Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it was just an easy dunk on reddit, why'd you nerds have to go and gently caress it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
YEAH GOSH WOW

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

On sight? :hmmyes:

If you think SA didn't have its own jailbait thread back in the day, well, its good to be so naive. I am pretty sure that thing existed before reddit was website. :cripes: I don't even know what the pedo mod/admin count is at these days, but more than 0 is pretty embarrassing for the size of the website. Lets just all agree that all of these spaces have had some dreaful pasts that aren't exactly unique.

Man you really had to turn a quick joke at our enemies' expense into all this dumb bullshit, huh

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Dalmuti posted:

chapo check

the day it got banned is the day I uninstalled my reddit app

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Loky11 posted:

Yes.

Also apparently mibbles ate a 1 week ban (lmao) so if someone has mibbles on jabber and he's interested, I'll throw :10bux: his way via gift certificate. PM me.

Badposting is welcome here.

I'll send him a note on the MiniTru discord if you want

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Solus posted:

I'll send him a note on the MiniTru discord if you want

cool thanks. if he wants to join this dead forum, PM me and I'll send you a gift cert code for him. maybe he can help spruce up the place and improve johnny's posting. or mine.

edit: nevermind i had one in my inbox from awhile ago. I've pm'd it to you to pass along. includes no ads lmao.

Loky11 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 7, 2021

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

My posting is impeccable, and it is the jealousy of SNUFF leadership of that posting that keeps me stuck under the tyranny of Hull Pen

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

My posting is impeccable, and it is the jealousy of SNUFF leadership of that posting that keeps me stuck under the tyranny of Hull Pen

soon brother

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

A new fleet doctine was revealed today to much fanfare, and one of the GSF members Fengliu Meilong who is really good with prose, wrote a bit of a speech to commemorate the unveiling of the majestic fleet, which I hope they're ok with being shared here:

The reps were running at the sun
Running with all their speed
They did their very best to keep
The goonies from a feed.
And this was odd, because the fleet
Had suffered a misdeed

FC was yelling Hartley-like
His fleet would soon be fed
They had no business to jump in
He said the gate was RED!
"YOU MOTHERFUCKING STUPID SHITS."
"WHELP, IF YOU JUMPED, YOU'RE DEAD."

BRAVE still poor as poor could be.
They should have run and hid
You could not see TEST lads, because
No TEST was on the Grid.
No bombers and no cormorants
They cost 8 billion quid.

Arrendis and the Linemember
Were anchored without fault
They wept like anything to see
Such a wasted mine of salt.
"If this were only chemo'd away
Our Foe's dreams would all halt!"

"If seven alts with seven rags
DD'd for half a year
Do you suppose" Arrendis said
"That they could get it clear?"
"I doubt it" said the Linemember
And crushed a zillion beers.

"Oh Goonfleet, Ye of little faith"
Arrendis did complain
"Your Feroxes, your Baltec fleets.
Your Moomins, Yacks, and Trains."
You cannot fly with just these ships
To bring the dinos pain."

The bitterest vet keyed up once
But never a word he said
The bitterest vet keyed up twice
But shook his heavy head
Meaning that he, and all goons knew
Our fleets were getting bled

But for young Newbees, curious
Keyed up and took the risk
Their mics were cheap, their voices loud
Their Ships would make you Tisk
One of them had deadspace guns
Given to him by Brisc

Another newbee followed them
And yet another goon
And thick and fast they came at last, 
And more, and more, Till soon
The fleet was chaos, FC's dead.
"YOU AMATEURS!" He crooned.

Arrendis and the Linemember
Flew on 10k or so
And then they warped off to a safe
conveniently low
And all the little newbees stopped
Unanchored, in a row.

"The Time has come" Arrendis pinged
"To talk of many things:
Of Drakes, Logistics, Thermal Paste
Of Caracals and Kings.
And why your guns get boiling hot
And whether TEST has wings."

"But wait a bit!" The Newbees cried
"Before we have our chat.
For all of us are out of breath, 
And most of us are fat"
"No hurry" Said the Linemember
They thanked him much for that

"A ship with tank" Arrendis said
"Is chiefly what we need.
A shield tank with high DPS
Would be quite good indeed.
A ship a lot of goons can fly
And it must have decent speed"

"FC CAN I" A goon began
And he was shouted down
After this many loving years
That meme is in the ground
"No, it's fine." Arrendis said
"There's no better time than now."

"This is so loving awesome, Friends!"
"Shut the gently caress up, spy!"
The Linemember said nothing but
He smile was faintly wry
He wished he were not quite so old
And quite so dead inside

"Jackdaw Support" Arrendis said
"They can reach out and touch.
And Caracals for closer help
For killing Dics and such."
The Linemember said nothing as,
He thought Jackdaws were a crutch.

"I give to you!" Arrendis said
"This gift for all goonkind!"
With shouts and tears we read the thread
Some went out of their minds
Turning off their monitors
To see their weeping eyes

"Imperium!" Cried Arrendis
"The day has come, no fake!"
"Do we say the dumb meme again?"
Some had begun to ache
They hadn't said since yesterday.
"FC can I bring my Drake?"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

Man you really had to turn a quick joke at our enemies' expense into all this dumb bullshit, huh

Pedo gotta defend pedo.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i'm pretty sure that sa didn't have a jailbait thread, let alone a jailbait forum

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Baculus posted:

the day it got banned is the day I uninstalled my reddit app

The chaps subreddit was trash for babbies. Cumtown was a way better community.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

~skip~

"FC can I bring my Drake?"

yes you can

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Y'all dead / victorious yet?

in the space war? The bads threw an azbel down in 3-D a few days ago, it started onlining last night. It died last night, as we outformed them comfortably and won the ISK war to boot. They've got another coming out over the weekend - maybe today or tomorrow. After months of saying "why don't you just shoot the jammer or gate your supers in" to us, they seem absolutely utterly unable to do the same in the 1DQ constellation, and when they do shoot the jammer or go for an objective, they run as soon as we even look in their direction. It seems that having an enemy that shoots back is bad for their morale

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Y'all dead / victorious yet?

Kinda both, really. We’re holed up in a single constellation of space, roughed up and outnumbered but still fighting.

Recent changes to the game have made some of the enemies’ favored ships more expensive and harder to replace, so they’ve changed their tactics to ones that are significantly slower and more risk-adverse, and thus far it’s not working well for them.

No not believing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ullerrm posted:

Kinda both, really. We’re holed up in a single constellation of space, roughed up and outnumbered but still fighting.

Recent changes to the game have made some of the enemies’ favored ships more expensive and harder to replace, so they’ve changed their tactics to ones that are significantly slower and more risk-adverse, and thus far it’s not working well for them.

No not believing.

You forgot to mention the fact that CCP seems determined to make nullsec absolute poo poo value-wise, so they've spent the better part of a year to win something that's no longer valuable in a self-sustaining way for line members.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
as an example to why nullsec is bad now: i can make significantly more isk mining in highsec a few jumps away from jita than i can anywhere in nullsec. I made nearly 120m today almost completely afk, just checking in every 45 minutes or so to dump the ore. I've also made like 300m this week stealing from ESSs from the few bads in delve brave enough to rat shortly after they get their ships exploded by 30 hot-dropped bombers.

A lot of the bonuses to nullsec like reduced job install costs can be achieved in a single system, so we're still in an okay spot as long as we keep up these awesome defenses. Today was great. Aritzia threading the bubble needle so that we could nuke the hacking drake was glorious.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Stereotype posted:

A lot of the bonuses to nullsec like reduced job install costs can be achieved in a single system

The nullsec bonuses to install costs are pretty much wiped out by Wibla blowing up the system indexes.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You forgot to mention the fact that CCP seems determined to make nullsec absolute poo poo value-wise, so they've spent the better part of a year to win something that's no longer valuable in a self-sustaining way for line members.

That’s also true, but it cuts both ways — e.g. Legacy/PH have less to lose if INIT or Reavers are burning their home regions, because line members are making all their cash in lowsec/highsec right now, same as us. They can just let that space stay fallow until CCP buffs nullsec again, and then move back in.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

ullerrm posted:

That’s also true, but it cuts both ways — e.g. Legacy/PH have less to lose if INIT or Reavers are burning their home regions, because line members are making all their cash in lowsec/highsec right now, same as us. They can just let that space stay fallow until CCP buffs nullsec again, and then move back in.

let's move to perimeter and start thrashing already.

you want to incentivize null players moving in to hi sec? you fuckin sure about that, friendo?

Halborn
Nov 8, 2020

So a brittle blade will shatter before it bends, so a brittle soul will break before it turns.

Baculus posted:

let's move to perimeter and start thrashing already.

you want to incentivize null players moving in to hi sec? you fuckin sure about that, friendo?

Why the hell not? I'd like to see that.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Driving my carrier fleet through our Ansiblex so we can attack HACs faster is a power move and I'll do it again :black101:

Solus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 7, 2021

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Solus posted:

Driving my carrier fleet through our Ansiblex so we can attack HACs faster is a power move and I'll do it again :black101:

I like to think my asking on a Delta fleet about why we didn't have a 1dq -> 3-d ansiblex is the reason it appeared the next day and has made this possible.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

drakefleet :unsmith:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
"reddit is the enemy" is the most evegoon thing i've ever heard

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Tsed posted:

I like to think my asking on a Delta fleet about why we didn't have a 1dq -> 3-d ansiblex is the reason it appeared the next day and has made this possible.

it's safe to assume that all good ideas come from delta sqad and all bad ideas come from theta

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Stereotype posted:

it's safe to assume that all good ideas come from delta sqad and all bad ideas come from theta

What if someone in both theta and delta has an idea?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

"reddit is the enemy" is the most evegoon thing i've ever heard

yeah there's so much good and funny things on reddit such as

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

WorkerThread posted:

yeah there's so much good and funny things on reddit such as

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The reddit animosity is "for fun".

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
i personally stand behind each and every one of my posts

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Reddit is neither based nor redpilled

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Reddit is neither based nor redpilled

Please, enough kind words about Reddit

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Reddit is where the real war against Passpi happens. What, you think we gonna win this thing using spaceships? :cmon:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
one thing about eve is that everything is pvp

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dalael posted:

Reddit is where the real war against Passpi happens. What, you think we gonna win this thing using spaceships? :cmon:

I don’t think logging in is really that important when playing Eve

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Warrior Princess posted:

What if someone in both theta and delta has an idea?

Their terrible ideas somehow turn out for the best.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Looking forward to a proper long rear end TIDI fight today :getin:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Cease to Hope posted:

it was just an easy dunk on reddit, why'd you nerds have to go and gently caress it up

hello, yes, please stop calling each other pedophiles and implying the SA leadership are pedophiles. i know that second one is tough because of poo poo like :aatrek: but this isn't the right place for that.

good luck with the slomo space fight today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Hegay posted:

Looking forward to a proper long rear end TIDI fight today :getin:

Today? Apparently it's already been going on for 12 hours!

Covid jab #2 knocked me on my rear end so I'm playing catchup.