Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

I stand corrected. They’re full steam ahead

This is just pure insanity. Idk how anyone can take them seriously anymore but it will never end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Normally I'd say I feel bad for anyone tricked into this. But it's a decade old scam at this point so those idiots deserve to lose their money.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

quote:

process of standardizing the proper usage of bed shutters began

development of space combat game going well, I see

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bubbacub posted:

development of space combat game going well, I see

what if you needed to signal to a spy on another ship during tense diplomatic negotiations and you couldn't risk a radio transmission because it would cause a transient EM spike that could be eavesdropped on, so you had to open and close the shutters!!! think of the IMMERSION!!!!!!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/sv5hJ4v.mp4

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Pixelate posted:

I stand corrected. They’re full steam ahead

:lol: What sort of brainworms must you have to think this acceptable in a space game?

Look all the progress that is being made you FUDster!
Server meshing? No that's different teams. :rolleyes:

I can't even begin to imagine how big the tech wall is they hit. Even their padding is lackluster.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Love this totally neccessary AI NPC:

'They also implemented the first version of the landing officer, one of the deck crew that will be used in hangars, landing zones, and capital ships. The landing officer gives players clear directions on how to position their ships in relation to the pad for perfect decents.'

In the far future, you will still need a dude with flags who stands at the edge of your landing pad giving you signals for 'back a bit, back... no thats too much... forward...for... oh poo poo no...BACK! Forward!'

EDIT: Just seen 'Work also continued on the hygiene behavior, with the team completing setups for the toilet and shower cubicles and their relative blockout animations.'

I have no words.

EDIT 2: Missed this one - fking lol.

'Props polish for Orison was started, most notably on materials for the whale statue “hero-asset.”'

Gravity_Storm fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 6, 2021

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

quote:

Time in April was also dedicated to server meshing. The existing StarHash logic, which is used for server object container streaming, was moved to the network module in preparation for a later move to a server meshing service.

it's not a hash function, it's STARHASH

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Bubbacub posted:

it's not a hash function, it's STARHASH

Man, that statement is pure "stop asking me what I'm working on". It's complete nonsense and idk how even the most die hard backer would be expected to understand it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
lol morphologis finally loses it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDxLQ632Xr8

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Snub fighter.
Never flown.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Snubbed fighter

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

'They also implemented the first version of the landing officer, one of the deck crew that will be used in hangars, landing zones, and capital ships. The landing officer gives players clear directions on how to position their ships in relation to the pad for perfect decents.'

In the far future, you will still need a dude with flags who stands at the edge of your landing pad giving you signals for 'back a bit, back... no thats too much... forward...for... oh poo poo no...BACK! Forward!'

EDIT: Just seen 'Work also continued on the hygiene behavior, with the team completing setups for the toilet and shower cubicles and their relative blockout animations.'

I have no words.

'Props polish for Orison was started, most notably on materials for the whale statue “hero-asset.”'

There’s a very funny video from a few years back that shows their first attempt at a dude with flags waving off a ship. It looks like something from an N64 game. I’m sure one of our resident archivists has it

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Star Citizen demos vs gameplay

https://i.imgur.com/AF0Xudj.gifv

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The free flight weekend is coming up this month and I can't wait to try it for the first time.

Looking forward to flying this Idris I hear so much about.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lammasu posted:

Does cynicism destroy people's long term memories? Bernie Madoff?

Madoff (R.I.P) took money from rich people.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
The Epic vs Apple lawsuit really highlights how boring SC has become. It is a glorious haven of newly revealed shady deals, high-level conversations, judge grilling and shizophrenic moral compass, when by comparison, the Crytek vs CIG ended up as a vague wet fart settlement.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Are you guys pumped for INVICTUS LAUNCH WEEK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULVIz0aCxoE

I know I am!!!!! holy shiaaaaattttt gently caress yyeeaaaahhhhh!!!!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
yay

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

trucutru posted:

The scale is completely different, Bernie's case is an incredible outlier. But, anyways, you can amend the cynical view to "nothing will happen because he didn't take money from the government or powerful people".

Bernie Madoff was one of those exceptional cases. It is my understanding that in the US, there are only consequences in two general cases (exceptions that prove the rule notwithstanding):

1. When you steal from other scammers and/or connected groups (real reason for Madoff's arrest)
2. When your pleb-focused scam becomes a PR liability (i.e. strong risks that plebs might stop believing in the system, which in turn requires a scammer to "take one for the team").

And if you think I am being overly cynical, read up on Madoff's story, particularly the Avellino & Bienes Madoff feeder fund that got busted in the early 90s. There is no good explanation other than systemic corruption (as opposed to petty corruption - i.e. Madoff gave $XXX in bribes etc.).

Back to Store Citizen:

They are starting a new marketing campaign around their "volumetric clouds" BS:

https://external-preview.redd.it/IRH2K2HY18j2BY8RBAMo-3m5ZNk9jD1wOnfrZ8t5BFI.png?auto=webp&s=b5fe6ef098f6b1dca219e86c097e3c3a13173b76

Thought this reaction on :reddit: was funny:

I suspect our dear poster is doing a little bit of trolling, but I may be wrong.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Storer Citizer: It wouldn't be too difficult, would it?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Star Citizer: Space whales have been promised and are mandatory

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Those clouds look odd, is it supposed to be a gas giant? Doesn't look like one compared to gas giants in Solar System. It doesn't even look like a giant planet, more like a small rocky satellite with some odd cloud cover, but it's tier 0 alien world, so whatever.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well about drat time.

quote:

Player Relations finalized their recruiting efforts to support the growing needs of the service and backer base, including a remote training program to better onboard new team members. They also announced the launch of the Issue Council 2.0, which improves the team’s ability to track, triage, and fix bugs throughout the game.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 6, 2021

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Colostomy Bag posted:

Also, what the hell is going on here?

Player Relations finalized their recruiting efforts to support the growing needs of the service and backer base, including a remote training program to better onboard new team members. They also announced the launch of the Issue Council 2.0, which improves the team’s ability to track, triage, and fix bugs throughout the game.

"Community team have improved training for new hires, also updated bug tracking"

This is good for Store Citizer and definitely timely for ~10 years after the kickstarter

marumaru
May 20, 2013

cba watching but im sure the roc ds punches above its wheel count

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Bumble He posted:

“Star Dweller“.

Has someone said Stellar Dweller yet :crobear:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dwesa posted:

Those clouds look odd, is it supposed to be a gas giant? Doesn't look like one compared to gas giants in Solar System. It doesn't even look like a giant planet, more like a small rocky satellite with some odd cloud cover, but it's tier 0 alien world, so whatever.

Don't worry, they are tier0, in the end the tech will be able to produce every single kind of cloud you may imagine. In the meantime, you know what to buy.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

skeletors_condom posted:

Bernie Madoff was one of those exceptional cases. It is my understanding that in the US, there are only consequences in two general cases (exceptions that prove the rule notwithstanding):

1. When you steal from other scammers and/or connected groups (real reason for Madoff's arrest)
2. When your pleb-focused scam becomes a PR liability (i.e. strong risks that plebs might stop believing in the system, which in turn requires a scammer to "take one for the team").

And if you think I am being overly cynical, read up on Madoff's story, particularly the Avellino & Bienes Madoff feeder fund that got busted in the early 90s. There is no good explanation other than systemic corruption (as opposed to petty corruption - i.e. Madoff gave $XXX in bribes etc.).

Back to Store Citizen:

https://external-preview.redd.it/IRH2K2HY18j2BY8RBAMo-3m5ZNk9jD1wOnfrZ8t5BFI.png?auto=webp&s=b5fe6ef098f6b1dca219e86c097e3c3a13173b76

I suspect our dear poster is doing a little bit of trolling, but I may be wrong.

:laffo:

Is that CIG's rendition of a gas giant? Pink moss?

Sorry, this is an actual loving gas giant:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
I'm gonna go with an assumption that those CIG's clouds are not supposed to be gas giant, based on the blue atmosphere at the very least but if it is supposed to be gas giant then :lol: at the scale

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gravity_Storm posted:

I have no words.

It sort of looks like somebody saw that DCS Supercarrier thing and figured their totally realistic space simulator needs that kind of thing as well.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

commando in tophat posted:

I'm gonna go with an assumption that those CIG's clouds are not supposed to be gas giant, based on the blue atmosphere at the very least but if it is supposed to be gas giant then :lol: at the scale
it's supposed to be this planet's atmosphere

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dwesa posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Why is their gas giant like 5 clouds in diameter in that previous picture, and why does it have such large earth-like atmosphere? :iiasb: strikes again. You would thing that "cloud imperium games" could make at least clouds right. Star citizer broke my brain And judging from that reddit thread I found about this, it broke many brains, but in different ways

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dwesa posted:

Nature is loving wild. There are some weird rear end planets out there that have been discovered in just our own galaxy alone. Space sims don't even really come close to capturing how weird real space is out there. Not even Elite Dangerous, and that is as close to what Star Citizen has promised that we will ever get.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
This one is honestly kind of puzzling:

quote:

I have been playing Star Citizen for almost a year now and I see plenty of potential for it to become the closest thing to the READY PLAYER ONE universe.
We already have a solar system to explore and wander about.
We have an engine for travelling with ships, vehicles, on foot.
We can fight using the most diverse weapons.
We have something that looks like a basic economy.
We will have VR in the future.
But...we need wider multiplayer capabilities and server support.

CIG could develop other diverse systems and settings to populate and explore, for example a fantasy one or one where just a few electronic items work.

Also, an interaction between the fictional world of Star Citizen and the real world would be very easy to implement.

What if I could digitally buy something I like (for example clothes or other items) in game and have them delivered for real in life.
What if CIG involved real world companies to help them create virtual shops to populate the cities and offer other content. Wouldn't it be cool to fly on a fast red Ferrari F200000000 spaceship?
What if I could assist to events, movies, webinars on Star Citizen or visit exhibitions where I could find digital replicas of real world objects.
What if I could buy and sell land, build on it and own property.
What if this game wasn't just a game?

Do any of you think this could ever be feasible or possibile?

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

MedicineHut posted:

:laffo:

Is that CIG's rendition of a gas giant? Pink moss?

Sorry, this is an actual loving gas giant:

no you see when it looks like they're incompetent and don't know how to make clouds, it's actually a creative artistic choice:

quote:

For cloud modeling, the artists can now specify a custom set of volume textures per planet to shape clouds, as not every planet has clouds resembling those on earth.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

That's strange, when I see that, it does not tell me "gas giant" but "planet with clouds". I mean it looks cool, but not what I expected.

quote:

Maybe we should look at it as Crusader V1.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

skeletors_condom posted:

Back to Store Citizen:

lmao that guy has the av someone made for me by crobearing my Russian Orthodox Patriarch Vader one that I never ended up using

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

This is the kind of fantasy poo poo nerds imagined VR was going to be back in the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Again, these people just want Second Life. Second Life did all that stuff first.