Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

xtal posted:

Did anyone try and hire you to kill someone? If not, what about poo poo in their mouth?

I've listened in on some extremely unsettling conversations surrounding the infrastructure enabling the former that I actively decided to dip out of, and I'd consider consulting to be the latter

tango alpha delta posted:

bro! i remember this like it was yesterday! i always wondered why you didn't show up, bro! i was so worried after the plane crash! so happy you are ok!

i'll have to get back in touch and ask how they believe flights are handled

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Knot My President! posted:

Don't know why you keep saying crypto is gambling but I agree

I have zero incentive to post fake stories here because the blockchain space is wild enough that you don't need to make poo poo up

I was once invited all-expenses-paid to fly to La Jolla to watch as someone used some kind of expensive telescope to observe the (lack of) curvature of the earth. All funded by OG bitcoin. I declined this one though

I would like a money please.

You are rich, yes?

Serious inquiry, I heard coins go up.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

PathAsc posted:

I would like a money please.

You are rich, yes?

Serious inquiry, I heard coins go up.

I don't own any crypto outside of the like $20 wallet balance I posted a few pages back, crypto is dumb. But I'll let you know if this company ICOs; the founder said that if/when it happens they'll make it worth my while to rock a mullet, handlebar, and hawaiian shirt for a year straight. Obviously I'll post pictures and I'll donate a good chunk of it to a charity of choice

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This thread takes the moral high ground all the time and then spends over 100 dollars on abusive avatars instead of donating anything. Makes u think

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You can donate to me, that's my counter offer

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Who do I make it out to, the boot licker support group?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

xtal posted:

This thread takes the moral high ground all the time and then spends over 100 dollars on abusive avatars instead of donating anything. Makes u think

Buying avatars is a kind of donation to SA. And we need this website to survive so that we can continue to make fun of bitcoin here as it slowly eats the planet and reduces us all to paper clips.

Maybe I should have pissed someone off online to get an avatar on this site for free. I had to wander into an Avatar thread and get assigned a blue person to escape my newbie life.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

I don't own any crypto outside of the like $20 wallet balance I posted a few pages back, crypto is dumb. But I'll let you know if this company ICOs; the founder said that if/when it happens they'll make it worth my while to rock a mullet, handlebar, and hawaiian shirt for a year straight. Obviously I'll post pictures and I'll donate a good chunk of it to a charity of choice

you are morally bankrupt anyway, you have blood on your hands from using a blood computer, a computer made with foxconn parts, foxconn and their now suicide proofed slave towers.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

xtal posted:

Imagine buying a red title back when Lowtax owned the forums though. I regretted it enough that I donated $50 to RAINN

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xtal posted:

Who do I make it out to, the boot licker support group?

I think you're confused, fascists are bad and need to be culled.

Do we still have cop lovers on this site?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Uh, yes, welcome to the cop lover thread. That's what they do here.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I connect the red thread from "coiners" to "cops" on my wall. I see the patterns.

Content: a good friend of mine told me yesterday they were looking at doing coin poo poo and asked if I was. I attempted to tell them just how bad of an idea it is and why, as well as why I never will. I don't think I changed their mind, but I think that has more to do with them having their mind set on it anyway.

I really hope they don't do the poo poo.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm gonna create xtalcoin, you earn 1 xtalcoin by buying annoying "coiners" a big red text avatar. 1 xtalcoin can be exchanged for a $10 donation to a food bank. It will all be tracked with a private blockchain in excel

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

tango alpha delta posted:

and then they made love tenderly on top of the empire state building, in the pouring rain. the passion between coiners was so beautiful, i cried.
Bigly Tremendous Sir Story energy from this guy.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
E: rate limit exceeded

xtal fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 6, 2021

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

CaptainSarcastic posted:

"Poop is bad!" I cry, while grabbing fistfuls from the litter box and stuffing them in my pockets cheeks.

Chipmunked that for you

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1389905029818159104?s=20
Many people don't want to use exchanges because of the technical complexity, risk, and obscurity. The ability to buy through a bank will trigger more adoption.

quote:

For the first time, customers of some U.S. banks will soon be able to buy, hold and sell bitcoin through their existing accounts, according to crypto custody firm NYDIG.

The company, a subsidiary of $10 billion New York-based asset manager Stone Ridge, has partnered with fintech giant Fidelity National Information Services to enable U.S. banks to offer bitcoin in coming months, according to the two firms.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

staberind posted:

you are morally bankrupt anyway, you have blood on your hands from using a blood computer

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Knots computer looks like this.
It must suck to have to run around trying to catch your pc and transform it back from being a bat.

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 6, 2021

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Many people don't want to use exchanges because of the technical complexity, risk, and obscurity. The ability to buy through a bank will trigger more adoption.

This is the pump

Wait for the dump

Imagine buying a red title back when Lowtax owned the forums though. I regretted it enough that I donated $50 to RAINN

No-one believes a word you're saying at this point

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Somfin posted:

No-one believes a word you're saying at this point

I dunno man lying about donating to charity is pretty lovely even by my standards

I also helped organize a GFM that raised a few hundred dollars but Lowtax got his lawyers to take it down

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

I dunno man lying about donating to charity is pretty lovely even by my standards

I also helped organize a GFM that raised a few hundred dollars but Lowtax got his lawyers to take it down

i saved president david palmer from assassination, but no one believes me either, bro.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Many people don't want to use exchanges because crypto is an idiotic scam. And that article you posted is full of the same self-promoting blather we've seen about credit card companies and big banks going to start using crypto, like really soon, it's just around the corner, totally about to happen, please subscribe to my newsletter buy stock in my company. Although the bit about the next step being an FDIC-insured account that pays interest in Bitcoin was pretty funny.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Eeyo posted:

You just need the SSDs to get things seeded, you’re supposed to offload them to big storage drives after that. Like their reference “farming” rig is literally a raspberry pi with 2x 16 port usb hubs and 32 platter drives. https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/Reference-Farming-Hardware

So yeah if it goes anywhere it’s going to make both types more expensive.

Just have 32+ HDD sitting there and having to explain that they are doing literally nothing but still running.
And maybe you can have 5%..4%...3%...2%..1%... chance of getting a chia that no-one can use and which will be worthless in a few months.

There will be a whole bunch of 2nd hand lightly used drives available soon though.

Use this if anyone out there wants to try mining it remembering the network size is growing exponentially and the price per coin is falling.
https://chiacalculator.com/

The correct use of cryptocurrencies, buy the thing with a funny name as a joke = profit.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 6, 2021

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Still lollin that 10 years later goons are still fervently claiming that bitcoin is doomed and will fail any day now, after it went from less than a dollar to 60,000.

Some of y'all are going to reach ecstasy nirvana when it finally craters, a new state of bliss hitherto thought impossible for a mere human to reach. But the blockchain made it possible.

crypto is garbage but still lmao

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

He seems pro-bitcoin which I am definitely not

Do you think Ashton Kutcher created Thorn as damage control for his evangelizing of crypto for like a decade

edit: instead of mining crypto I used my GPU to make some bathroom art to hang out with the rest of my shitposts

https://imgur.com/a/OjBoE9O

tag urself i'm MYSTERY MACHINE

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ccs posted:

Buying avatars is a kind of donation to SA. And we need this website to survive so that we can continue to make fun of bitcoin here as it slowly eats the planet and reduces us all to paper clips.

Maybe I should have pissed someone off online to get an avatar on this site for free. I had to wander into an Avatar thread and get assigned a blue person to escape my newbie life.

The virgin SA buyer vs. The chad food bank donator

xtal fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 6, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Reminder that this thread has spent 100 dollars harassing people and talked about murdering me like dozens of times. The moral high ground is totally lost.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
they should make chia plots illegal. no-one would be able to deny it, if the drive is seized and it has chia plots on it, youre getting 5 years in the big house

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

xtal posted:

Reminder that this thread has spent 100 dollars harassing people and talked about murdering me like dozens of times. The moral high ground is totally lost.

A hundred dollars which are going toward keeping the site you post on up and running.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
But we can run SA on the buttchain

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Bitcoin is still only worth anything when its sold for a national currency. If the dollar or any other currency collapsed tomorrow then Bitcoin would be useless. Like most things its totally reliant on real world money to be worth anything.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The problem is that crypto is worthless, which means that there is no upper or lower ceiling on the value people can place on it. The speculative value of real things like goods and resources can be under or over valued, but if people need to actually use that resource then there's only so high its speculative value can go before it completely fucks with the market supporting that valuation. The only thing holding crypto back is how many rubes you can wallet inspect at any given time.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

xtal posted:

“whoever is buying new avs” does not equal “this thread”, and buying new avs is not “harassment” you enormous loving dork. Stop whining about some ambiguous “moral high ground”, other people being mean to you does not justify you being a bad poster.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

xtal posted:

reminder that youre posts are bad

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The Thread has become an entity and went rogue.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Hammerite posted:

they should make chia plots illegal. no-one would be able to deny it, if the drive is seized and it has chia plots on it, youre getting 5 years in the big house

They should kick down the doors, and everyone with more than one graphics card per PC per resident in the house should be hauled away.

AS garbage.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

EimiYoshikawa posted:

They should kick down the doors, and everyone with more than one graphics card per PC per resident in the house should be hauled away.

AS garbage.

Am I allowed to count my cat as a resident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

xtal posted:

:rolleyes: