Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

Teachers Lounge did tons of stuff with Chapo and no one got mad

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it took me a sec

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Don't forget OJ, too.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the catfish stuff in TFO today is so good

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

anyway I don’t think going on Chapo is a particularly controversial move except for, like, k-hive people or the 40 people who think they’re secretly fash or whatever.

turns out I was wrong about this, I posted "Hayes should go on chapo" in a HH facebook group and received many angry replies, my favorite being "Hayes is only friendly with them on twitter because he recognizes that it's a waste of time to engage with those shitbags." i retract my statement.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Attitudes (formerly known as Throwing Shade) is leaving Earwolf. According to a recent interview with the Offbook hosts, it sounds like Earwolf (or rather the company at the top of it all) just isn't paying its podcasts like they used to unless you're a big name like Conan. So I'm just gonna assume that's the reason they left.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Is Team Coco part of Earwolf? I still don't really understand exactly what the connection is there.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
From the sound of things after the SiriusXM sale ad sales were prioritized for the podcasts with big name celebrity hosts and the plucky alt-comedy darlings that powered the growth of the network over the last decade were left out in the cold. With no ads, everybody's take-home started vanishing.

What's really damning is that Zach and Jess said since going independent they're already back to making as much as they were making with Earwolf, AND they can afford to pay guests.

Chairman Capone posted:

Is Team Coco part of Earwolf? I still don't really understand exactly what the connection is there.

No, Team Coco is Conan's production company. They just partnered with Earwolf for production and distribution (And, most importantly, access to Stitcher's Midroll Media advertising network that made Earwolf worth so much in the first place.)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I listened to that Zach and Jess interview and it's a good listen. One of the things I thought was interesting was Jess talking about very specifically going for that podcast audience after seeing Lapkus's success with it. I do wonder if that path is rapidly closing with podcasts being taken over by already successful people who interview and interact with other already successful people.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Where is the interview with Jess and Zach?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Analytic Engine posted:

Where is the interview with Jess and Zach?

It's the latest fan funded with laser episode.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's the latest fan funded with laser episode.

Thanks, took a second to parse that as a title

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/flagrantonespod/status/1387114810865709057

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The deep dive with June and St Clair is exactly what i'd hoped it would be. Both of them trying to outcrazy each other.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

And then Casey Wilson enters the ring.

They're very funny people and I have a lot of podcast time at work, but I doubt I'll ever finish an episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I listened to it and did not know that casey wilson is completely out of her mind

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm only a small amount into the Casey bit, but I kinda feel bad for them that they've made something with such enthusiasm and the reaction to it has been soo bad. I'm worried about what I'm going to hear Casey say, but I hear part of it is that because of white supremacy, psychics aren't taken seriously... oh boy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What podcast are you all talking about? The new Womp It Up relaunch?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

What podcast are you all talking about? The new Womp It Up relaunch?

https://www.earwolf.com/show/the-deep-dive-with-jessica-st-clair-and-june-diane-raphael/

Listening to it, basically, the Earwolf women have formed a kind of self-reinforcing mysticism group.

Not as bad as NXVISM but it's the same basic pathologies and behaviours.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 1, 2021

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Are you talking about the Jane club?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

fez_machine posted:

https://www.earwolf.com/show/the-deep-dive-with-jessica-st-clair-and-june-diane-raphael/

Listening to it, basically, the Earwolf women have formed a kind of self-reinforcing mysticism group.

Not as bad as NXVISM but it's the same basic pathologies and behaviours.

this is amazing. lmfao the dead landscaper’s spirit who is part of “team light”/a positive energy being who lives on in casey’s plants

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Some fairly huge poo poo I learned with the help of hollywood podcasters and their gurus

ENERGY CANNOT BE DESTROYED: this is the core to LA spirituality, and as close as we can get to absolute proof that heaven/angels/ghosts exist. one of the great advancements.

FORCES CAN ATTRACT AND REPEL: this one blows a lot of minds. herein we find the answer to what love is, why people are upset with you, how to advance in your career.... it’s got it all.

DARKNESS IS THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT: the final skeleton key in unlocking the great mysteries of life using your fifth grade science class knowledge, and perhaps the most important, while also the most difficult?! reveal the secrets of the yin yang symbol, why people do bad things, why you feel sad that day. with this you become a fully actualized being, a rare and monumental achievement.

Namaste.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Some fairly huge poo poo I learned with the help of hollywood podcasters and their gurus

FORCES CAN ATTRACT AND REPEL: this one blows a lot of minds. herein we find the answer to what love is, why people are upset with you, how to advance in your career.... it’s got it all.

Namaste.
Fuckin' magnets how do they work?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Love June on HDTGM, but wowie this podcast is something else. There's a lot of skirting around borderline cultists and cults. The Casey Williams bit is right at the end and... oof.

She effectively says she feels like the spirit of her deceased landscaper is cheerleading her on from the grave. ...being generous maybe she's implying the work the landscaper did lives on and gives her joy... but it really comes across like she feels the landscaper is a ghost who's spending their afterlife supporting them specifically.

Is the image a reference to a movie, famous babies, or something

Oh it's a parody of a famous photographer who shot babies. Alrighty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Geddes

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 1, 2021

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
For us non-Flagrant Ones subscribers, Sean shared a great story on the Doughboys 25 Hour Doughathon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id12HRpNQpg

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Boys were on Blank Check to talk about Don Jon, and it's a great time. I love Sean's stories about accidentally sounding mean/sarcastic in casual conversations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The more I hear stories from Sean about his personality the more I can relate. I have one of those voices that sounds super sarcastic naturally. Combine it with rbf and it's a real first impression experience.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Comedy Bang Bang turned 13, the lil' podcast that could is now officially a teen podcast. :,)

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Hmm! Too old!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Thoughts?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Solid C+ episode

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MensHealthMag/status/1389575387995332617

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sure, but what kind of a life is that

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Lol, imagine him saying that. I bet he was being sarcastic.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

face it: sean is nice

cams
Mar 28, 2003

andy > kevin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's true

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
low bar.