Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I know I'm making GBS threads up the DS3 thread with Remaster stuff, kinda treating it as the catchall soulsborne thread... Do we have one of those?

Anyway I won't inundate you with a bunch of gameplay clips unless its welcome but I had to share this at least, unlikely to recreate it any time soon-

https://i.imgur.com/dyFM6fG.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Protagonist posted:

I know I'm making GBS threads up the DS3 thread with Remaster stuff, kinda treating it as the catchall soulsborne thread... Do we have one of those?

Anyway I won't inundate you with a bunch of gameplay clips unless its welcome but I had to share this at least, unlikely to recreate it any time soon-

https://i.imgur.com/dyFM6fG.mp4

daaaaamn nice shot!

And you're not making GBS threads up anything lol. We do have a DS1 specific thread but your clips rule and I'd enjoy them anywhere

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
There's still this much action in Anor Londo on remastered? drat lol.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:haw:

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

God loving drat it Ariandel is too hard

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
If you're stuck on the first bit, I recommend bravely running past the Followers at the start to the far side of the map (ie follow the left cliff wall from the bonfire). When the snow collapses, ignore all wolves and tree ladies, stick to the wall and run, don't walk, down the ravine to the rope bridge bonfire. The snowfield and all the stupid wolves are easier when you're backtracking.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
got curious to try a faith build so I made a tomato son

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

God I can’t wait to see what that looks like all hollowed out.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Last Celebration posted:

God I can’t wait to see what that looks like all hollowed out.

What, you've never seen a sundried tomato before?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Gotta run some jolly co-operation on that build. Or some invasions for some really angry tomatoes.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Leon Sumbitches posted:

What, you've never seen a sundried tomato before?

Not one that ugly and godforsaken, no

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

War Wizard posted:

Gotta run some jolly co-operation on that build. Or some invasions for some really angry tomatoes.

oh absolutely, that's a face you just have to share with the world

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

thats ET (i love him hes beautiful)

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Moola posted:

DS3 mod news:

This guy has made a DS3 pokemon mod, where you can capture enemies in pokeballs, then they become your pet that you can summon and will fight alongside you. Which quite frankly is insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbNxCxRcV8

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/690?tab=description

Also neat if you wanted to make a beastmaster / summoner build

holy poo poo lmao this is amazing

I wish there was a way to play modded ds3 multiplayer, even if it was just LAN

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Last Celebration posted:

Not one that ugly and godforsaken, no

Turn on your monitor

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Elissimpark posted:

I wonder if all the crabs are the same species and have just proliferated through the worlds due to their proximity, or whether they're different species, but due to the time spans involved in the game have coincidentally evolved into crabs.

The Ringed City should just have been wall to wall crabs. Crab Souls.

Crabs for Time.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

goblin week posted:

Turn on your monitor

Jokes on you, it broke years ago after seeing me in a well-lit room :smug:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Raine posted:

holy poo poo lmao this is amazing

I wish there was a way to play modded ds3 multiplayer, even if it was just LAN

You can totally play modded ds3 multiplayer, just need a banned account. Some mods disable multiplayer by default, but you can switch it back on. Hell Champions Ashes is specifically designed to be a multiplayer mod

Just make sure if you're playing with a friend to have the same mods installed and use password summoning

Sometimes you should alt f4 / kill yourself if invaded because you might encounter some weird hacker invading shenanagins

Bonus hilarity can happen if someone who is just regularly banned (not running mods) invades you, because they will not be able to see your mods but the effects of your mods still work on them lol.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I don't know if this would be the place for it, but VaatiVidya held a contest to have fans come up with their own Bloodborne 2 designs, and my God they are so incredible. He'll be uploading the video to Youtube later, but he had a stream of it on his Twitch, which I'm sure you can look at the VOD on there, if you like BB at all, there are some incredibly talented people that put these concepts together.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Moola posted:

You can totally play modded ds3 multiplayer, just need a banned account.
yeah to be clear if you play Cinders online you just get softbanned, and all that means is you only match with other softbanned players

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Moola posted:

You can totally play modded ds3 multiplayer, just need a banned account. Some mods disable multiplayer by default, but you can switch it back on. Hell Champions Ashes is specifically designed to be a multiplayer mod

Just make sure if you're playing with a friend to have the same mods installed and use password summoning

Sometimes you should alt f4 / kill yourself if invaded because you might encounter some weird hacker invading shenanagins

Bonus hilarity can happen if someone who is just regularly banned (not running mods) invades you, because they will not be able to see your mods but the effects of your mods still work on them lol.

Yeah I kinda figured that would be a way around it, but having my account softlocked just to play modded would be kind of a pain if I ever wanted to play unmodded again.

Maybe someday a co-op utility mod will get made by some genius

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

In the meantime you can make like a free share account for yourself, thats how I played Cinders online.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
FRIAR TOMATOFACE has killed a cardinal and taken his vestments and is now CARDINAL TOMATOFACE

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FRIAR TOMATOFACE has killed a cardinal and taken his vestments and is now CARDINAL TOMATOFACE

It’s disturbing how well that outfit/face combo works

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Does everyone run around being Pope the first time they kill the deacons? It's one of the best outfits in the game.

Also, that's not a tomato face, that's Cardinal Zoidberg.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Moola posted:

DS3 mod news:

This guy has made a DS3 pokemon mod, where you can capture enemies in pokeballs, then they become your pet that you can summon and will fight alongside you. Which quite frankly is insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAbNxCxRcV8

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/690?tab=description

Also neat if you wanted to make a beastmaster / summoner build

Goddamn. Imagine what the community would do if there was real mod support (although that is a big ask) Or poo poo, imagine what people could do if dark souls was open-sourced.

Its real impressive they were able to get this working as a mod. Really cool stuff.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
open-soulsed if you would

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ah gently caress. I was powering through the early game, came back to Yoel, and he's dead. I looked it up and apparently I have to finish going hollow and get Yuria before the Abyss Watchers. Should I start my cleric over or should I be fine? I was going for a dark cleric (currently making a run for Dhorys' Gnawing in Irithyll)

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ah gently caress. I was powering through the early game, came back to Yoel, and he's dead. I looked it up and apparently I have to finish going hollow and get Yuria before the Abyss Watchers. Should I start my cleric over or should I be fine? I was going for a dark cleric (currently making a run for Dhorys' Gnawing in Irithyll)

Might want to restart. She sells a pretty good spell book. You can do without it but it’s right in your build’s wheelhouse.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

skasion posted:

Might want to restart. She sells a pretty good spell book. You can do without it but it’s right in your build’s wheelhouse.

Dammit, what a waste. welp

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Zaphod42 posted:

Goddamn. Imagine what the community would do if there was real mod support (although that is a big ask) Or poo poo, imagine what people could do if dark souls was open-sourced.

Its real impressive they were able to get this working as a mod. Really cool stuff.

OpenMW is an allmost fully functional reimplementation of Morrowind and very actively developed. Expect to have OpenSouls ready and running by the mid 2030s!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

The Protagonist posted:

In the meantime you can make like a free share account for yourself, thats how I played Cinders online.

Does this mean setting up another steam account and linking it with yours? Interesting work around..

im enjoying cinders a lot, having fun with quickstep poison fists and little sorcerer spells :smugwizard:

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

cheeseboy58 posted:

Does this mean setting up another steam account and linking it with yours? Interesting work around..

im enjoying cinders a lot, having fun with quickstep poison fists and little sorcerer spells :smugwizard:

yeah, you need steam guard enabled and second steam account, then go here

check "Authorize Library Sharing on this Computer" box, then check the account name of your secondary account. if you only play cinders on the second account you won't get softbanned on your primary account.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hell yeah thats awesome, thanks for the informative post! Is there a souls goon discord to reach ppl for some jolly coop?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

GodFish posted:

There's still this much action in Anor Londo on remastered? drat lol.

I snatched it up on a recent sale and I get the feeling a lot of people I encountered had done the same. It seemed to be leveling off the other night, but not before I got a bunch of clips.

Friendship ended with AR, now CRIT is my best friend. :colbert:

Decided to start up a new run in DS3 with the same type of character, but man I'm gonna miss that ninja ring. DS1's best feature, now abandoned, except for SoC who taunts me with it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Finally got my sun-dried tomato son ready to go! Now to buy all the dark miracles from Irina before she disappears :unsmigghh:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm going to give another go at this. I've always gravitated towards wielding the biggest metal slab I could find, so I want some variety. Any suggestions for a decent weapon, that comes early and has a weird moveset? Last attempt petered out, but I was enjoying using the Crow Quills, for example.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
for variety's sake it's good to use more than one weapon on the same character. easiest to do with weapons that use different upgrade materials so they don't cannibalize each other's materials.

so for instance if you're going dex you could use a unique fast weapon like Bloodlust, and also a different(ideally twinkling/scale) weapon that also scales with dex like hollowslayer.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Can't go wrong with the sellsword twinblades. The twohanded L1's kind of... trivialize most stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Isn't there some Drang double polearm? Use that.