Danielson is going to appear tonight. He is going to challenge D3.

real recognize real

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hefty Leftist posted:

i can't believe Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson is potentially the headline match for Double or Nothing

If this is the reason they've not been building up a challenger for Kenny :vince:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

There is no way Bryan Danielson appears on AEW Dynamite.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i mean it makes too much sense. his contract expires just before blood and guts which people wonder why it got put forward during the pandemic, he wants to transition to part time for his family (AEW being pretty heavily branded as the family friendly company), Kenny has no real challengers, he spends the last few weeks talking about how much he respects Kenny Omega and how good wrestlers would be in NJPW, and Tony Khan goes on a music licensing spree.

im a mark brother

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dango Bango posted:

Serious question: would the Jacksonville fans even recognize The Final Countdown as Bryan's old theme? It's been a decade since he's been on the indies.

i don't believe there are enough non-smark fans of aew yet for it to not blow the roof off if it happened

but it's not happening

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I talked to my spoilers guy and he said Danielson got his hands caught in the super-low ceiling of the Blood and guts cage while practicing his Yes taunts. Dynamite is cancelled tonight unless they can get him out.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I talked to my spoilers guy and he said Danielson got his hands caught in the super-low ceiling of the Blood and guts cage while practicing his Yes taunts. Dynamite is cancelled tonight unless they can get him out.

Im getting word they already cut his hands off and he’s retired now.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Mons Hubris posted:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, Bryan Danielson, who'd he ever beat? That guy can't win a match if his life depends on it.

But Bazooka Kaboom? Now that guy... that guy is somebody to look out for.

*camera begins violently shaking*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bryan Danielson is debuting for aew tonight

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
excited for Bryan Danielson's 30 minute retirement match against Faboo Andre on Elevation

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It occurs to me I'm getting my 2nd Moderna shot in about 2 hours so I might be fighting side effects instead of watching Blood and Guts tonight.
Feels bad my dudes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
drat i thought nagata was this week too. :(

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

ChrisBTY posted:

It occurs to me I'm getting my 2nd Moderna shot in about 2 hours so I might be fighting side effects instead of watching Blood and Guts tonight.
Feels bad my dudes.

If it's anything like my second Moderna you'll be fine for Blood and Guts and then absolutely demolished by bedtime but I had the worst reaction to Moderna #2 that I've heard of.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Danielson vs Fenix
Danielson vs Pac
Danielson vs Silver
Danielson vs Cassidy
Danielson vs Archer

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

*Final Countdown plays*

NO, COULD IT BE?

IT'S

IT'S

TAYLOR ROTUNDA

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly the first thing i pictured was him appearing on dark/elevation and doing that roll-into-a-ball-so-pinning-is-impossible spot because it's still one of the most fun spots i've ever seen and he did it on, like, main event or some poo poo. basically and more abstractly i think aew is structured to allow him to do big fuckoff matches and also smaller fun matches and do it against people all up and down the card and i think he'd enjoy it

but i won't believe it'll happen until and unless i see it happen on screen

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Bryan Danielson is debuting for aew tonight

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

flatluigi posted:

honestly the first thing i pictured was him appearing on dark/elevation and doing that roll-into-a-ball-so-pinning-is-impossible spot because it's still one of the most fun spots i've ever seen and he did it on, like, main event or some poo poo. basically and more abstractly i think aew is structured to allow him to do big fuckoff matches and also smaller fun matches and do it against people all up and down the card and i think he'd enjoy it

but i won't believe it'll happen until and unless i see it happen on screen

https://streamable.com/at8pm

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol cmon guys he's not gonna debut for aew tonight, jesus

he's going to debut right after in a That's J-PW one off vs Yuka Sakazaki

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

god i miss tyson kidd

dude was finally a fun character and was a great tag partner to cesaro, and then he had to retire and immediately left everyone's memory

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dango Bango posted:

Thankfully anyone can record a version of Ride of the Valkyries.

Mikey Rukus is gonna have a long 24 hours.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

uuugh do we really need another wwe has been midcarder

[this post is exactly as much of a joke as you the reader are comfortable with]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DeathChicken posted:

Bryan Danielson is gonna appear on ChocoPro and have a 30 minute wrestling clinic with Lulupencil before tapping out clean for her first win in 100+ shows

I would personally love for him to appear there, as unlikely as that would be.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I would love to see Omega vs Danielson in 2021 but part of me also worries Kenny could literally kill him with a V-Trigger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Time for the Bryan Danielson deniers to put their :toxx:es where their mouths are :colbert:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There are roughly two people left in WWE I want AEW to get. D-Bry is one of them.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I feel like Bryan in AEW would overshadow and kill whatever shred of momentum there is left for Christian.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ChrisBTY posted:

There are roughly two people left in WWE I want AEW to get. D-Bry is one of them.

Mine right now are Keith Lee and Aleister Black. There’s a time I would have said Ricochet but it’s passed.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Rarity posted:

Time for the Bryan Danielson deniers to put their :toxx:es where their mouths are :colbert:

if bryan danielson doesn't appear tonight or on next week's fallout show for blood & guts, i'll take a week probation :toxx:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Daniel Bryan is going to be the man who brings the Impact Championship home. So sayeth the monkey paw.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

Just have Aubrey out there for a match that's about to start and her reaction alone should be enough to get the fans cheering for this 'unknown entrance theme'.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bryan coming back as bald violence man Bryan Danielson and stomping out Cage to win the FTW title? Bryan getting heat by putting Hook in the Cattle Mutilation? Bryan having 20 minutes to get Ricky Starks over? Tazz having to balance his fear and revulsion at this monster with his profit motive?

:blastu:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have two questions can someone please help me out.

What spurred the sudden Danielson talk I thought his wwe contract was up in like september?

Why are people missing the incredibly obvious BEAR COUNTRY feud when fantasy booking him in AEW?

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 5, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

What spurred the sudden Danielson talk I thought his wwe contract was up in like september?

You thought wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, his contract has legitimately just expired as per fightful, which coincided with a loser-leaves-the-show match on smackdown(?) and being moved to the alumni page on the wwe website

it's probably likely he'll re-sign with wwe, but he was making noise about wanting wwe to let him and others signed to wwe wrestle in japan and it could be that's what pushes him to seek a contract elsewhere (since fat chance that'd actually be something wwe would let people do)