Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I do remember the Q base nerf, but I remember at my level going Q in during lane was not the best idea for a lot of match ups so she genuinely felt more powerful late game thanks to scaling changes but its been ages and I was never as aggressive with her as I am now.

The worst was pausing league and coming back to find out they killed my beautiful soraka, pausing, and then coming back and finding out Wild Rift decided they had to tweak her to just be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

same tupac, same

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Super Librarian posted:

They gutted her base values and added AP scaling to compensate. For one example, before her mini-rework that added the temporary auras and replaced the smaller, persistent ones:
Q base damage: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250

Now:
Q base damage: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160

They've shifted her numbers around in such a way that she has less of a presence in lane compared to 2014 and earlier, but she pumps out a lot of damage, heals, and shields late game with items

Ranting here.

They removed the only reason I played sona and that was to murder bitches in the early game. It makes me mad every time I remember when she wasn't a boring healbot.

Imo right now games end too quickly and lanes are way too dangerous to even bother with trying to make Sona work. Her terrible base health, resists, mana issues, long cooldowns make sure you basically lose lane against anything else.

That rework base damage nerf and the more recent dumpstering of her numbers because of top Sona in pro play (lol) had made Riot just decide that this risky, fragile, immobile support has to hide and avoid engagement, with little risk of the opposition being punished by getting slammed in the face with what used to be a 500 damage combo.

It sucks and riot truly sucks for removing all the fun from the game systematically (unless you're an AD assassin, go hog fuckin wild, assholes)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

Ranting here.

They removed the only reason I played sona and that was to murder bitches in the early game. It makes me mad every time I remember when she wasn't a boring healbot.

Imo right now games end too quickly and lanes are way too dangerous to even bother with trying to make Sona work. Her terrible base health, resists, mana issues, long cooldowns make sure you basically lose lane against anything else.

That rework base damage nerf and the more recent dumpstering of her numbers because of top Sona in pro play (lol) had made Riot just decide that this risky, fragile, immobile support has to hide and avoid engagement, with little risk of the opposition being punished by getting slammed in the face with what used to be a 500 damage combo.

It sucks and riot truly sucks for removing all the fun from the game systematically (unless you're an AD assassin, go hog fuckin wild, assholes)

yeah, this increasing shift to faster and faster games is choking the life out of a lot of champion archetypes and the VIP treatment ad assassins get is really grating. tanks literally are not allowed to be good because it makes assassin mains mald

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's because riot is run by weab perverts, so the only champs allowed to be good are ninjas or animes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

henkman posted:

It's because riot is run by weab perverts, so the only champs allowed to be good are ninjas or animes

that's where the money and the cum is, for sure

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

henkman posted:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dunno, in wild rift Sona seems pretty good. I mean assassin characters are still horseshit conceptually as a design, but Im doing pretty good with her. She has 0 mana issues in Wild Rift the second you get a tear aka first back. I've never even looked at my mana bar after that point, and just focus on the "keep my ADC alive" minigame.

I feel like exhaust is just the overall better take over ignite outside of a few minor circumstances

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Not to burst the Assassin’s suck jerk-off (I think Assassins in League could stand to have better gameplay patterns) but from an actual metrics standpoint the top 30 most winning champions only includes 3 assassins. Pyke (noted trouble design), Diana and Wu Kong (dunno if he counts). Going to top 40 adds in Shaco.

This is because the current issue is nothing to do with the assassin class and everything to do with Duskblade being an incredibly stupid item that every physical melee damage dealer is interested in if they can swing it, plus The Collector being a nonsense design.

The actual purpose of assassins in League makes sense, as a way to break up ADC focused compositions so you have an option besides watching some rear end in a top hat auto your team three times. They also have when well designed clear patterns of engagement. Zed pops out of his hot target in the same place every time, so just prepare CC if it’s in a team fight, or accept you lose the 1v1. Which is no different to losing the 1v1 to a farmed up Malzahar or Veigar. The issue of course comes from the fact that in casual/ranked, as opposed to professional, teams often lack the co-ordination to stop Zed from succeeding.

Saying all that, gently caress the way Riot design assassins to be safe, they should have to choose between committing to a kill or having safety at the cost of less kill guarantee and they do not do that for the most part.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
They're gonna change Sona to be a scaling support who gets cdr/ap each time she casts a spell or something they're just taking their sweet time, just like the upcoming Kench rework that has been just waiting for some vfx for a year now.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I have no sympathy for vayne tops. i dont think i've ever seen one actually win, and i dont think they deserve to. stay in your lane, figuratively and literally :frogout:

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Clash is a lot of fun, more fun than I anticipated! It turns out having a reliable group of people to play with makes the game very enjoyable.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Thumbtacks posted:

I have no sympathy for vayne tops. i dont think i've ever seen one actually win, and i dont think they deserve to. stay in your lane, figuratively and literally :frogout:

They all must be camped.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Camp the Vayne/Yasuo is jungle 101.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Helping a Sett win against a Vayne by repeatedly rolling snowballs into the lane is the most :kimchi: feeling.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

feels like vayne has negative scaling when she can't be attached to the hip to a support feeding her force multiplication

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

If you're not devoting all team resources towards getting a top Vayne to ragequit and uninstall League, what are you even doing with your life

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Super Librarian posted:

If you're not devoting all team resources towards getting a top Vayne to ragequit and uninstall League, what are you even doing with your life

Uninstalling League.

Wait no

fnox
May 19, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

It's because people think they auto win since they're ranged into melee. It's the same with Lucian mid. If you can't tether that pick doesn't do anything, you must have a slow pushing or frozen wave for as long as you can, and you must keep them at auto range.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i think ive seen a vayne or lucian win lane like ONCE, every other time they emote spam for two levels thinking they're hot poo poo and then immediately go 0/18. makes me laugh every time.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

fnox posted:

It's because people think they auto win since they're ranged into melee. It's the same with Lucian mid. If you can't tether that pick doesn't do anything, you must have a slow pushing or frozen wave for as long as you can, and you must keep them at auto range.

quinn top can work well sometimes but that's cause she has a tool to quickly get around spreading her lead everywhere

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Fiddlesticks is the only thing I want to play right now... just game after game of Fiddlesticks. Tossed 2 520s and a 750 into the grinder and got Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. I already have the pumpkinhead skin but I cant not use this goofy clown thing. It's too silly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Surprise Party Fiddlesticks rules but you lose the excellent spooky default voice.

I want the last thing their Annie hears to be "HELP ME ANNIE" in the death rattle screech.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
ahhhhh I do love the default voice. Surprisingly well-done and gross/spooky. Maybe I'll just alternate which one I use.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fiddlesticks is the best designed champion in the game imo, both in gameplay and visuals/flavour.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Old fiddlesticks was my favorite support champion. It wasn’t GOOD but repeatedly hitting people with crows was always extremely funny

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Thumbtacks posted:

Old fiddlesticks was my favorite support champion. It wasn’t GOOD but repeatedly hitting people with crows was always extremely funny

It was actually super good for a long time?? Pretty much right up to his rework iirc

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

a fatguy baldspot posted:

It was actually super good for a long time?? Pretty much right up to his rework iirc

It’s actually part of why the rework ended up what it is, because the sheer power of his E as a landing tool support was choking out their ability to give him damage/jungle buffs from memory.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Can someone explain why Rumble jungle became so OP? AFAIK he didnt get any buffs, was it just nerfing Udyr/Hec that opened it up for him?

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Someone can do the big picture stuff better than me but he self shields and does aoe damage for clears, and he actually did get a pretty good but normally very niche buff recently in his overheat auto damage and attack speed, which is great for jungle, ok for laning, not super consequential for team fights. What I'm not sure is if that change was significant on it's own or just pushed him over the edge as others got nerfed.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 12, 2021

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Jerkface posted:

Can someone explain why Rumble jungle became so OP? AFAIK he didnt get any buffs, was it just nerfing Udyr/Hec that opened it up for him?

They changed his overheat passive to do % health damage so his clear speed went down to nothing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah watch some videos of his current clear and the speed he can do red buff without a leash and without taking much damage is ridiculous. So you have a hella good clear speed and you don't need to ask your bot lane/top laner to leash for you so they can get early pressure as well which then makes your own life way easier.

Also Night Harvester means a good ult will do a crazy amount of upfront damage so he spikes hard on just one item.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

he in fact got an enormous buff to his jungle

quote:

V11.8

Stats
Base magic resistance reduced to 28 from 32.
Magic resistance growth reduced to 0.75 from 1.25.
Junkyard Titan
Overheat on-hit base damage reduced to 10-50 (based on level) from 25-110 (based on level).
New Effect: Now deals 6% of target's maximum health magic damage on-hit when overheated, capped at 120 against monsters.
New Effect: Now gains 50% bonus attack speed while overheated.

Electro Harpoon
New Effect: Now reduces target's magic resistance by 10% for 4 seconds, increased to 15% while in Danger Zone.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

SirSamVimes posted:

Fiddlesticks is the best designed champion in the game imo, both in gameplay and visuals/flavour.

hmmmm

edit: remember the video they released with his rework that was just him like, tackling armoured guys in the woods to death for some reason

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Verviticus posted:

hmmmm

edit: remember the video they released with his rework that was just him like, tackling armoured guys in the woods to death for some reason

He’s jungling and turns around a jungle invade by the Demacia Duo lane. Like it’s literally Fiddle using his scarecrow copy thing to distract them and then eating them with his ultimate.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It's also a bunch of nameless mooks getting hosed up by a League champ and those vids are always fun.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Jerkface posted:

The clear speed buffs with the current state of the jungle mean that Diana, Morgana and Rumble are the meta defining picks, at least in competitive. For some reason, they have no issue with powerfarming champions, so long as they don't also have a movespeed steroid. Even though someone like Diana can stick to you like glue and 1v1 you no matter what.

Rumble specifically, it's unlikely you'll see someone actually use him effectively in SoloQ. Rumble has always been a pro pick darling because of how insane his ult can be with coordination. His initial clear, at least the optimal one requires very careful heat management so it's also unlikely you'll see people use him at his best.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

he in fact got an enormous buff to his jungle

Ok this makes sense, I only checked back to 11.9 patch notes. I've actually played rumble like 3 times in the past 2 days in ARAM and didnt realize he got those buffs :shobon:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

What’s the best place to get jungle clear paths/tutorials anyway? Reddit? Is there one for jungle mains or do you just look at the champ main sub? It’s hard to search YouTube because of how often outdated poo poo shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Boxman posted:

What’s the best place to get jungle clear paths/tutorials anyway? Reddit? Is there one for jungle mains or do you just look at the champ main sub? It’s hard to search YouTube because of how often outdated poo poo shows up.

I've been meaning to throw this into the OP but:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gjk5UrtAbcqdYnRlx9KMDuHGxhKsEv50vhn02cN0y-c/htmlview?pru=AAABcpadG8I*T_X5aHcE3MzLYvKbQchthA

This has been my go to now for two years roughly. It's maintained and updated as patches change a champ. It's a bit speed runny in terms of some of them having insanely specific micro movements to optimize the fastest clear. While I think isn't the most important thing to know how to jungle (there's way more important poo poo than clearing perfectly fast), its a good rough idea of what your clear is going to look like on a given champ.

Hope it's informative, check it out!