Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I at least got my media mail notification.

Yeah, if anything Amazon probably didn't charge you a ton for shipping, and then use Media Mail on top of that too. :(

I got a blank email from them. No information within. My order still says "unfulfilled" and I ordered the day it went live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

From where?

How many internal organs are you willing to part with? :rodimus:

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Managed to pre-order a rainbow Prototype Boba Fett before they disappeared. Not into the other Retro Collection stuff but this was too funky to pass up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Managed to pre-order a rainbow Prototype Boba Fett before they disappeared. Not into the other Retro Collection stuff but this was too funky to pass up.

Grabbed one of these as well, I love Kenner stuff.

Every single Walmart pre-order link this morning had already sold out by the time the page loaded though. It's almost impressive how consistently godawful Walmart has been about these exclusives. At least with Target I can usually still grab stuff if I'm quick about it. Walmart's out there accidentally posting preorder links a full day early and then they'll just cancel your order without warning months later.

Fuuuuuuuuuck exclusives.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
As a serious question, is there a very particular age cut off where you care about He-Man? I was born in the late 80s and it means absolutely nothing to me beyond a slightly dated feeling pop culture reference. Is it something where you need to have memories of the 80s? I did have a few GI Joes as a kid but it seems like it has hung around in popular and toy consciousness more consistently for a long time.

On other things, I was in a Target last night and they had some remnants of a Black Series restock. I got Bo Katan who I don't actually know anything about since I haven't watched any of the Star Wars TV shows but she looked cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He-Man is definitely a "child of the early 80's" nostalgia. I was born in 1979 so it hit at exactly the right time for me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Somebody needs to create a conclusive flowchart of sorts that aligns with what toy brands you best associate with based on when you were born. I was born in 1984 and don't care about He-Man, GI Joes or Transformers but love(d) TMNT, Ghostbusters and X-Men.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Throw in some data on ‘what was the last toy you bought/was bought for you as a kid?’. I remember getting bought the Thunderbirds Tracy Island and thinking I was getting a bit old for this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Throw in some data on ‘what was the last toy you bought/was bought for you as a kid?’. I remember getting bought the Thunderbirds Tracy Island and thinking I was getting a bit old for this.

I was in the 5th grade or so and asked my mom for a TMNT figure and when I opened it at home I was like "meh" and started shifting towards Nintendo.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Robot cop stuff with the paper blast cap things in their backs. Oh and lotta ghostbuster stuff.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Born in ‘90, so Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars, Playmates Star Trek, Power Rangers/VR Troopers/BEETLEBORGS, and uhhhh happy meal toys? That and Lego were pretty much what most of my childhood toys were. Liked TMNT but never had any of the figures. Briefly got into Transformers when Armada was airing but I burned out quick.

I like seeing people’s collections though, even if I don’t care about the line.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I was born in late 1980. I love He-Man, but coudn't care less about GI Joe and Transformers. My childhood MOTU obsession dwarfed every 80's thing until the TMNT cartoon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was born in 84 and I loved Transformers, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, and Crash Dummies. GI Joe and He-Man never did anything for me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I was born in 84 and I loved Transformers, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park, and Crash Dummies. GI Joe and He-Man never did anything for me.

god the old Crash Test Dummy figures were amazing, I loved those toys. When I hit 12/13, DBZ has huge here in the states and I bought all the really old Bandai figures with like 5 points of articulation, including importing the figures with gold hair. Wonder how much those would be worth if I still had them.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
I was born in 79. Loved He-Man and G I Joe. Had a few transformers. And all my older sisters original Star Wars figures.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Somebody needs to create a conclusive flowchart of sorts that aligns with what toy brands you best associate with based on when you were born. I was born in 1984 and don't care about He-Man, GI Joes or Transformers but love(d) TMNT, Ghostbusters and X-Men.

I was born in 66 so Ultraman, Star Wars and Micronauts were my main thing then 80s die cast Japanese toys and Takara pre transformers figures took over. Macross then took over those.

Edit before Star Wars Mego figures and Star Trek models were great with the occasional Ertl die cast

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
'87 here and I primarily collected TMNT, Power Rangers, X-Men and Batman as a kid with a sprinkling of other stuff between until Pokémon hit in 1998 and I stopped caring about anything else, lol. I really wanted to collect Dragon Ball figures and ended up with 2 Gokus, a Gohan and a Piccolo that I had to save up for months to buy at the Asian-import focused store at the mall we had. Loved those drat figures with all 2 points of articulation they had.

Nowadays, I still collect Batman and Dragon Ball (duh) but also Star Wars and Nintendo/Pokémon with a few random anime figures sprinkled in. I have a lot of self restraint when it comes to dipping into new lines, but it's hard to resist new Batman/Dragon Ball/Star Wars/Nintendo figures sometimes even if I have zero connection to the character.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was '78 and although I had some He-Man, Thundercats, MASK, and Voltron, they all mean nothing to me as an adult. I was more into GI Joe, Transformers and Star Wars, but it must have something to do with your personality because I have no interest in collecting gi joe and transformers, while my original Kenner Star Wars collection is big and I love them. Lego overlapped/outlasted the toy phase for me, and those came back in a huge way during quarantine in the past year.

I'm not sure how I got so sucked into X-Men marvel legends though, since I didn't start reading the comics until I was like 11 and never had toys of them.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

He-Man is definitely a "child of the early 80's" nostalgia. I was born in 1979 so it hit at exactly the right time for me.

Also ‘79 here. He-Man had been around a few years before I got into it; my dad scored a near complete collection of the earliest figures with a castle Grayskull and several vehicles at a yard sale, and I got into the TV show after that. She-Ra launched right when I was starting to collect newer MOTU stuff and I was at least equally interested in that show / toy line, and of course I still love all that stuff. Never got into G I Joe, it was beloved by all the kids I hated (and probably still do).

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

‘85, and I mostly got into Transformers and GI Joe because of older kids in my neighborhood, and that you could find them fairly cheap at any flea market or garage sale in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

My favorites as a kid were the hard plastic WWF figures, Ninja Turtles, X-Men/Spider-Man, and Dino Riders/Jurassic Park.

Never got into He-Man or Thundercats, but I’d always play with the villains if a friend or latchkey had them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

god the old Crash Test Dummy figures were amazing, I loved those toys.

What if I told you there was a Crash Dummies revival line circa 2006 that was EVEN BETTER?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'm an outlier--86 and for some reason just absolutely fell in love with Hem-Dan. Friends my age don't commiserate, but old fucks do

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Born in '78, and my teacher parents taught me how to read at an early age using comics, so I have loved superheroes and comics since my earliest memories. I would watch Super Friends, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, and even the '60s Spider-Man, Captain America, and Iron Man cartoons when they aired on TV, so I knew and loved those characters. The Kenner Super Powers (DC) and Mattel Secret Wars (Marvel) figures both came out in 1984, so I was the perfect age to collect those. That's also when the Transformers toy line, Marvel comic, and cartoon all started, so I got into all of those at the same time.

I didn't pay any attention to G.I. Joe until 1986, when I found Airtight on a playground and got surprised with Serpentor as a birthday present. After that, I started choosing my own Joes, watching that cartoon, and begging my dad take me to comic shops to hunt for back issues or the comic, while also collecting Transformers, DC Who's Who, Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, and eventually Justice League International in 1987.

I know we watched the Masters of the Universe cartoon and I had a few figures, but I never got into the barbarian/sword and sorcery genre or style, not as a kid or now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I'm an outlier--86 and for some reason just absolutely fell in love with Hem-Dan. Friends my age don't commiserate, but old fucks do

Hem-Dan: he-man but for the poor kids that can't afford name brands

Xenomrph posted:

What if I told you there was a Crash Dummies revival line circa 2006 that was EVEN BETTER?

Impossible

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Impossible

https://youtu.be/DY9na8KwYbQ

https://youtu.be/ZGGZZEQZMBQ

https://youtu.be/HJ_LTCw_mVQ

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I was born in the late 70s and Star Wars was my first “main” toy obsession. That segued into MOTU big time once the last Return of the Jedi stuff left the stores.

I never felt the need to re-collect the Kenner Star Wars line as an adult because the 95 Power of the Force stuff came out just as I got a job and had disposable income. I think if the MOTUC line had happened then I wouldn’t have any vintage MOTU stuff now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

91 so for me it was Aliens, Star Wars and McFarlane Toys

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Pictured: a spoiled five year old, happy as a pig in poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CelticPredator posted:

91 so for me it was Aliens, Star Wars and McFarlane Toys

Those Alien toys were the poo poo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

'81 and same though I don't bother collecting it. He-Man and Star Ware were my go to poo poo as a kid. GI Joe took over pretty quickly, never cared about Transformers, then moved to TMNT but never really cared for the toys because, I mean, GI Joes existed, and were AWESOME. (and the same scale as Star Wars, so you know that was just all crossover, all the time)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I had a brother 8 years older than me, so I inherited a bunch of He-Man toys, but I thought they were kinda whack, though I got a lot of use out of Castle Grayskull. Just a cool villain lair.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fuzz posted:

'81 and same though I don't bother collecting it. He-Man and Star Ware were my go to poo poo as a kid. GI Joe took over pretty quickly, never cared about Transformers, then moved to TMNT but never really cared for the toys because, I mean, GI Joes existed, and were AWESOME. (and the same scale as Star Wars, so you know that was just all crossover, all the time)

Also `81. I was super into He-Man and Transformers, more so the latter, but both got dwarfed by TMNT hard. Later I got into some GI Joe, I ended up being super into the vehicles more than anything. My father was super into Star Wars, but I never really got into it. Never got any of those figures. ( Even still ).

Rhyno, you might want to email the Power Con guys about that update you got, I would be pissed if I were in your shoes. As is I'm just waiting on USPS to even notify that they have accepted the package. :(

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

I was going to post almost EXACTLY this except replace Crash Dummies with Aliens/Predators.

Then again, I'm pretty sure this applies to many boys born in '84.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

From where?

I pre-ordered them from https://ohmyprimus.com back in October when they were first announced as a hedge against not finding them in the wild. They still have Firefly up for sale I think, but the Viper is of course not available.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Shiroc posted:

As a serious question, is there a very particular age cut off where you care about He-Man? I was born in the late 80s and it means absolutely nothing to me beyond a slightly dated feeling pop culture reference. Is it something where you need to have memories of the 80s? I did have a few GI Joes as a kid but it seems like it has hung around in popular and toy consciousness more consistently for a long time.

On other things, I was in a Target last night and they had some remnants of a Black Series restock. I got Bo Katan who I don't actually know anything about since I haven't watched any of the Star Wars TV shows but she looked cool.

I was born in October 1990, only He-Man toy I ever owned was that one buzzsaw vehicle, indeed despite going to Garage Sales and Swapmeets on an almost weekly basis for most of my childhood and adolescence He-Man stuff literally never showed up anywhere and I had no idea about it existing till the 2002 reboot happened, in spite of that I'm now a huge MOTU fan

The_Doctor posted:

Probably around 14 or 15 when the Gundam MSIA line died, after that my priorities shifted mostly to Video Games and Trading Card Games for a while, though me and my brothers still did get the occasional LEGO set, and for various holidays my mom would make little gift baskets(or giant stockings at Christmas) and alongside the usual snacks and candies there would usually be a Beanie Baby or two in it as well

Also biggest childhood regret was never owning a proper Megazord toy

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fuzz posted:

81 as well. For me it was He-Man, then Voltron and Transformers. I got heavily into Ghostbusters the second it hit as I was already a huge fan of the movie. That lasted into early TMNT and the Toy Biz DC and later Marvel figures. I didn’t get into GI Joe until very late like 1988/89 when it was starting to go downhill.

There was some random stuff in there like Teddy Ruxpin (which is super underrated, especially how deep and dark that cartoon got), Captain Power and MASK.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Born in '85 and I don't remember the MOTU toys as a kid, but might have caught a few of the cartoon episodes. I remember the Thundercats toys and cartoon were a big deal when I was about 4 or 5, but I'm in the UK and back then we got some stuff much later than the US (see also Star Trek TNG, which we didn't get until THREE YEARS later)

The earliest action figures I can remember getting are Secret Wars Spider-Man, Michael Keaton Batman with retractable belt, and Michelangelo and Shredder. Early 90s toylines I remember being nuts about include Marvel Super Heroes (I loved the Cap with the spring loaded shield), Toxic Crusaders, Beetlejuice, Terminator....

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Open Marriage Night posted:

Those Alien toys were the poo poo.

I got the tail end of them. Mostly hive wars. I missed the Predator line almost completely.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
For me it was Star Wars > GI Joe > Transformers & Gobots > back to GI Joe as the S3/post Diaclone stuff did not appeal at all. Was never into MotU or Power Lords or Thundercats or whatever, all those bigger fantasy figures just seemed ugly and rubbish and just not my bag at the time. By the time the Turtles made it big, I was in that 'probably too old for toys' stage and spending most of my allowance on comics and art supplies, though I always dug their style and kind of wish I had them.

But yeah, MotU was my era but I just never liked the look of any of them so have never wanted one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One of the best HT I’ve ever had. So much fun!