Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I laughed :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Goa Tse-tung posted:

one of the cooler phobias imo is of open skies, like the whole universe is above you and is bearing down on you to crush you

and how easy it is to forget it since, you know, civilisation happened

I get vertigo sometimes and one way to trigger it for sure is to lie on my back and let the sky fill my field of view. After a few seconds, I get an uncontrollable, instinctual pang of fear that I'm gonna fall into the sky. I've got it under control enough that it's actually fun to do that now but when I was a kid boy was it weird.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Lol, how long has this Info Broker been at the Temple in Sekiro? I'm betting he came here right after I helped him outside of the castle and I didn't notice for several hours. I'm always amazed at things I miss in games. I didn't notice the child Lord of Cinder in the chair in Dark Souls 3 for many hours either.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ok, could be interesting. The first one had its flaws and the protagonist is certainly no Kiryu, but hopefully they can find some cool investigation and lawyering mechanics

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jolo posted:

Lol, how long has this Info Broker been at the Temple in Sekiro? I'm betting he came here right after I helped him outside of the castle and I didn't notice for several hours. I'm always amazed at things I miss in games. I didn't notice the child Lord of Cinder in the chair in Dark Souls 3 for many hours either.

Lol were you being sarcastic or did you also miss that he's not short so much as everything below his waist is gone?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's cool to see more Judgement though the hands in that poster look like those memes where they photoshop an anime character or w/e pointing a gun at you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lost Juugment

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nah

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Lost Juugment

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1390673759904968704?s=20

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

Lost Juugment

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yes! Yes! Yakuza Lives!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is what I figured they'd do, at least for the duration of Ichiban's tenure as the main Yakuza protagonist, however long that ends up being. I had a blast with Like a Dragon so I'm pretty happy to read this, personally.

I guess I could've also seen party-based action combat, but whatever happens with Ichiban, he's defined by having a party of close friends by his side basically at all times, so turn-based RPG combat makes the most sense.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Liked the mediocre turn based better than the mediocre beat em up stuff so I approve. Also means more Ichiban which is great

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/cpCqiR5.mp4

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Judgment was really cool, this looks better

I liked Yagami and I'm excited to see what they do with him

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this suppose to be a re-imagining of that RTS mini-game from the original?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
idk what it is but it's a hell of a lot closer to what Chess should look like instead of like some boring checkers rear end looking mf board lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yes. The soldier at the start of the gif says he's bored and challenges Yuffie to a game of "Fort Condor"

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Lol were you being sarcastic or did you also miss that he's not short so much as everything below his waist is gone?

Ha, I did notice his legs were totally gone but didn't notice him in the chair until I'd restored one of the other Lords. I was like "oh hey, have you been here this whole time?"

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

To further dunk on myself, I watched at least two seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race before I realized the joke in the repeated mantra that a great Drag Queen must possess Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh god I didn't know what the game's ending was

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Nice, Lost Judgment is an entirely new case. When the title broke I was worried they'd do a retelling of the arson case in Judgment, which would have been a bit boring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arzaac posted:

IIRC its pretty much all selling them as bioweapons and it must work pretty well because they got fancy laboratories

Also fwiw, Resident Evil 1-3 are all effectively the same outbreak and it does pretty effectively sink Umbrella as a corporation. The later Resident Evil games focus on smaller scale outbreaks and things that are pretty hard to tell that they're even zombies, really. Much less bad publicity, you know?

Ah, is that why they dropped some werewolf hints in the demo even though the zombie man was clearly still just a zombie man? This is some mom and pop outbreak and their attempt to "make it their own" by calling em lycans.

Saint Freak posted:

Yes. The soldier at the start of the gif says he's bored and challenges Yuffie to a game of "Fort Condor"

They didn't fix it though did they? Where you just deploy like 3 units immediately to push up your deployment area right up to the enemy spawn and then spawn camp until you win.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Arzaac posted:

IIRC its pretty much all selling them as bioweapons and it must work pretty well because they got fancy laboratories

Also fwiw, Resident Evil 1-3 are all effectively the same outbreak and it does pretty effectively sink Umbrella as a corporation. The later Resident Evil games focus on smaller scale outbreaks and things that are pretty hard to tell that they're even zombies, really. Much less bad publicity, you know?

It's insane to me that Umbrella was ended offscreen in between games. The closest we get to seeing their actual downfall, the main villains of the original series, is one mission in the aptly titled Umbrella Chronicles where for some reason Chris and Jill drop down at one of their HQs decked out like marines and start shooting.

It's like if you never got to fight M. Bison in Street Fighter 2 and then 3 started and was like "Yeah he got arrested and got the chair".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Khanstant posted:

They didn't fix it though did they? Where you just deploy like 3 units immediately to push up your deployment area right up to the enemy spawn and then spawn camp until you win.

Well it doesn't look much like the original game. I"m going to say the answer to your question is 'n/a'.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Really sad that the game didn't include a boss fight where police officers trained with firearms go up against *checks notes* a greedy CEO

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Lurdiak posted:

It's insane to me that Umbrella was ended offscreen in between games. The closest we get to seeing their actual downfall, the main villains of the original series, is one mission in the aptly titled Umbrella Chronicles where for some reason Chris and Jill drop down at one of their HQs decked out like marines and start shooting.

It's like if you never got to fight M. Bison in Street Fighter 2 and then 3 started and was like "Yeah he got arrested and got the chair".

Yeah it rules

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hatty posted:

Yeah it rules

Im on this side, I loving loved it. No big gundown at their headquarters, just global governments and shareholders going "gently caress this".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
After a uh, well frankly super crashy launch of Persona Strikers (on PC at least) and getting distracted by other games and the game getting patches to fix it I'm finally getting back into it. Apparently I was only like a half dungeon and an hour of cutscenes away from getting what I assume is my final party member and uh...haha wow.

I don't know what I was expecting but it sure wasn't 'what if Les Mis was Bloodborne'.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

that would own

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Umbrella is self-cannibalizing so it only makes sense that they'd wipe themselves out

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the electric chair is paradoxical in that it's one of the all time most ghoulish and horrible ways to execute someone irl but definitely the funniest way to do it in fiction

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Sometimes the theories that players come up with about missing plot elements in games are more interesting than an actual, intentional narrative

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

mkvltra posted:

Sometimes the theories that players come up with about missing plot elements in games are more interesting than an actual, intentional narrative

Silent Hill 2

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Elaborate- I've never played anything from that series, I'm only vaguely familiar with some of the lore elements but now I wanna know more about Cool Spooky Game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Weedle posted:

the electric chair is paradoxical in that it's one of the all time most ghoulish and horrible ways to execute someone irl but definitely the funniest way to do it in fiction

It's such a nightmarish creation

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

mkvltra posted:

Elaborate- I've never played anything from that series, I'm only vaguely familiar with some of the lore elements but now I wanna know more about Cool Spooky Game

So there's two kinds of Silent Hill "theories" - the first one is something really elaborate and crazy but is just a total reach from anything that is actually in the game. The second kind of theory is one that's presented as elaborate and crazy but is actually just something the game outright tells you. The funniest example of the latter is the very lengthy discussions about how a certain boss represents a certain character's dad who abused her. The clue that people use to figure this one out is that character saying "That monster is trying to abuse me...just like my dad!" and then you find a newspaper article where a girl killed her dad in the room where you encounter them both. An example of the former is the pretty prominent theory that Mary's dead body is in Jame's trunk at the beginning of the game which is incredibly prominent but doesn't have basically any in-game evidence to support it and is never alluded to or foreshadowed at all.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I thought Bison died before the events of SF3 which is why every game since then has been a prequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So there's two kinds of Silent Hill "theories" - the first one is something really elaborate and crazy but is just a total reach from anything that is actually in the game. The second kind of theory is one that's presented as elaborate and crazy but is actually just something the game outright tells you. The funniest example of the latter is the very lengthy discussions about how a certain boss represents a certain character's dad who abused her. The clue that people use to figure this one out is that character saying "That monster is trying to abuse me...just like my dad!" and then you find a newspaper article where a girl killed her dad in the room where you encounter them both. An example of the former is the pretty prominent theory that Mary's dead body is in Jame's trunk at the beginning of the game which is incredibly prominent but doesn't have basically any in-game evidence to support it and is never alluded to or foreshadowed at all.

Also there's the batshit ones, like that the entire game is a metaphor for circumcision