Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Needs to be a gif where it lifts up like a crocodile and chomps a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1390062168712912900?s=19

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

clearly the natural conclusion is to drop covid bombs on all of the bad countries

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What do these people think you can do with this? Make some kind of mRNA bioweapon?

Yeah sure drop an mRNA bomb on a city and see what happens to such a fragile molecule that requires direct injection into a cell to even do anything

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Hahahah John Cornyn has "RTs =/= endorsements" on his bio, what a loser.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A bit niche, but I feel this belongs here.

Deleted after about an hour, but the tl;dr of it is Lidia is not that good. She's a mid-tier Tekken character that this org (with 1 Tekken player in it) loudly proclaimed they would not participate in tournaments where she is allowed (all of them).

Edit: Followup from them, saying they deleted it because their singular player was getting hate. He wasn't, just a convenient reason to delete the original tweet after it got 500ish quote tweets lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/axibytegg/status/1390068417533812744

Nazzadan has a new favorite as of 23:32 on May 5, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

What do these people think you can do with this? Make some kind of mRNA bioweapon?

Yeah sure drop an mRNA bomb on a city and see what happens to such a fragile molecule that requires direct injection into a cell to even do anything

I think it is more "I hate the idea of anybody who isn't me benefitting" which is also the general attitude towards taxation they tend to take.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Nazzadan posted:

A bit niche, but I feel this belongs here.

Deleted after about an hour, but the tl;dr of it is Lidia is not that good. She's a mid-tier Tekken character that this org (with 1 Tekken player in it) loudly proclaimed they would not participate in tournaments where she is allowed (all of them).

Edit: Followup from them, saying they deleted it because their singular player was getting hate. He wasn't, just a convenient reason to delete the original tweet after it got 500ish quote tweets lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/axibytegg/status/1390068417533812744

So what was their problem? If she's mid tier, doesn't that mean that she has no impact on the meta? I'd get it if she was like, OP and it was a case of "pick Lidia or lose 70% of the time", but... Do they just not like her? Did Harada (that's the Tekken guy right?) personally do something to them?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Serperoth posted:

So what was their problem? If she's mid tier, doesn't that mean that she has no impact on the meta? I'd get it if she was like, OP and it was a case of "pick Lidia or lose 70% of the time", but... Do they just not like her? Did Harada (that's the Tekken guy right?) personally do something to them?
I feel like best case scenario is that their singular player is really bad at countering Lidia.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Serperoth posted:

Their player recently has been getting third place in his locals, and the top 2 are playing Lidia. So it's literally their player is losing to 1 of 2 Lidias and they decided to do...this. They were hoping to feed off hate on 2 recent new characters Leroy and Fakhumram, who were legitimately broken and "play them or lose" tier. Lidia has released to a resounding "she's aight."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Serperoth posted:

I think in some competition the final match was Lidia v Lidia and that was proof that she broke the meta?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Could've been a counterpick to their main, I guess?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Volcott posted:

Could've been a counterpick to their main, I guess?

The player mains Panda, which is really cool because Panda is generally considered low tier so being a competitive Panda player is admirable. That also means most of the roster is a counterpick, function-wise.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nazzadan posted:

The player mains Panda, which is really cool because Panda is generally considered low tier so being a competitive Panda player is admirable. That also means most of the roster is a counterpick, function-wise.

Gotta ban them all then, for the sake of the metagame.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stop talking to ten-year-olds.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There's a video of a (uninjured) child getting pulled underneath one of those treadmills in a matter of seconds. How the gently caress do you look at that and go yeah baby!! Fredomm!!! Don't cancel my tread liberal!!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Heath posted:

There's a video of a (uninjured) child getting pulled underneath one of those treadmills in a matter of seconds. How the gently caress do you look at that and go yeah baby!! Fredomm!!! Don't cancel my tread liberal!!

Probably the same way they look at mass shootings.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

They just don't want to be told not to do something, even if it's jumping off a cliff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Dual star foxes, final destination, no items.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

So send all US tax payers a share of the profits.

Skwirl posted:

drat you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anora posted:

drat you.

Fine, same thing but dual Marths

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

In my day, our idea of childrens toys was throwing spiked darts at each other

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nazzadan posted:

Their player recently has been getting third place in his locals, and the top 2 are playing Lidia. So it's literally their player is losing to 1 of 2 Lidias and they decided to do...this. They were hoping to feed off hate on 2 recent new characters Leroy and Fakhumram, who were legitimately broken and "play them or lose" tier. Lidia has released to a resounding "she's aight."

Well, this is probably better than what I assumed, which was 'something about disagreeing with her being Prime Minister of Poland'.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Skwirl posted:

(everything about it)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Heath posted:

A sort of cultural oppositional defiant disorder where the immediate gut response to being told you cannot or should not do something is "gently caress you, watch me."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo those things look like unfinished 3D prints

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

..2037?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

NOT FOR MEN

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Mike Oxmall

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Heath posted:

Mike Oxmall
A modern classic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Somfin posted:

Holy poo poo those things look like unfinished 3D prints

That might be what they used to make the mould.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

It's a dumb meme from a couple years ago referring to Trump being Eternal God-King of America.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Like Trump is going to live that long on his diet of fast food and diet coke.

... oh my God I just. When he dies there's going to be so many conspiracies about how he was murdered, aren't there?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

RoboRodent posted:

... oh my God I just. When he dies there's going to be so many conspiracies about how he was murdered, aren't there?

Whom among us could kill the immortal man?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RoboRodent posted:

I'm honestly surprised that there aren't a bunch of conspiracies about how he's already dead and that's why he hasn't come back with proof of how Joe Biden stole the election and have the military put him back into the presidency

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

It's a dumb meme from a couple years ago referring to Trump being Eternal God-King of America.

oh so psychopath poo poo, got it

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Like even in their fantasy they can't go "everyone eventually realized he was what we needed and we all united against him and Congress voted to make him president for life". No. In their ideal future, Trump's been successfully impeached over 700 times, but it's okay because "they were all bullshit anyway".
How loving pathetic.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

lmao at the idea of trump aging into santa clause. he's already gray-hair old you dumb motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think a lot of his fans don't actually realize how old he is