Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Shard posted:

Yeah for real yall sound lame. That ending was good. I'm sorry they didn't go through concrete.

I don't care about the crash pad. Sammy surrendering was lame as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

The 50 year old man should have shoot bumped onto concrete

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol Jericho fell onto a cardboard crash pad while the announcers cried he'd broken his back. It looked bad. It didn't need to look bad. It looked fake. It didn't need to look fake. Dumb as hell

You're right, they could have killed a person and made it real.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MJeff posted:

Mmhm, Parking Lot Brawl, Arcade Anarchy. Really face planted at the finish line in those.

Sorry man, must have missed those.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea that's where it felt like it was just downhill. You 100% had the chance to win and just blew it over and over. And the finish was really bad/stupid

Honestly the finish would've been fine if it happened like at the peak of the emotion but instead it happened after a long period of we didn't see the rest of the match in the cage for minutes and last we saw the inner circle had entirely laid out the pinnacle it just felt off as there was a divide in the drama. This isn't about the crashpad this is about the pacing of the match and how they managed to squeeze a 25 minute match into 40.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
come watch chocopro for more soft mat wrestling

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

SEGA rear end Fisting posted:

I don't care about the crash pad. Sammy surrendering was lame as hell

It was a decent idea but didn’t work out in execution

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i wanna watch the match again, thats how much i liked it

not tonight tho

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MRT is right, psychology doesn't exist, because I don't know any other explanation for how so few people understand what a war games match is about

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jordan7hm posted:

Liked the ending, am ok with them using a crash pad for that because I want people to live.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Shane McMahon lands on crash pads 1000x more obvious and people legit go "he's still got it :shuckyes:" lmao

They cover the pad with a tarp so you can't see its pillowy inside.

It still is an obvious crash pad, but you can pretend it's harder than it is.

Again, this is me splitting hairs. Still loved the match, still loved how Wardlow and MJF are still the best.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

"wish they would have done a matt hardy bump for the ending there"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's impossible to paint a crash pad. Tony doesn't have the resources.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The bump owned everything owned and you are dork nerd if you disagree

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they needed someone to tap in the middle of the ring, once and forall. pure wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol gooooooood, am I in an alternate universe or something?

You guys loving suck. Holy poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad ending, and bad ads

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Stadium stampede ended with the world’s most obvious gigantic crash pad and nobody gave a poo poo

The real issue was the pacing of the end and the framing of the push.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

MRT is right, psychology doesn't exist, because I don't know any other explanation for how so few people understand what a war games match is about

why isn't he hitting the finisher!!!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i really hope next time tnt has negotiations w/ aew they can stump to have some of the special episodes like this have commercialless matches because that's probably my biggest complaint about the match

wardlow entering in pip and then having a commercial and coming back to the ring entirely torn up felt super off

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

lmao goon arguments

"It could have looked better"

"SO YOU WANTED A MAN TO DIE, LIVE ON TV"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The babyfaces surrendering to prevent the evil heel from permanently injuring their friend and then the heel doing it anyway is perfect wrestling pathos. That part is golden. The crash pad spot could've looked a little better, but it was good enough.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they needed someone to get hit with a golf club and quickly say "i surrender" while falling to the ground just before they go unconscious

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

But also guts!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Put a silver tarp over the crash pad it's not that hard.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

they should have pre filmed jericho lying blooded and defeated amongst a bunch of bent metal before the show. then after mjf threw him just cut to that on the tv stream.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Stadium stampede ended with the world’s most obviosus gigantic crash pad and nobody gave a poo poo

The real issue was the pacing of the end and the framing of the push.

This is correct.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Wardaddy and Sammy were my MVPs, and MJF scrapes another hall of famer off his boot and moves ever onward to his destiny

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't want anybody to die and the fact that they used a crashpad is very good, but it's very funny to make jokes about how it looked.

The actual match was intense and bloody as hell, which kind of made the difference in effect stronger

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I don't think anyone minds the bump itself, that was good.

Sammy giving up thinking MJF wouldn't throw him though was just stupid. Anyone could have predicted what would happen.

That's what knocks down the whole ending.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

they needed someone to get hit with a golf club and quickly say "i surrender" while falling to the ground just before they go unconscious

that would have been cool

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Match was awesome, the last 15 minutes were a clusterfuck but those dudes had a war so idk poo poo is going to get botchy. I was transfixed on Wheeler the whole time, he looked incredibly uncomfortable (for obvious reasons) and kept falling back to the corner of the ring to hang out and.. bleed I guess.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oil! posted:

You're right, they could have killed a person and made it real.

No, they could have made it not look fake and poo poo OR and here's the kicker, do something else. Something else that didn't look fake and poo poo. You'll never been Mick Foley falling off the cage, don't even bother

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

i thought the match was really fun, but the commercial breaks were awkward. sammy surrendering to save his friend makes total sense especially if jericho is gone for awhile after the fall.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I wonder what they had planned for last year's aborted elite vs inner circle BnG match

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

No, they could have made it not look fake and poo poo OR and here's the kicker, do something else. Something else that didn't look fake and poo poo. You'll never been Mick Foley falling off the cage, don't even bother

mick probably shouldn't have bothered either given the state of his body

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
There are a lot of people on this forum who are very attached to AEW in a weird way that if you don't entirely get behind a match they lose their poo poo. It was a good match, much better than anything you regularly see on TV usually. It just had some pacing issues and the finish was kind of flat.

Also yeah as I mentioned a match like that doesn't go well with commercials as there aren't a lot of down moments booked into something like that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Picture in picture is a problem, and please fix the camera angles.

You fix those, no one would have a solid complaint. It's just stupid we even have to loving talk about production issues.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Queefy posted:

I wonder what they had planned for last year's aborted elite vs inner circle BnG match

someone falling off the cage through a triple bunk bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no