Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I always liked coquelin but our retarded club drive him out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

arsenal would have wanted to score a goal there

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Good ebening

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Maybe only trying in the last 10 minutes was not a good plan?? :thunk:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

Good ebening

Good ebening

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Arse literally needed a 1-0 win to go to the final and they hosed that up?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

That was awful

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Artetout.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Arse literally needed a 1-0 win to go to the final and they hosed that up?

Yes. Hit the woodwork a couple times and another handful of near misses, was pretty painful.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Gonna be a long Post mortem of the result and the season until the next one kicks off.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

2hrs of my life I won't get back. Not sure about arterta, maybe it'll be ok sticking with him but I feel like he massively over thinks everything. Rumours Sarri is being lined up to replace him.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I always liked coquelin but our retarded club drive him out

Imagine running off Coq because you think the likes of Xhaka are better.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

I watched all of that. I should’ve done something else

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Moktaro posted:

Imagine running off Coq because you think the likes of Xhaka are better.

We've spent £100m on players for his position that are, at best, just as good as him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I bet Arsene Wenger could do a job

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

2hrs of my life I won't get back. Not sure about arterta, maybe it'll be ok sticking with him but I feel like he massively over thinks everything. Rumours Sarri is being lined up to replace him.

It seems as though he has one extremely boring system in mind and is unwilling or unable to change that system to get the best out of the players he’s got. I’ve seen enough at this point.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Good ebening

Readinf this post for 2 hours would have brought me more joy than this loving match

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

blue footed boobie posted:

It seems as though he has one extremely boring system in mind and is unwilling or unable to change that system to get the best out of the players he’s got. I’ve seen enough at this point.

Pointless sidegrades all the way down.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Watched on a bar patio for the first time in a year and the highlight of the game was the whole crowd booing when they showed Willian warming up

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

yup and his system appears to be much closer to those of his coaches he worked with prior to wenger and pep than theirs

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
and of course getting rid of emery to replace him with arteta was a completely bizarre decision

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Imagine not beating Emery at the Emirates, plenty of others have managed it

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That said lol Arsenal fans already wanting to sack the manager that won a trophy last year and has gone out narrowly to a team with a manager well experienced in this competition at the semi final stage. Also there's been how much turnover above Arteta at the club already? Where exactly do you think you should be at this stage in his second season mid pandemic with the squad he's got?

It's fun to lol at him not getting it right and calling him a lego headed fraud but in all seriousness you're being entitled babies

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bundy posted:

Imagine not beating Emery at the Emirates, plenty of others have managed it

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Bundy posted:

That said lol Arsenal fans already wanting to sack the manager that won a trophy last year and has gone out narrowly to a team with a manager well experienced in this competition at the semi final stage. Also there's been how much turnover above Arteta at the club already? Where exactly do you think you should be at this stage in his second season mid pandemic with the squad he's got?

It's fun to lol at him not getting it right and calling him a lego headed fraud but in all seriousness you're being entitled babies

We should be doing better than 9th. 10 home games without scoring this season is appalling, and as many goalless home games as the last 5 years combined before Arteta joined.

No one is under the illusion that this is a top 4 team, but we have been absolutely dire this season, and that is largely on the manager. Even our summer signings were all on him and Edu. We gave Willian a 3 year deal when every other club offered 2 years because Arteta really wanted him.

Every manager gets a few things wrong, but Arteta has got way more wrong than he has got right, and he needs to go.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

We should be doing better than 9th

Why?

The league table doesn't lie and honestly I can't see a worse squad than Arsenal's above them in the table right now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bundy posted:

Why?

The league table doesn't lie and honestly I can't see a worse squad than Arsenal's above them in the table right now.

Arsenal have a better squad than Everton, who hired a manager who was available when Arsenal hired Arteta and immediately brought Everton above Arsenal. Arsenal are also only in 9th because they have a game in hand.

The table doesn’t lie. The manager is bad.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Bundy posted:

Why?

Arsenal have a better squad than Everton, who hired a manager who was available when Arsenal hired Arteta and immediately brought Everton above Arsenal. Arsenal are also only in 9th because they have a game in hand.

The table doesn’t lie. The manager is bad.

Exactly.

The table doesn't lie, and that is the problem. Everton don't have a better squad. Neither do West Ham. Even Spurs outside of Kane + Son, are very ordinary.

Arteta has taken the group of players we have, and made them less than the sum of their parts, as well made some very questionable decisions on recruitment, and showed really poor man management. It took him forever to drop Willian from the starting line up even though every one watching could tell you that Willian was the worst player on the field by a mile. For every mistake one of our players has made, Arteta has made an equally bad error. The guy has hardly been squeezing blood from a stone this season.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Arsenal have a poo poo squad and only like 5 good players

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
five is generous

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

Readinf this post for 2 hours would have brought me more joy than this loving match

https://twitter.com/villarrealcf/status/1390424382183510018?s=21

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:discourse:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Bundy posted:

Oh sure, I totally agree that upper management has been screwing the pooch. Like I said earlier, Arsenal's problems are sounding awfully familiar to what people were saying around the end of Wenger's reign.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

The table doesn't lie, and that is the problem. Everton don't have a better squad. Neither do West Ham. Even Spurs outside of Kane + Son, are very ordinary.

Lol state of this you're fuckin delusional. Outside of Aubamayang who clearly can't be arsed since the new contract Arsenal do not have a first 11 better than Everton nevermind squad. Spurs are ordinary? Nd Arsenal are what, champions in waiting just begging for a better manager? Lmao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I've been watching Partey all season and he's been about average. Can't get a single shot on target, hardly a great passer either. There's no threat from central midfield at all.

And at the same time there are two hugely expensive strikers who don't play together.

Money's absolutely being wasted by the club.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

I've been watching Partey all season and he's been about average. Can't get a single shot on target, hardly a great passer either. There's no threat from central midfield at all.

And at the same time there are two hugely expensive strikers who don't play together.

Don't think he was bought for his goalscoring. Simeone plays a much different style to Arteta. At 27 you'd be hoping his performance is a result of adjustment and injury than this is his life now.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

TyrantWD posted:

We should be doing better than 9th. 10 home games without scoring this season is appalling, and as many goalless home games as the last 5 years combined before Arteta joined.

No one is under the illusion that this is a top 4 team, but we have been absolutely dire this season, and that is largely on the manager. Even our summer signings were all on him and Edu. We gave Willian a 3 year deal when every other club offered 2 years because Arteta really wanted him.

Every manager gets a few things wrong, but Arteta has got way more wrong than he has got right, and he needs to go.

home and away doesn't mean anything in a covid season. The reason there are so many goalless home games is that Artetas set-up generally doesn't score many goals and that home advantage isn't a thing. Anyone who keeps banging on about terrible home records this season is clueless

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Vegetable posted:

I don’t know about this, he’s made quite a few very nice passes since he’s gotten here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah Partey's shooting has been terrible but overall he's been good defensively, moving forward in possession, and picking out direct forward passes