Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/hyperbolide/status/1389961355352940552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank Tyler for Tyler

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I hope Tyler frames this and puts it on his desk next to the picture of himself

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

an excellent metacommentary on Yahoo by Yahoo

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

my favorite podcast, featuring brothers tyler, patrick, and andy mcelroy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
MBMBA Tyler the Creator

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Isn't Justin's middle name Tyler? Maybe someone just got very confused remembering "Justin Tyler McElroy".

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Peep the name of the article’s author for a laugh :v:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Tyler McElory :perfect:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Peep the name of the article’s author for a laugh :v:

lmao, there can only be one!!!

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Fine I admit it the TAZ bonus was worth subscribing

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
shameful admission but i've been rewatching clayton's Cool Game inc. vids and they are still so so good. why did nick have to be a sexpest and gently caress everything up? smh

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Which one of the pin badges is the mbmbam one? I don't recognize any of them as bits from the show?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I inferred that it was Boat Beauties because that sounds very much like a phrase the McElroys would come up with to refer to shrimp. I googled that+mbmbam and it's from episode 530. Zero memory of that, not sure why they went with that for the pin.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tears In A Vial posted:

Which one of the pin badges is the mbmbam one? I don't recognize any of them as bits from the show?

Yeah I wasn't sure in the group pic.

I vaguely remember this, at best, but I forget when or why it was a joke.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was the October 5th episide. A personal fav of mine too. Tyler shared how he was eager to be surrounded by boat beauties on a stolen yatch.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

reckon it's a pin because they personally thought the bit was extremely funny

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I imagine there's some lead time required to get all the pins commissioned and designed, so they have to take a swing at what they think is going to be a memorable stand-out bit in several months' time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
They've also been doing monthly pins, so there's probably only so many bits they can draw from that aren't already pins by the time they have to submit the MaxFun one. This might be the first year since they started pins that I probably won't buy one.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
For anyone still curious if Clint would be good on MBMBAM, here is Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alAbyXGLLEA

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Ah thanks for the clarity on the mbmbam bit. I remember it now you've given it some context, but without it I had no clue.

Another question: I just resubscribed to TAZ in anticipation of the new season. How come the episode numbering for graduation leapt from S3E29 to S3E169?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We don't talk about the 140 lost episodes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The prologue is up already for anyone curious

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sigh, alright, let’s see.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

it's a little dry (especially with the 6.5 minute exposition dump at the start, jesus christ griffin) but much better than i expected it to be. i'll be interested in how the next few rounds of "a quiet year" go and how the elements inform the eventual campaign

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Ah, my favorite use of the audio medium: drawing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

QuoProQuid posted:

it's a little dry (especially with the 6.5 minute exposition dump at the start, jesus christ griffin) but much better than i expected it to be. i'll be interested in how the next few rounds of "a quiet year" go and how the elements inform the eventual campaign

Yeah that was not a great first step, lol. I don’t care about your world yet, don’t loredump until I do.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
It's unfortunate that Griffin's favorite DM and role model is Austin Walker, who is the dryest and least worried about pace of all the actual play DMs I've heard.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I am ten minutes in and I didn't retain anything from the info dump apart from 'too much magic make sea too big' and 'we live underwater now'

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Linked in case you're worried about spoilers, but this is the map they drew

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tears In A Vial posted:

I am ten minutes in and I didn't retain anything from the info dump apart from 'too much magic make sea too big' and 'we live underwater now'

There's a magic country, an industrial country, Las Vegas and I missed the fourth one.

I'm pretty ok with the setup so far, the exposition dump was basically "hey there's Gods, one of them did a promethus and gave some people magic, other people branched out into other specific things to stay toe-to-toe with the sorcerer people, and now all the different people are forced to live in Sealab 2021 because of magic."

I'm only 10 minutes in but it's an easily understandable background to build on

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

thecluckmeme posted:

There's a magic country, an industrial country, Las Vegas and I missed the fourth one.

this is helpful. cheers.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I’m kinda confused on what they’re doing with the game. Griffin said they’ll be building a settlement and on land, but then said the campaign will be after all this and underwater and they won’t have access to the land. So what’s the point of this settlement if they’re going to be underwater?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

VaultAggie posted:

I’m kinda confused on what they’re doing with the game. Griffin said they’ll be building a settlement and on land, but then said the campaign will be after all this and underwater and they won’t have access to the land. So what’s the point of this settlement if they’re going to be underwater?

yeah i just got to the part where Justin said: "This isn't where we're playing the game, right?"

I think they're building the prologue? So we're learning about how the society itself eventually ends up under the sea?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the intro is basically “this is a climate change allegory. humanity’s done hosed itself from overusing magical fossil fuels,” which isn’t a bad starting point to learn how we got under the sea, tbqh

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I do love how Justin is already killing it.

Travis: "For my addition to the water and magic themed story, I will add a lake that is magic. But DIFFERENT than the magic ocean."

Justin: "There is an obsidian spiral staircase to the very depths of the ocean. It was not built, but merely appeared overnight. Nobody knows where it leads."

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
I love Clint's sinkhole garbage dump and hope we end up with some interesting consequences of just pushing trash into a hole for a few centuries.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah I’m not very far in but Clint and Justin have added some interesting poo poo. That staircase is House of Leaves as gently caress and I am here for it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I will give Travis credit that having a distinct portion of the ocean where waves do not behave how they should, directly next to the spiral staircase to the Mariana trench, is a good touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

not gonna lie i'm 20m in and already more excited about this than i've been about this show in a long time