Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Please tell me you unlock bullet time except for snapping photos because otherwise that sounds like a whole thing

After you roll credits you get burst mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Baldur's Taint: Fart Dalliance

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

Hello chat thread, it's been a while. I hope you're all doing well.

I'm still trundling through Dragon Quest XI and it's been wonderful, I think I'm coming towards the end of it now.

That said I got to the reveal that [massive spoilers for your return to Arboria in the second half of the game] Veronica died to save you all and as the cutscenes were going I kept waiting for the game to be like "haha, psych, just kidding" and uh, they weren't. The cutscene with Serena finally letting herself fall apart and grieve in the evening post-funeral after inheriting Veronica's magic was heartbreaking and hit real close to home.

Yeah, that part is surprisingly effective. DQXI is a really great game.

As for whether you're coming up on the end (mild spoilers about postgame content): Dragon Quest XI's postgame has more story, quite a bit of it, to the point that a lot of people consider it functionally a full third act of the main story. SO if you're not feeling done with it after the credits roll the first time, there's more story for you to see.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Dragon Quest 11 is literally 800 hours long

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I was lied to!! I was told you can't get brown sauce in America but you totally can. It's just called A1. Also Heinz 57, which is basically Kandee but more vinegary

Yes I'm eating at a waffle house shut up

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
A1 is a great sauce that is sold as "steak sauce" but shouldn't go on steaks at all

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Simone Magus posted:

I was lied to!! I was told you can't get brown sauce in America but you totally can. It's just called A1. Also Heinz 57, which is basically Kandee but more vinegary

you can also get HP and the real british stuff at pretty much any sizeable grocery store

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao Resident Evil 8 beginning has 80 pages of letters and lore dialog dumps to read through. I am so excited about this crazy game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

lmao Resident Evil 8 beginning has 80 pages of letters and lore dialog dumps to read through. I am so excited about this crazy game.

:sickos:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Please tell me you unlock bullet time except for snapping photos because otherwise that sounds like a whole thing

Most events aren't as hard to get good shots of as that Pidgeot/Magikarp one. Burst mode helps a lot but I still had to do it a number of times to get a series of shots I was happy with since its so cool looking.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

like i got the perfect shot of pigeot grabbing the magikarp but it didn't loving count!! i've had that request for a while too

but i did figure out you can use the Dpad buttons to turn the camera around faster and man i wish i had known that sooner

Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you fulfill the request before getting it, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Mildly related, I feel like the professor is super picky about pose too. I've had a few pictures where the Pokemon is in like, the perfect pose, and Mirror just goes "What's this garbage? 200 points!"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

A1 sauce.

Wtf

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Microsoft confirms it's never turned a profit on sale of Xbox consoles

quote:

Xbox vice president Lori Wright was called in as a third-party witness for the trial, where she was asked questions about the console market. In response to a question from Epic lawyer Wes Earnhardt asking "how much margin" Microsoft earns on the sale of Xbox consoles, Wright said: "We don't. We sell the consoles at a loss". Asked if Microsoft has ever earned a profit on the sale of an Xbox console, Wright replied: "no"

lol. lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

consoles have always been loss leaders though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Yeah that's not unusual, they always hope they make the money back in games sales

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

consoles have always been loss leaders though

Sony, and Nintendo though at least eventually make a profit.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if Sony ever made a profit on a console sales alone? Nintendo has for sure with the Wii and GameCube but the Switch and Wii U were always at a loss.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Oh so that's what "brown sauce" tastes like.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Now what does British “white sauce” taste like?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh is that considered "brown sauce"? I always think of that one Thai food sauce when someone mentions brown sauce.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Brown sauce aka HP sauce is a tangy spicy and rich flavour. It goes very well with bacon or sausage

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

Now what does British “white sauce” taste like?

White sauce is basically butter, flour and milk.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

holy poo poo this never occurred to me! A1 doesn't have tamarind in it, but otherwise it's quite close.

we don't have non-streaky bacon though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was told by a tiktok that they don't use the terms red sauce/brown sauce outside of Northern Ireland/Scotland is this true

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

do they know that multiple sauces are red, as well as brown

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm pretty sure the 360 started to turn a profit at the end of its life. But yeah, consoles rarely if ever turn a profit on hardware. I think only Nintendo focuses on trying to make that happen.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't count if you fulfill the request before getting it, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Mildly related, I feel like the professor is super picky about pose too. I've had a few pictures where the Pokemon is in like, the perfect pose, and Mirror just goes "What's this garbage? 200 points!"

i always have to tell myself the professor is a researcher with no real sense of photographic aesthetics (and also a computer following a rigid formula but that's less fun)

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just noticed for the first time that there's a horizontal line bisecting the title. Clever!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Wait did Division 2 actually have an expansion called literally 'New Content'? Because that's hilarious.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hmmm. I was really enjoying Yooka Laylee and the impossible lair, but the titular dungeon lacking any checkpoints whatsoever makes it quite tedious to play through, even with all the bees unlocked to give you extra tries. It's a very strange decision to make a game that has tons of optional ways to make your gameplay easier but to gate the ending behind a dungeon that is checkpointless, incredibly long, and fairly difficult, and also removes your ability to use any of the tools you've earned to make stages easier. The idea of an unfairly hard dungeon that you can try to clear at any time in the game but gets easier as you progress through the story is a very good one, but the execution is not quite there.

Zelda Breath of the Wild did a similar concept with Ganon much better. If you get every single power up and clear every dungeon, Ganon is not particularly difficult to defeat, but also you've spent the entire game mastering your abilities, and he follows the same rules as everything else in the game. Here it's more like if you were dropped into the Ganon fight and all your hard earned equipment disintegrated and he had an incredibly large health bar and 7 phases, but also you get 20 fairy bottles. That is not what I signed up for.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

StoryTime posted:

Wait did Division 2 actually have an expansion called literally 'New Content'? Because that's hilarious.

No, no, that's in the future! We are still before the Free To Play Division game, Heartlands, coming 21/22

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I hope I get to see what a real government shutdown looks like.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arzaac posted:

Sometimes you really do get the best shot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

StoryTime posted:

Nah, that just means they're sure they want to do an expansion at that point but haven't started actually planning it in detail. All the live service games work like that internally, they're like sharks that can't stop swimming

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

thi4f is like, fine. It's not a great stealth game and it's a bad thief game, but it's alright. If it came out in 2011 it would have been received much better I think, but it basically feels and plays like a prototype for dishonored, even though dishonored came out two years before it.

good god i thought thief 4 came out in like 2009 or something. lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

A1 is a great sauce that is sold as "steak sauce" but shouldn't go on steaks at all

What do you use it for?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've taken pictures of all the pokemon and am starting to clear the photodex and at this point I'm willing to look things up for pokemon that I just have no ideas for at all

Some of the 4*s are really obscure or stupid but most of them are things where I can totally see how someone might have figured it out, even if I didn't

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rinkles posted:

What do you use it for?

As a kid steak ums with a1 was not an uncommon dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

a1 on a burg is pretty nice