Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter (July 28, 1945)

That scamp Bootsie. Replacing the colonel's coffee with dog semen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slammy posted:

Them white girls are gonna get you in trouble every time.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "44 - Jucika is Dancing"

"Jucika's Hen"

:3: That's one cute chicken.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (March 12-18, 2001)

See, this is what I meant. Is Kell's dad supposed to be a memory here? Her imagination? Because by the way he behaves, it feels very much like he's a ghost instead, coming to visit his daughter.

(Also the two "union rules" strips are legit quite funny, which isn't something I say often about K&K.)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (May 30, 1995)

Holy poo poo chasing someone with an axe, I can't believe how well Muku has assimilated into finnish culture.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

His Divine Shadow posted:

Holy poo poo chasing someone with an axe, I can't believe how well Muku has assimilated into finnish culture.

For full style points it needs to be chasing someone into the snow, preferably during Christmas.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Slammy posted:

Some Guy TT posted:

That scamp Bootsie. Replacing the colonel's coffee with dog semen.
The Arbuckles were once a proud military family, before the farm.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (August 27, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (August 27, 1999)

Garfield Classic (August 27, 1989)

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin and the Comet

I adore the little Hattifnatt, just enjoying a bit of wading in the warm water.

Join us next time for the next story: Moomin and the Golden Tail. (It's the final one written by Tove, though she'll stick around to draw them for a while more.)
For that, I'll also need to ask for a tiny bit of help: There's a misprint with the standalone Volume 4, and it's missing the final strip of Moomin and the Golden Tail (specifically, strip 109.)
If anyone in the thread has a different print of the story (like the standalone, coloured version. Or the deluxe book, etc etc.) could you please snap a pic/scan of the final strip for me? (I'll need it in a little over 3 weeks.)
I've been unable to find it anywhere. And Drawn and Quarterly straight up ignored me when I asked if I could get issued physical or digital errata for the missing strips.

(In vol 4 they missed 2 final strips. And in vol 5 they mixed in incorrect strips into 2 stories. And they don't have digital errata on their site so I can easily find and correct for it.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Deathless Deer 2/8-10/43

Para is pretty but not too bright, huh?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Maybe in ancient Egyptian culture crocodiles have an ambiguous meaning that is sometimes good and sometimes bad, like Godzilla.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I like how the guard is making hand shadows on the wall in the last panel.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

Maybe in ancient Egyptian culture crocodiles have an ambiguous meaning that is sometimes good and sometimes bad, like Godzilla.

Crocodiles are a land of contrasts

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 18, 1945)

The Medieval Castle (Feb. 18, 1945)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The women treating Dustin like he's a leper thing is already weird but this is particularly bizarre because she had already agreed to the date. Seriously, why does Kelley think that a woman wouldn't even bother to have that first drink with him?

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Sep 14-15, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (May 22-25, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I genuinely can't figure out whether it's the usual making GBS threads on Dustin the misogyny or some combination of both that's going on with these Dustin dates. The weird thing is, he seems to have decent enough dating interactions offscreen. But maybe that hasn't actually happened in years and I'm only remembering it that way because of the monotony.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Ah, this one always tickled me.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Some Guy TT posted:

I genuinely can't figure out whether it's the usual making GBS threads on Dustin the misogyny or some combination of both that's going on with these Dustin dates. The weird thing is, he seems to have decent enough dating interactions offscreen. But maybe that hasn't actually happened in years and I'm only remembering it that way because of the monotony.

It's definitely both.
Boomer comic artist is taking on all challengers to their worldview.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Classic story line and an especially classic strip.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Dustin's kind of an incel comic really. He's a nice guy doing the best he can but no one will give him a break. Weird how that life philosophy almost perfectly matches up as a positive version of the Boomer stereotype of Millennials as lazy pathetic unattractive weirdos. A coincidence I'm sure.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

readingatwork posted:

The women treating Dustin like he's a leper thing is already weird but this is particularly bizarre because she had already agreed to the date. Seriously, why does Kelley think that a woman wouldn't even bother to have that first drink with him?
Dustin is obviously more attractive than either of the other two regular male characters (his dad and his friend). It's like the author is an incel who thinks women are only interested in super-hot buff men.

readingatwork posted:

Old School Peanuts (Sep 14-15, 1952)

Lucy is somewhat based on Charles Schulz' adopted daughter Meredith, who was supposed to have been something of a problem child. Seeing Charlie Brown's abusive behavior in response to annoying but pretty ordinary toddler misbehavior makes me wonder if the Schulz's didn't provide the very best parenting.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

readingatwork posted:

It's a blind date, meaning this is the first time she ever saw him.

But if the strip wants us to buy women being repulsed at the very sight of him it should, like... make him ugly somehow? He looks, like, unremarkable. Just a normal guy. It's weird.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
If anything Dustin looks like the kind of guy who should very easily catch the eye of any lady who goes for adorkable but it's supposed to be a "much beloved" "running" ""joke"" that Dustin is such an enormous loser it's visible to the naked eye even when he wears a nice dress shirt with an unironic tie.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

curtadams posted:

Dustin is obviously more attractive than either of the other two regular male characters (his dad and his friend). It's like the author is an incel who thinks women are only interested in super-hot buff men.

The author thinks women only want men with careers and money. Like say a lawyer or something.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

curtadams posted:

Pretty sure Skelley has a "women are most attracted to a man's wallet" worldview and Dustin just gives off the smell of unemployment.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics, double Dick edition

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 18, 1945)

Val's face in the first panel. "WTF is happening?"

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (June 27, 1992)

"Negro Kiss" (neekerinsuukko) was the Finnish name for a confection related to Israeli krembo. The name was changed to Brunberg Kiss (after the manufacturer) in 2001.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

I❤️BURLAP

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (June 27, 1992)

"Negro Kiss" (neekerinsuukko) was the Finnish name for a confection related to Israeli krembo. The name was changed to Brunberg Kiss (after the manufacturer) in 2001.

Fun (absolutely not fun or cute) use of the racist candy name. But lord help me, I find this strip almost unbearably sweet! I am also at the point in my cycle where everything related to childbirth makes me a little weepy, so please someone tell me if this is actually racist/otherwise terrible and I’m just blinded by hormones.

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 8, 2021

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Everyone's going to love Barry, he's going to be surrounded by new friends, maybe hoisted up and riding around on someone's shoulders. Come on, Billingsley.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hwurmp posted:

it means

s-e-x
SCANDALIZED.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

YES

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Just look at all those sheep butts. :allears:

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I've been up and down on the new Mark Trail but if it turns into a heist comic for a few weeks I'm all in.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I've been enjoying new mark trail over all, and even when the art can get wonky i find it at least charming

but the hand in the final panel is physically killing me

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

YES

Oh this will be a disaster. I'm here for this.

quote:

The Phantom

Excellent :sickos: face there.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hel posted:

I've been up and down on the new Mark Trail but if it turns into a heist comic for a few weeks I'm all in.

Lol that's some old Dick Tracy level perspective in the last panel there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Mary Worth is always at its best when somebody is having a ridiculous freakout.