Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
So how prevalent are bot crews on a new TLP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Pretty drat common but generally you won't run into them unless you are looking. Most of them warp hack pretty relentlessly so it's not like you see them move their 50 chars around. I'd guess most of the mass hack/automation users just target raw plat or raid drops. I've run into MQ2 armies doing this on most TLPs I've been on.

It's pretty easy to ignore due to instancing and picks, and the huge scale bots generally don't fight for camps. They rely on people not confronting them for the camp, they'll just log out. That was on Aradune though where it had one weird rule that occasionally got them hit by a GM

Honestly the most psychotic and aggressive people are probably trueboxing. Every single one is using Show EQ so just accept you need that if you want to compete for any high value stuff.

e: In Planes of Power news my guild cleared Rathe Council and Time tonight for the first time. More than half the fights were won on the absolute margins, like I thought we were complete wiping about five times during the night. Doing it without more gear is such an incredible shock following all the prior expansion raid content. Fun but dear god I want better geared tanks fast

Solarin fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 3, 2021

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

Some people are speculating a 5 or so level range for rare mobs to share loot. Who knows how it will behave, though. Zone, globally, level, single/group/raid, etc, etc.

Here is a good spreadsheet of named mobs and their drops, plus some other info like epic and key pieces that are tradeable on FV:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o9tyiIjWnXYII1sNs1szDo3hAwJyghnP8Ybbrt19Cb0/edit#gid=0

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Solarin posted:

e: In Planes of Power news my guild cleared Rathe Council and Time tonight for the first time. More than half the fights were won on the absolute margins, like I thought we were complete wiping about five times during the night. Doing it without more gear is such an incredible shock following all the prior expansion raid content. Fun but dear god I want better geared tanks fast

Well done! Yeah the tank issue was pressing. After hearing about another guild struggling with Tallon Zek, and just having guildies experience difficulty w/ that mob on TLPs before, we knew if we didnt funnel some gear (p much just ele plate molds from our DZ's and some OW targets we were able to find up and just for like a day and a half) to our tank line we wouldn't get through, and it worked. If we hadnt it is hard to believe our tanks would have stood up w/ only 8-9khp.

The Bertox pet focus dropped on our first run, I was only #2 in line so a beastlord got it (happy for em and all that). I'm gonna get that next one tho. I missed every pair of VT pet gloves we got and that was my chase item I never got 20 years ago. So I want this ancient summoning piece.

It was so much fun to play the content on hard mode, I think back in the day my guild was only getting to ele planes not on the cutting edge in era and with plenty of time to get there. After the first few tiny flagging things it was all mains on the raid and a four day push through the content was a challenge and getting to the end w/ the same group I've been working on this with for the past several months (through ups and downs, burnouts and walkouts, turnover and wipeouts) was one of the most satisfying game experiences I've had.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Did they ever change beastlord pets so they wouldn't do ridiculous aggro/pushback so you could actually use them on raid bosses?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
On Mangler they've been unnoticable since at least Omens of War or so, not sure about earlier than that.

Enchanter nukes, on the other hand, will move a mob across the room, even with 15+ melee hitting it in the other direction :v:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I'm gonna solo a necro on Bristlebane opening weekend, let me know if you're interested in purchasing a level 50 necro for your box army.

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now
Returning to EQ questions. For context, me and a very small group of friends (SHM, NEC, MNK, BRD + Clr/War mercs) last played in RoF, but have returned to check out some of the newer content. We’ve been leveling up on Brother Island, collecting random crap from the Bazaar and Briny Essences from local nameds. We’re all about 102-104 and on Test. Our goal is to play very casually and just have fun in new content. If this is all collected in a guide somewhere, would definitely appreciate that - googling for these questions yields terrible results.

- Is there an optimal use of our time for leveling / gaining AA, outside of grinding in recommended areas? (Daily quests, or other merc-friendly activities)
- Is any of the 1group content from RoF->Current particularly fun and worth checking out, or is any of it particularly terrible, or is it all about the same quality as HoT/RoF?
- Are there new abilities / perks / etc that are must haves outside of AA (for example, I see that you can give mercs gear now - does that actually make a difference at all?)

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

So I think I am gonna try out the new TLP.

Haven't played actual EQ in years. I played p99 for awhile though.

Do mages/necros have the pet stealing xp thing still? It was annoying on p99 but you get used to it.

I was thinking I'd roll a mage.

Do we have enough people wanting to play to get a goon guild going?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
In groups pets don't take any exp.

When soloing if you do at least 1 damage then the pet doesn't eat any exp. If the pet does 100% of the damage it eats 50% of the exp.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

bacon! posted:

Returning to EQ questions. For context, me and a very small group of friends (SHM, NEC, MNK, BRD + Clr/War mercs) last played in RoF, but have returned to check out some of the newer content. We’ve been leveling up on Brother Island, collecting random crap from the Bazaar and Briny Essences from local nameds. We’re all about 102-104 and on Test. Our goal is to play very casually and just have fun in new content. If this is all collected in a guide somewhere, would definitely appreciate that - googling for these questions yields terrible results.

- Is there an optimal use of our time for leveling / gaining AA, outside of grinding in recommended areas? (Daily quests, or other merc-friendly activities)
- Is any of the 1group content from RoF->Current particularly fun and worth checking out, or is any of it particularly terrible, or is it all about the same quality as HoT/RoF?
- Are there new abilities / perks / etc that are must haves outside of AA (for example, I see that you can give mercs gear now - does that actually make a difference at all?)

The missions for Call of the Forsaken and The Broken Mirror expansions net pretty good experience and allow mercs. For TBM you can gear up very easily through those via drops and purchasble gear (with the expansion currency Remnants of Tranquility). The COTF expansion will allow you to purchase the merc gear which is definitely helpful.

My advice having done similar as you is to take it slow because exp flies. Just try to work through a progression quest and try out the missions.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I played EQ heavily from release until Luclin, checked in briefly during PoP and again very briefly during the expansion that added frogloks. I spent almost all of that time on Tallon Zek and I doubt I would have been as addicted to it if I had been on a non-pvp server. My brother, who played during most of that same period also on TZ has fallen back into the rabbit hole after my 8 year old son unearthed some of my old maps in the basement and showed them to him. Fast forward a couple months and my brother suckered me into joining him.

We’re both playing our old mains on Zek - enchanter (now 72) for him and wizard (60) for me. I’m trying to convince him to start up on Mischief with me later this month but I think he’s too married to his character and to pvp. Assuming we stay on Zek: (1) any goon presence on Zek? And (2) I never boxed or used third party software in the past (despite my old guild leader being rather infamous for doing so), but am thinking about boxing and am wondering what would be a good third class to add to our current ENC/WIZ combo - any ideas?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

schwein11 posted:

We’re both playing our old mains on Zek - enchanter (now 72) for him and wizard (60) for me. I’m trying to convince him to start up on Mischief with me later this month but I think he’s too married to his character and to pvp. Assuming we stay on Zek: (1) any goon presence on Zek? And (2) I never boxed or used third party software in the past (despite my old guild leader being rather infamous for doing so), but am thinking about boxing and am wondering what would be a good third class to add to our current ENC/WIZ combo - any ideas?

hahaahhahahahahah

lol

hahahah, you want to level up on zek like 20 years after you last played. ahahahahah

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

jetz0r posted:

hahaahhahahahahah

lol

hahahah, you want to level up on zek like 20 years after you last played. ahahahahah

I hear that, but I also figure this is going to be a 3-ish month fling at best before I move on after squeezing whatever nostalgia I can get out of it. I’m trying to convince my brother to do the mischief server with me when it launches which I think will be a better experience but I don’t think he’s going to do it (and I sure as poo poo am not going to play this game solo without playing with him or other friends).

Zek does seem like a loving ghost town though...

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

schwein11 posted:

I hear that, but I also figure this is going to be a 3-ish month fling at best before I move on after squeezing whatever nostalgia I can get out of it. I’m trying to convince my brother to do the mischief server with me when it launches which I think will be a better experience but I don’t think he’s going to do it (and I sure as poo poo am not going to play this game solo without playing with him or other friends).

Zek does seem like a loving ghost town though...

There is no reason to play on Zek. Absolutely none. Even if you hate fun or hate yourself.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

schwein11 posted:

I played EQ heavily from release until Luclin, checked in briefly during PoP and again very briefly during the expansion that added frogloks. I spent almost all of that time on Tallon Zek and I doubt I would have been as addicted to it if I had been on a non-pvp server. My brother, who played during most of that same period also on TZ has fallen back into the rabbit hole after my 8 year old son unearthed some of my old maps in the basement and showed them to him. Fast forward a couple months and my brother suckered me into joining him.

Zek is rear end. any actual pvp you do is gonna be against turbo nerds running mq2 and showeq. good luck with that. you can port your characters to another server if it is that big of a deal. firiona vie would be a lot funner and populated (lol). keep trying to get him to go on mischief because the initial rushes feel like EQ of days gone by imo more than anything else except like p1999/takp

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the start up of any TLP is the biggest nostalgia rush you will ever get in EQ nowadays. It is absolutely worth the hassle of overcrowded zones.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I can't imagine how bad EQ PVP is with modern gear, like I have my thought leech keybind just above my voice of thule self buff hotkey and I nearly 1shot myself trying to re-voice myself the other day (I survived with like..4% hp I think? I have nearly half a million HP)

also I accidentally dotted myself with one dot recently and similar experience - every tick was knocking like half my HP off, is EQ PVP just whoever jumps the other guy wins?

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

blatman posted:

I can't imagine how bad EQ PVP is with modern gear, like I have my thought leech keybind just above my voice of thule self buff hotkey and I nearly 1shot myself trying to re-voice myself the other day (I survived with like..4% hp I think? I have nearly half a million HP)

also I accidentally dotted myself with one dot recently and similar experience - every tick was knocking like half my HP off, is EQ PVP just whoever jumps the other guy wins?

It would be just as imbalanced as it was in 1999. SK's running around one shotting people, bards running at warp speed and being mostly unkillable. If fear and blind still work on players then its gonna be even more a poo poo show.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

PyRosflam posted:

It would be just as imbalanced as it was in 1999. SK's running around one shotting people, bards running at warp speed and being mostly unkillable. If fear and blind still work on players then its gonna be even more a poo poo show.

With how empty the server seems to be, I think until near top level you’d have to actively seek it out to engage in pvp anyway. Most of the zones we’ve messed around in (including hot zones) we are the only ones there on /who.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PyRosflam posted:

It's way worse than that. PVP back then had some small amount of care and thought put into it, and damage abilities weren't doing 10x player HP. Even without teleport hacking you have rangers who can 1 round you from outside spell range, rogues with invis2 who can blink and one shot you, and tons of other abilities that never had any consideration for their PVP implications. What's the point of blind when the response to an ambush is to use an instant teleport, then crash the game while zoning? Modern EQ, its metagame, and the resulting PVP metagame look nothing like 1999 EQ, except the lovely models.

Then throw in MQ2 to act as a crystal ball and automation tool and all you've got left is a dumpster fire of a server with no benefits and tons of PVE and PVP drawbacks.

schwein11 posted:

With how empty the server seems to be, I think until near top level you’d have to actively seek it out to engage in pvp anyway. Most of the zones we’ve messed around in (including hot zones) we are the only ones there on /who.

No one hangs out in the open world because it's deadly, everything happens in instances.

Zek has some good players, but as a server, it's been ignored and shat on by devs for a decade.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Sounds like I convinced my brother to start up on Mischief when it opens with me. Getting excited about this - we just have to figure out what classes to start out with.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Yiggy posted:

The Bertox pet focus dropped on our first run, I was only #2 in line so a beastlord got it (happy for em and all that). I'm gonna get that next one tho. I missed every pair of VT pet gloves we got and that was my chase item I never got 20 years ago. So I want this ancient summoning piece.

Week two and it dropped again. :getin: Got the box all flagged. Wrapped up my big gear goal. Lots of time to just relax, durdle around the planes, tour some old content. Guess it’s about time to finish the trade skills for aid grimmel.

Might try a necro Druid combo on mischief. Dunno. Curious to see how it is but honestly not that interested in retreading this content again right after doing it. The wackiness of the loot tables seems more frustrating than fun. Camps can be tedious but you sort of know what you’re getting. The nature of the trading on items feels like rather than camping you’re going to do more bazaar watching/tunnel sitting which gets old fast. I turned a nice platinum bazaar grinding spells in luclin but after awhile all the price checking and juking just wasnt enjoyable. I wonder if araduneauctions dude will kickstart the machine for the new tlp that does help things somewhat.

The TLP appeal for me was in playing and getting back to the point where we’re at and picking up where I left off (PoP) But leveling feels pretty easy now even from fresh so I might check out mischief just to see what it’s like.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Yiggy posted:

Week two and it dropped again. :getin: Got the box all flagged. Wrapped up my big gear goal. Lots of time to just relax, durdle around the planes, tour some old content. Guess it’s about time to finish the trade skills for aid grimmel.

Might try a necro Druid combo on mischief. Dunno. Curious to see how it is but honestly not that interested in retreading this content again right after doing it. The wackiness of the loot tables seems more frustrating than fun. Camps can be tedious but you sort of know what you’re getting. The nature of the trading on items feels like rather than camping you’re going to do more bazaar watching/tunnel sitting which gets old fast. I turned a nice platinum bazaar grinding spells in luclin but after awhile all the price checking and juking just wasnt enjoyable. I wonder if araduneauctions dude will kickstart the machine for the new tlp that does help things somewhat.

The TLP appeal for me was in playing and getting back to the point where we’re at and picking up where I left off (PoP) But leveling feels pretty easy now even from fresh so I might check out mischief just to see what it’s like.

Only advice I have based on TAKP is when you get 50+ if you want to duo you will be somewhat limited to undead because fear stops working reliably then and you don't have a source of slow other than for undead.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Yiggy posted:

Grats on the early focus.

quote:

Might try a necro Druid combo on mischief. Dunno. Curious to see how it is but honestly not that interested in retreading this content again right after doing it. The wackiness of the loot tables seems more frustrating than fun.

So story time fun times: the guy that runs MQ2 apparently lost control of his monster and some plug-in devs decided to make their own MQNext, with hookers and blow and they don’t have the “won’t compile on TLP” agreement with DPG that the old guy did.

I saw some *really* sketchy poo poo during TSS launch that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, that only makes sense if people are warping or using out of range spellcasting.

Apparently this MQ schism got large in the last few weeks and it’s going to be huge at Mischief launch. So beyond the normal shitshow that comes with camping nameds, now there’s a fully functioning MQ to contend with, so instant warping groups and out of bounds melee are going to be rampant.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I think if they're smart they will bias the loot drops toward the high quality items. I don't think people want random loot they want good loot won easily. There's just enormous amounts of boring garbage in Trilogy era content. I could see it kind of breaking the Skinner box core of the game if the randomness is too severe.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Solarin posted:

I think if they're smart they will bias the loot drops toward the high quality items. I don't think people want random loot they want good loot won easily. There's just enormous amounts of boring garbage in Trilogy era content. I could see it kind of breaking the Skinner box core of the game if the randomness is too severe.

I think their plan for this is to paper over the "most of the early expansion loot is real bad" problem with the increased rare spawn chance

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

koreban posted:

Grats on the early focus.

So story time fun times: the guy that runs MQ2 apparently lost control of his monster and some plug-in devs decided to make their own MQNext, with hookers and blow and they don’t have the “won’t compile on TLP” agreement with DPG that the old guy did.

I saw some *really* sketchy poo poo during TSS launch that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, that only makes sense if people are warping or using out of range spellcasting.

Apparently this MQ schism got large in the last few weeks and it’s going to be huge at Mischief launch. So beyond the normal shitshow that comes with camping nameds, now there’s a fully functioning MQ to contend with, so instant warping groups and
out of bounds melee are going to be rampant.

Mqnext won't work on truebox servers, however, it's fully open-source. So if someone really wanted to, and knew what they were doing, they could get around it. But that's been the case for awhile now as there are plenty of hacked mq2 distros out there already.

Also, the "agreement" hasn't been in effect since Holly left.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
The reality is people were/are making so much from selling kronos for real money that it has become a full time job for them. So, expect people to exploit every single new TLP server to make their yearly income. Even if they ban their accounts there is so much real life money to be made that they just view it as a necessary expense. The botters already have plans in place to get back to farming krono as fast as possible.

No idea what the status of the MQ2's out there are since Holly left; but from what I remember if you could compile it yourself, you could always use it on any server. After watching groups warp pulling non-stop survive through several waves of bannings, I just stopped playing on TLP's.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I'm going to be playing on Mischief with my brother and he's decided he wants to play a druid. We'd really like to spend as much time as Faydwer as possible early on (at least until we level out of Unrest, we may or may not mess with Mistmoore) due to nostalgia reasons. I'm trying to figure out what would be a good class to play that combos well with a druid such that the two of us can do decently well and ideally also fit into a group. My only other requirement is no wizard or enchanter. My initial thought is necro (snares and dots), mage (with the pet to tank), or bard (because i've never played one and they seem interesting, though don't know how much it would contribute to dps for circumstances when it's just the two of us). Any thoughts on these or other combinations?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Druid & Necro would be my recommendation. Snare/Dots/SoW/Fear/Pet etc will work great.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

schwein11 posted:

I'm going to be playing on Mischief with my brother and he's decided he wants to play a druid. We'd really like to spend as much time as Faydwer as possible early on (at least until we level out of Unrest, we may or may not mess with Mistmoore) due to nostalgia reasons. I'm trying to figure out what would be a good class to play that combos well with a druid such that the two of us can do decently well and ideally also fit into a group. My only other requirement is no wizard or enchanter. My initial thought is necro (snares and dots), mage (with the pet to tank), or bard (because i've never played one and they seem interesting, though don't know how much it would contribute to dps for circumstances when it's just the two of us). Any thoughts on these or other combinations?

Druid Bard is an interesting combo. Snare kiting / fear dot kiting / charm kiting are all good and cool.

Just make sure neither of you are half elves if you wanna go faydwer, because they can't wear small armor.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

schwein11 posted:

As someone who mained a druid for a long time, the best duo classes for me were sk, necro, and mage.

You're not likely to get to the expansions where classes get good synergy effects, but eventually druids get great caster support that also passively helps sk/necros stay alive via bigger life taps. And druids aren't excellent healers in the way clerics are, so having your tank (or pet tank) be able to self heal is great. Both for reducing your heal load, and increasing group dps. Like in easy group grinding, an SK can use taps to cover 50+% of their healing, giving the druid time to deal damage. Then if poo poo gets real, the druid can go full healing mode plus the self heals.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

jetz0r posted:

As someone who mained a druid for a long time, the best duo classes for me were sk, necro, and mage.

You're not likely to get to the expansions where classes get good synergy effects, but eventually druids get great caster support that also passively helps sk/necros stay alive via bigger life taps. And druids aren't excellent healers in the way clerics are, so having your tank (or pet tank) be able to self heal is great. Both for reducing your heal load, and increasing group dps. Like in easy group grinding, an SK can use taps to cover 50+% of their healing, giving the druid time to deal damage. Then if poo poo gets real, the druid can go full healing mode plus the self heals.

Can gnomes be shadowknights when the server opens? I know they couldn't originally in classic.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

schwein11 posted:

Can gnomes be shadowknights when the server opens? I know they couldn't originally in classic.

gently caress if I know, but Iksar don't open till Kunark, so all the SK races at launch suck.

Necros and mages also do support healing, but in a mostly more direct way of helping heal the pet tank. Or lifetaps healing a tanking necro.

Mostly just don't try to pair a war with a druid, they steal all your mana while doing lovely damage and making everyone wish the druid was a cleric. Similar problem with pure melee classes and druids, except they wish the druid was a shm.

Paladins are also fine tank partners for a druid. They're just super boring as a duo partner compared to an SK. Invis, IVU, and feign death combined with druid mobility give you a ton of utility to work with in opening camps or sneaking places. Necros can do the same things, just to a different end, too.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 11, 2021

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

schwein11 posted:

Normally no. You will have to wait several expansions for that. Same with Halfling Rangers/Paladins.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

schwein11 posted:

Any thoughts on these or other combinations?

Very much interested in this discussion because I’m considering trying two boxing when the new server launches.

My heart wants SK/Druid because I was a Halfling Druid main back in the day and I loved it. My head says “yeah but SK/Shaman is pretty much a Willy Wonka golden ticket and getting groups as a Druid back in the day sucked”.

It would be super weird to play a non-Froglok Shaman though. :3: I suppose it’d be an interesting change of pace to go the evil route with an Ogre SK/Troll Shaman.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Boxing two huge races might be annoying since it could be unusually difficult to get a pre nerf guise (unless you're fine paying krono I guess)

Druid/SK will be totally fine prior to like level 50-60 content where slow becomes a massively powerful mechanic that trivializes fights. You'll be able to level and form groups just fine

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

BGrifter posted:

It would be super weird to play a non-Froglok Shaman though. :3: I suppose it’d be an interesting change of pace to go the evil route with an Ogre SK/Troll Shaman.

Ogre shaman stun immunity will be far more useful than troll regen for a shaman in both the short run and the long run.

Solarin posted:

Boxing two huge races might be annoying since it could be unusually difficult to get a pre nerf guise (unless you're fine paying krono I guess)

Shamans get shrink, and guise gets rid of 2h bash.

I did the ogre sk/shm combo on Aradune with my gf who had never played before. V. Good combo, super aces. But also, basically all the ogre newbie quests are totally gutted because the improved newbie experience/quests removed all the drops necessary for the classic ones. Not a problem, just pointing out.

Also, another one I'm throwing out, that I think I already did upthread, Nec/enc is sick fun in classic. And probably kunark. Just make sure to buy healing and rejuvenation potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I found memming and casting shrink real tedious with size resetting every time you zone. Probably more noticeable in raiding because you are usually moving around to targets and need to shrink.

If you play to Luclin and get an Umbracite Swarm Orb then it's 100% solved. That is an ultimate item right there