Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care
Sold my 2080Ti (sadly mostly unused) to friend for the same amount I paid last December and got a 1060 3 GB in trade. Free GPU yay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I remember only so long ago scoffing at paying more than $200 for a GPU back to the GTX 560 Ti and now there I was only so long ago dropping $2k. What a terrible world

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
ASRock finally pushed out the beta BIOS for my hipster motherboard which enabled Resizable BAR.

Does anyone know if I can force it on/off for all games at once if I have a 3080?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Zero VGS posted:

ASRock finally pushed out the beta BIOS for my hipster motherboard which enabled Resizable BAR.

Does anyone know if I can force it on/off for all games at once if I have a 3080?

It is my understanding that you can use profile inspector to edit unknown flags:

0x000F00BA and 0x000F00BB to 0x00000001
0x000F00FF to 0x0000000040000000

on a per-application basis. Results will vary wildly by game. I don't know if you can (or should) change the flags in the global rules.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1390066468184805377?s=20

friendship ended with kidney

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

brb retrofitting my open loop cooling into a dialysis machine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

And he only got 2070?? I bought a 3070 from Fauxtool and it only cost me the equivalent of like 18 quarts of plasma. Sheesh

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

guy in discord swears up and down his 10 year old cousin bought a 2070 for 2000 buxx

in december

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Well I won the shuffle for a 6700xt, but I can't decide whether to punt it on to someone else and try for an RTX 30XX or just keep it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nothus posted:

Well I won the shuffle for a 6700xt, but I can't decide whether to punt it on to someone else and try for an RTX 30XX or just keep it.

If you didn't pay horrible markup for it, and you aren't like me with a monitor that's got Nvidia proprietary lock-ins, maybe use it for a year and reconsider after? It's why I eventually decided to not sell the PS5 I stumbled upon. I'm going to need something to do if this drags on to the point where this 1070 is unusable at 1440 Medium.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nothus posted:

The correct course of action is to buy it and then hit up a Microcenter Discord to trade for a 3060ti.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Buy it, destroy it on video and launch your YouTube career.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Alan Smithee posted:

guy in discord swears up and down his 10 year old cousin bought a 2070 for 2000 buxx

in december

That’s a ballin 10 year old.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That’s a ballin scalper

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
AMD’s upcoming flagship GPUs should be 3x faster than RX 6900XT:
If the rumors can be believed, GPU performance will triple sometime next year

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

New 42000XT series sounding pretty nice

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

3x faster doesn't mean 3x fps. That's a fairly standard generational uplift.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
looking forward to 6 GHz clock speeds on those cards

that's how this works, right? :v:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Alchenar posted:

3x faster doesn't mean 3x fps. That's a fairly standard generational uplift.

Wut, that’s not true

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
:pwn:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I can maybe see them being 3x faster in one specific case of raytracing or some other similar weakness, but nowhere near that kind of increase across the board.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Alucard posted:

New 42069XT series sounding pretty nice

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
One of the discord's reported a bunch of bots opening up sign-ups this week.

One is like $150 a month with Autocheckout and a *$600* 'set up' fee.

So pretty much need to scalp a card or two for it to balance out.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

FilthyImp posted:

One of the discord's reported a bunch of bots opening up sign-ups this week.

One is like $150 a month with Autocheckout and a *$600* 'set up' fee.

So pretty much need to scalp a card or two for it to balance out.

Can PC gaming die already

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

3x probably refers to RT performance which might make AMD cards ok for that.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Palladium posted:

Can PC gaming die already

as long as we get to keep PC posting

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Speaking of raytracing Metro Exodus Enhanced is out now

note it's a separate game in your library, not an update for the original exodus

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

repiv posted:

Speaking of raytracing Metro Exodus Enhanced is out now

note it's a separate game in your library, not an update for the original exodus

Looks like it is included with this month's Humble choice as well.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So EVGA is not showing the GT 210 I ordered from Adorama as eligible for step up. Did something change or did I somehow order the wrong card?

Part Number is 01G-P3-1312-LR

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

KidDynamite posted:

So EVGA is not showing the GT 210 I ordered from Adorama as eligible for step up. Did something change or did I somehow order the wrong card?

Mine is in the queue but the part number is:

01G-P3-1313-KR

This is the one:

https://www.adorama.com/ev01gp31313.html?origterm=01g-p3-1313-kr

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 6, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Only parts with SKUs ending in -KR are valid for Step Up.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

KidDynamite posted:

Has to have "K" in the sku to be eligible for step-up if I remember from some years back.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

welp don't order gpus in bed on ambien. not sure how I managed to gently caress that up.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

welp don't order gpus in bed on ambien. not sure how I managed to gently caress that up.

what’d you do?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Reading the Techpage for the Metro Exodus update showed an interesting take on the debate of doing true RTGI and RTXGI styled dynamic probes. Why not both!

First hit is full RTGI with single bounce once per frame. then the probes sample the lighting to add to themselves to cache for infinite light bounces.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

brb, gonna donate the market cost of a 3080 to the Gambian Press Union

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

what’d you do?

I guess I clicked the link in the thread, saw that the KR 210 was on backorder, and then ordered the in stock LR 210. Never once wondering why the LR would be in stock.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao that kingpin drop lasted 10 seconds

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Twibbit posted:

Reading the Techpage for the Metro Exodus update showed an interesting take on the debate of doing true RTGI and RTXGI styled dynamic probes. Why not both!

First hit is full RTGI with single bounce once per frame. then the probes sample the lighting to add to themselves to cache for infinite light bounces.

no link? you tease

https://www.4a-games.com.mt/4a-dna/in-depth-technical-dive-into-metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Sorry, my bad.

Also interesting is that RTGI samples light from the probes as well. I was wondering how they were getting good indirect shadows for lights that bounced more than once.