Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All of our internet boomer content creators are dying. Whenever Red Letter Media, CSB and AVGN retire I'm prob just gonna have to stop using the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, the Internet boomers retired already, some of them became scam artists and wife beaters even! These are Gen Xers, poo poo is catching up to us

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any good millennial podcasts as of late?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Oh, the Internet boomers retired already, some of them became scam artists and wife beaters even! These are Gen Xers, poo poo is catching up to us

No no, the scam artists and the wife beaters were the GenXers, these are millennials.

Final Fantasy X was twenty one years ago

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Pat continues to make Final Fantasy XIV the most miserable playing experience possible even when he is talking it up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Have you met MMO players? That poo poo isn't even trying to appeal to normal people.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I mean woolie seemed pretty interested in it so what he was doing succeeded.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Pat continues to make Final Fantasy XIV the most miserable playing experience possible even when he is talking it up.

It definitely felt like Pat was over-complicating the rotation explanation in regards to "how many buttons do you press in a cycle" or whatever.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Oxyclean posted:

It definitely felt like Pat was over-complicating the rotation explanation in regards to "how many buttons do you press in a cycle" or whatever.

That's because Woolie needs over-complication to enjoy things (see Arkham Asylum, which he completely botched all understanding of the combat even though it's dead simple and explicitly designed to make being batman feel as easy as breathing).

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

This is why you play RDM, it’s like the easiest rotation in the game.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
jobs have a bunch of skills that do things and chain into each other and build resources and spend them, when you do that good that's a rotation

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I remember back in FFXI that the RDM and BRD rotations were so loving easy that I automated them with the ingame macro system and just watched tv while the group was grinding.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Heck yeah. RDM really helped me enjoy the game more. Not only do I love the style and aesthetic, but before I was Black Mage and coming back to the game after months long hiatuses was hell to relearn how to play the job properly each time.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SAM's pretty easy to get a lot out of too, that's usually my mess around DPS anyway.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DRK has an easy rotation and gets you a cool girlfriend, Frey.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
MCH is pretty simple too and lets you shoot a big drill for big crits

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MagusDraco posted:

MCH is pretty simple too and lets you shoot a big drill for big crits

MCH is simple but ita also intense. That's a clqss that pushes a lot of buttons very fast

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Healers have very simple buttons, especially white mage. The complexity is all in the content and how good your team is. I really like healing in 14 cause it keeps things varied and you feel super important. Pat mentions the meta of healing as little as possible to maximise dps and that poo poo is enthralling.

Also whm at least has some really fun nukes. AF Misery might be the single best button in the game.

Getting through an instance without touching your gcd heals is an incredible feeling.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

WHM rules. Spamming holy and not even needing to heal the tank meaningfully feels good.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

WHM rules. Spamming holy and not even needing to heal the tank meaningfully feels good.

I am still fundamentally scared of healing/tanking/any-job-that-requires-responsibility-or-people-die

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I am still fundamentally scared of healing/tanking/any-job-that-requires-responsibility-or-people-die

If you can play whack-a-mole, you can play White Mage.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Woolie the coward savescumming in Disco

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Pathetic.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Oh sure, he laughs at racism, but when it's his turn to be the racist, all of a sudden he's uncomfortable.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

theCalamity posted:

No he's smart

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Grouchio posted:

Any good millennial podcasts as of late?

Big Think Dimension

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

theCalamity posted:

Considering you can fail forward in Disco it is actual cowardice for once. :colbert:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There still isn't a class in FF14 that lets you throw your forest friends at people, is there?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
There is not a Lallafel punter class yet, no.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Post the cowardice clip.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
You can also just kick a boiler and die of a heart attack and lose twenty minutes of progress in Disco, so whatever helps the playthrough I guess.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Pennsylvanian posted:

You can also just kick a boiler and die of a heart attack and lose twenty minutes of progress in Disco, so whatever helps the playthrough I guess.

Yeah, but the only consequence of the roll he failed was him saying something racist.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edit: nevemind

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 7, 2021

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Already gone

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus/clip/SassyEasyCiderNinjaGrumpy-v7YDbaEpWiLSd_2I

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It's ok Woolie

I'm a coward too.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
it's disapointing because one of the themes is 'life is loving up and getting over it'. Saying a dumb thing is not supposed to taint your character so much that you need to reload. lol at trying to play Harry as some kind of perfect guy.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Hell yeah

Woolie went full in (a little bit) on libertarianism.

But really, he went full in.

Interesting...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What *kind* of libertarianism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I don't remember age of consent laws being one of the philosophical topics in the game, drat.