Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This conversations making me feel real old. Kids today wouldnt know who he is? I was already a drat adult when he came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The song came it in 2007, 14 years ago. So yes it's very likely that a high school student wouldn't get the reference of the one hit wonder from when they were a toddler.

About as much as I would have understood a reference to any of these (I don't know a single one of these people):

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Look, the most important thing is that bitch probably did look like Minecraft Steve.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

White shirt, blue jeans. A real bold and crazy outfit if ever I saw one.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

quote:

So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?
Me - excuse me?
Her - you are wasting our bags!
Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her - that's not my job!
Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her - why are you using two bags?!
Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her - exactly.
Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it.
And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

Author Unknown

https://www.facebook.com/1032966111/posts/10222901182251402/?d=n

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The idea of a grocery worker giving a single poo poo about how many bags you're using is insane.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

The idea of a grocery worker giving a single poo poo about how many bags you're using is insane.

I managed to steal an entire cart of groceries last week. I scanned everything and put my card in but it must have asked for something else on the keypad and I didn't notice

It definitely wasn't intended or I wouldn't have gone from there to the floor manager to ask if there was a way to get my toothbrush heads from register 5 without waiting in that line, and then paying for my toothbrush heads.

The good news is that WalMart apparently doesn't keep track of anything like that because I stupidly called to ask if I could come back and pay and the answer was no

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
As a matter of principle I don't use self scanners at all. gently caress you I'm not coming to your store and then scanning my own groceries.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I automatically hate anyone who's taking $300 of groceries through a self-scan.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RoboRodent posted:

My local Walmart setup lanes of self scans that have full conveyor belts

But also it was only like $170 and trust me I also hate taking them through self scanners.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

The grocery stores where I live have about a dozen self-scan kiosks set up, and typically have one person manning an in-person lane. Maybe two if it's during peak grocery hours.

You either get busy scannin'
or you get busy dyin'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

Yeah that's also insane. The only time I violate my own rule of never using self scan is if there's long lines and I'm trying to buy 3 or fewer items.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The supermarkets here have signs saying "12 items maximum" over the self scanners, and often the staffer overseeing them will bounce you if you've got a shopping trolley instead of just a basket.

I guess NZ continues to be the only half decent country in the world.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bike tory posted:

The supermarkets here have signs saying "12 items maximum" over the self scanners, and often the staffer overseeing them will bounce you if you've got a shopping trolley instead of just a basket.

I guess NZ continues to be the only half decent country in the world.

The small local grocery store next to my apartment has that sign. WalMart however is using me as an employee that they just don't pay

Some stores even have options for you to just scan while you shop and pay from your phone

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Generally, if I have only a handful of items I'll self checkout, mostly because I don't want to get stuck behind some dipshit paying with a check; or not realizing they will actually have to take out their wallet and pay until the the cashier says "That'll be..."; or somebody with $400 in groceries and coupons for every item, half of which are expired or not for the item they have.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lmao at any peasant who doesn’t have everything dropped off to their home thereby never having to deal with checkouts

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Look, it’s been hard since Enrique started making more on unemployment than I was paying him, ok?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
One of the greatest technological shopping innovations over here is the hand-held scanner. Pick one up when you enter the store, scan and pack your stuff in your big bags as you go, when you're done, put it in the rack, go to a station, and pay. Saves so much time compared to a regular or self-scan register.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Len posted:

The small local grocery store next to my apartment has that sign. WalMart however is using me as an employee that they just don't pay

Some stores even have options for you to just scan while you shop and pay from your phone

I mean you know the way to rectify walmart using you as an employee and not paying you right? pay yourself, in unscanned goods

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

I mean you know the way to rectify walmart using you as an employee and not paying you right? pay yourself, in unscanned goods

And when you read about stuff like wage theft, you might also say you're balancing the books

https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/finance-news/markets-and-shares/2020/06/23/woolworths-staff-wages/

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

oldpainless posted:

Lmao at any peasant who doesn’t have everything dropped off to their home thereby never having to deal with checkouts

More like Old Carless

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Speaking of oldcarless, do folks who oppose the self-checkout thing feel the same way about self-serve gas stations? Or do you think they aren't equivalent?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

EasilyConfused posted:

Speaking of oldcarless, do folks who oppose the self-checkout thing feel the same way about self-serve gas stations? Or do you think they aren't equivalent?

I've never had a self serve gas station gently caress up, about 1/4 of the time I use a self checkout it fucks up

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

EasilyConfused posted:

I live in Texas and have never seen a gas station where someone pumps it for you.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This came up in the OSHA thread recently but basically if gas stations were invented today they would never pass health and safety regulations. If you had one it would be full service with guys in hazmat suits filling your car while you were in a bunker 100 feet away.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Captain Monkey posted:

I live in Texas and have never seen a gas station where someone pumps it for you.

Right, but that used to be common and is still required in New Jersey. It just seems a pretty similar case to the self-checkout: something formerly done by an employee while the customer waits is something the customer does themselves.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Speaking of Soulja Boy he's in the news again

for domestic assault

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So America doesn't charge for plastic bags then?

In Australia a lot of places will charge you 5c for a plastic bag, (Coles and Woolworths actually sell heavy duty re-usable branded plastic bags for 15c). There was a lot of kerfuffle at first, but now everybody just brings their own bags to do the shopping, and if they forget pay the 5/15c idiot tax.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Here in my county in Ohio, there was a plastic bag ban that went into effect right before the pandemic. It fell apart as soon as covid hit as reusable bags were no longer allowed in stores for contamination reasons. So far all the big grocery chains around here are still using plastic or rare paper, unsure if the ban will go back into effect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

In Australia a lot of places will charge you 5c for a plastic bag, (Coles and Woolworths actually sell heavy duty re-usable branded plastic bags for 15c). There was a lot of kerfuffle at first, but now everybody just brings their own bags to do the shopping, and if they forget pay the 5/15c idiot tax.

Pretty much everywhere that has plastic bags gives them away for free. The municipalities (some states, some cities or counties within states that don't have a state wide restriction) that have laws about grocery bags ban most plastic bags and require stores to charge for paper ones.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The kinds of bags that people can still get for free at supermarkets in Australia are the ones you might pull off a roller for bagging mixed vegetables, grapes or something like that. They are generally a less durable plastic and smaller in size than the usual 'shopping bag'.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Len posted:

Speaking of Soulja Boy he's in the news again

for domestic assault

I guess now he does the Zack Snyder Superman, smh

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sir Lemming posted:

I guess now he does the Zack Snyder Superman, smh
He's switched over to Giant Man-ing that ho :(

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

California does that

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Literally poo poo that didn't happen.

quote:

I got pulled over on 225 for going 7 mph over the speed limit. 🚓

As the officer started walking up to my truck, i rolled my windows down ..... 🚙

My adorable and apparently INCREDIBLY smart 4 yr old daughter, started screaming from the backseat:

“It’s coming out!!!!!” 😱😱😱😱😱😱
“I can’t hold it any longer Papi!!!!!”😳😳😳😳
“It’s almost here!!!!!!!! Papiiiiiii!!!”

Now the trooper is HEARING her scream this....
and he leans in the window and asks her “What’s going on here???”

She looks him 💀 DEAD IN THE FACE 💀

And says “I’ve got poop coming outta my butt!!”🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

He started laughing 😂😂😂😂
I looked like I was about to cry 😭😭😭😭😭

He asked how far I had to go, which was about 2 miles home. He told me to drive safe and get miss thang home to do her business. He could NOT stop laughing😂😂😂

As soon as we pulled away I asked “What the hell was that about???”😳😳😳😳😳😳

This kid,smirked and said “I saw it on YouTube but I didn’t think it would work”🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

I said “So...... You're not pooping 💩?”
She said nope and you're not in trouble either.

OMG 👀👀👀
This kid is my hero 🦸‍♀️

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Literally poo poo that didn't happen.

This person needs to go on some sort of government watch list.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
My favourite aspect of stdh stories is that, being made up, everything in it was presumably chosen by the inventor to impress people or whatever. And what they chose was "I was speeding and my four year olds unsupervised access to YouTube saved me".

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Which house is "transparent.png"?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Stoatbringer posted:

Which house is "transparent.png"?

None, Rowling is a TERF, she would never allow a trans parent in her books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Piell posted:

None, Rowling is a TERF, she would never allow a trans parent in her books

:vince: