Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It looks tight and the studio doing it is real good. I haven't seen any real warning signs the way that the Warcraft III one just seemed intentionally bad from day one

it actually seemed pretty rad on day one, they talked up a whole lot of features that never materialized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it actually seemed pretty rad on day one, they talked up a whole lot of features that never materialized.

They even showed drastically improved in-game cutscenes, that were then removed from the final launch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo 2 remaster looks good but nobody's gonna enjoy it without bots/hacks if they leave the droprates untouched.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

They even showed drastically improved in-game cutscenes, that were then removed from the final launch.

The cutscene they showed looked terrible. Like I can't believe they showed it publicly bad. It's not surprising they gave up on the idea.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

D2's entire endgame is completely alien and offputting to anybody who grew up in this century, like you'll read a guide saying "starting a trapsin is easy, all you do is let your bot farm Pindleskin all day while you're at work until you get an HFT and find an Ith rune for an Enigma, then another 12 hours at Baal for a Shako."

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

every time i see the name i think people are talking about this game, which i own and have never played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcfwONzO7I

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think the graphical upgrade of Reforged ever seemed worth it. I also don't know when the details were revealed but I remember they said a bunch of worrying things very quickly about re-working the story to tie in with WoW

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1390037330942070788

gently caress offfffffffff

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

that'll do it, pack it up. good franchise though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope you get to play as Mia Winters again

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Haha, no one will ever be allowed to make a sports game that isn't directly tied in to and subject to the final approval of the major sports leagues unless there's Mario and Princess Peach in it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mario Golf is on my to-play list for sure

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am so excited about being murdered by 10 foot tall evil witch lady.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I remember there being at least one game on the Genesis that was a sports game with a Mario in the title. Not Mario Mario but a Mario who actually existed in real life.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I remember there being at least one game on the Genesis that was a sports game with a Mario in the title. Not Mario Mario but a Mario who actually existed in real life.

Mario Andretti, he is a legendary tier formula-1 and indie car driver.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lots of new exciting developments in the indie car scene

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When we gonna get Mario Cricket huh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tesla is an indie car developer if you really think about it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

randomly reminiscing about MGSV today and what an unfinished disappointment it was but also thinking about the time i lost my poo poo at what a dope moment this was seeing this timestamp for the first time. if you've seen it then you already know what the timestamp will be from the thumbnail :c00l:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCDQsJrZWUs&t=1239s

all of their narrated longform pre-release gameplay demos were so cool. unlike a lot of games, you could do everything they showed off in the final product and all of the mechanics worked so well...sigh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Tesla is an indie car developer if you really think about it
I'd rather not

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Mario Lemieux Hockey was also on it

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I watched Sphere Hunter's review and she usually goes in depth but because of the embargo she had to be vague enough that it was annoying.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yM3ppz0Zt8

This just popped up. It looks like the garage from those Labo sets but without the Labo.

I guess Labo is dead but at least this isn't.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I don’t know how much a review of RE Village would say my decision to play it. I really liked 7 and I’m hungry for another AAA horror game. They would have to really drop the ball for me to be turned off.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/humble/status/1389992055468855296?s=09

LMAOOOOOOOO

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm going into it hoping for a reverse MGS2 situation where an hour into the game Ethan gets replaced by a much cooler protagonist (Leon/Jill/Claire/Rebecca/Billy/Carlos/Sherry Birkin/Jake/anyone)

I'm 100% up for another round of slams and jams with swamp wrestler extraordinaire Joe Baker

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yM3ppz0Zt8

This just popped up. It looks like the garage from those Labo sets but without the Labo.

I guess Labo is dead but at least this isn't.

This looks very slick. Also has sharing, looking at code and collaboration.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i love pokemon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

i love pokemon

:same:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Many messages from gamers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh yeah people can play Devotion again right

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Has anyone played or heard anything about this Hood game? It looks cool but there’s no buzz surrounding it.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I think It was in an E3 or E3-like thing one or two years ago, looked like left 4 dead but a Robin Hood crew killing English soldiers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hear you Become Legend

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Looper posted:

i love pokemon

This is hard to articulate but Pokemon Snap does the thing, that Isle of Armor did a little bit, that makes Pokemon so good but the mainline games very rarely do correctly

Make the world of Pokemon feel real, and lived-in, like these are real critters that gently caress around and interact with each other

So many times in Pokemon Snap I'm like "oh my god it's that one!!!!!!" and then they do something and I'm like :allears:

usually it's Wailord

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My entire house fuckin screamed when wailord showed up

He's just so big

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

wuggles posted:

This is hard to articulate but Pokemon Snap does the thing, that Isle of Armor did a little bit, that makes Pokemon so good but the mainline games very rarely do correctly

Make the world of Pokemon feel real, and lived-in, like these are real critters that gently caress around and interact with each other

So many times in Pokemon Snap I'm like "oh my god it's that one!!!!!!" and then they do something and I'm like :allears:

usually it's Wailord

My favorite feeling in the game is seeing pokemon interact with each other. I love going around the reef and seeing the Pyukumukus riding around in the Pelipper beaks, or chilling out in the haunted forest to see Bulbasaur riding on a Lotad. Or riding around underwater to experience Wailmer yelling another pokemon like they were playing music way too loud during night time hours.

It's good. Real good.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Arzaac posted:

My entire house fuckin screamed when wailord showed up

He's just so big

It's a rather incredible moment. New Pokemon Snap is so good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I understand the impracticality of making bespoke animations for all nearly a thousand of the buggers but Snap really does make me love so many pokemon which I'm extremely lukewarm on in the main series, just by the animations alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

wailord, or as I like to call him God's Chonkiest Boy, might be the best pokemon