Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Pattonesque posted:

hard, hard agree. the visual, audio, and haptic design of the gun is A+. It feels like the world is ending every time you pull the trigger

I wish it was available earlier in the campaign. I get why it isn't, because it punches giant holes in everything, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Cythereal posted:

ME3 is one of the very few games I've beaten on the hardest difficulty because I legit enjoyed it. Not sure what it is about 3 in particular, but it clicked with me in a way that no other action game has.

It's balanced incredibly well. That's the main reason I can't ever be too hard on ME3, because mechanically it's just about the best combat I've ever experienced.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Pattonesque posted:

It feels like the world is ending every time you pull the trigger

This is an excellent way to put it. I always thought that if the gun existed IRL, it would sound like a freight train roaring by right next to your ear every time you fired it.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Polaron posted:

I wish it was available earlier in the campaign. I get why it isn't, because it punches giant holes in everything, but still.

that's what mods are for!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Boo to all difficulty-based trophies, I say

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

I had very little expectations going into Andromeda but taking pictures in it has been my favorite.

I have a whole rear end Flickr album for anyone interested!

Honestly Andromeda does a lot of cool things with combat that I'd love to see kept for ME4 or whatever they're doing next.

Yeah one thing that's weird about Andromeda is that it has a lot of boring, re-used assets in a lot of places, but then there are a few just genuinely amazing looking vistas and it's a real feeling of "oh this is where the budget all went". The engine is definitely capable of some really gorgeous visuals but their struggles with it meant that they didn't really get to make the most out of it. It's another reason why the fact that there won't be a sequel is such a shame because all those kinks are likely ironed out by this point.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Add me to the list of people who say the M-99 Saber is my absolute favorite gun in the series.

My go-to in ME3 multiplayer when I just wanna have fun and murder is to take my N7-Destroyer soldier out with nothing but the Saber, and go to town.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Saber is amazing, but I have to give a shout out to the Lancer. Its an amazing weapon for casters.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Saber is great, Lancer is great, Revenant is great (in ME2), Typhoon is great, prothean early aughts meme laser cannon rifle is great

Lotta good guns in the masses effect

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wraith, Eviscerator, Claymore, let's get some shotgun love going

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

And Reegar doesn't count because that's the easy option

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I used the Paladin as a very large pistol in Andromeda and it was hilarious.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kurieg posted:

I used the Paladin as a very large pistol in Andromeda and it was hilarious.

My favorite gun in 3. It's a semi-auto sniper pistol.

The Striker is also hilarious. Not very good, but hilarious, especially if you're a class with a large ammo pool boost.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Wait no, not the paladin, the Crusader, the slug-gun.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Which one was the turian assault rifle with the massive mag which, when combined withe turian mag dump ability in mp, just melted banshees (i called it the banshee melter, because it melted banshees)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Which one was the turian assault rifle with the massive mag which, when combined withe turian mag dump ability in mp, just melted banshees (i called it the banshee melter, because it melted banshees)

(Googles) The Phaeston?
https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Phaeston

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I like sticking that and the Krysae sniper rifle on Garrus for ME3.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

For that real appropriate flavour slap a GPR with incendiary ammo on a Gethgineer with Chain Overload and detonate everything.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Piranha autoshotgun was so loving overpowered it ate like 3 nerfs and still came out the other end as one of the best weapons in the game. Loved that thing.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Blood Pack Executioner is extremely satisfying.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey do you hear that?

Whirrrrrrrrrrrr click!

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHWW

if you know you know

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wraith, Eviscerator, Claymore, let's get some shotgun love going

Heck yeah

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Graal Spike Thrower baybeeee

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I meant the Kishock

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Don't forget about the Locust (if you're not playing as a soldier)

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

It's because they already have the art since she's on the real cover.

it's sad but this is so true :bioware: :effort:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The one Prothean Assault Rifle that used cooldown instead of ammo was pretty busted for ME3 Single Player on higher difficulties. It was okay on single basic enemies but against tougher ones it just melted their hp.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

bobjr posted:

The one Prothean Assault Rifle that used cooldown instead of ammo was pretty busted for ME3 Single Player on higher difficulties. It was okay on single basic enemies but against tougher ones it just melted their hp.

Oh yeah. That was the only gun any of my party members were issued. To this day I have no idea what any of the other guns were.

Well apart from "boom pistol" that my engineer used in between cooldowns.

I should be more excited about this remaster/re-release but I played it so much back in the day. Well not ME3 solo obviously, that was just the once.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 8, 2021

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I've played the poo poo out of all three of these games and loved them all, and reading through this thread is making it very tough to resist firing up ME3 again. I'm really looking forward to the remaster, especially seeing what they do to uplift the first game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm more excited about a remastered ME1 more than 2 or 3 to be honest. While the combat was a bit janky the world building & everything else was excellent.

Hopefully they fixed Saren so he's no longer reaper-ized at the beginning and looks like a regular turian instead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also hopefully they've updated ME3 so "sprint" isn't the default & only movement animation because of console memory limitations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DancingShade posted:

Also hopefully they've updated ME3 so "sprint" isn't the default & only movement animation because of console memory limitations.

From what I've seen it's still there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

From what I've seen it's still there.

Knowing it's simply a texture and 64-bit update (maybe?) makes me so glad I haven't pre-ordered.

If I wanted to replay these games I already own them all. Who cares if the decade old textures are bad? Mods exist.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

native controller support on PC is quietly the best feature of the collection for me

playing 2 and 3 on mkb is torture (well i don't really like playing anything on mkb but at least 1 is more of a PC game to begin with)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I used to have that problem but a wrist brace and other 3M products solved my RSI and related issues. Took over a year, patience is key.

M&K or nothing IMO, assuming no injuries of course. In which case hell yeah controller time.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Simone Magus posted:

Demonstrate biotics
Engage rapidly
Never don't be charging
NEVER don't be charging
I guess sometimes shoot your shotgun
Sick nasty!

This post deserves a lot of love. The Only Golden Biotic God.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Not like i wasn't entirely expecting it after all I've heard, but i would still like to extend a big congratulations to mass effect andromeda for having the most boring depiction of first contact this side of the 1950s

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Amppelix posted:

Not like i wasn't entirely expecting it after all I've heard, but i would still like to extend a big congratulations to mass effect andromeda for having the most boring depiction of first contact this side of the 1950s

haha everyone speaks English already! you're an explorer but everything's already been explored! time to massacre 1% of the people who traveled all this way!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I've played the poo poo out of all three of these games and loved them all, and reading through this thread is making it very tough to resist firing up ME3 again. I'm really looking forward to the remaster, especially seeing what they do to uplift the first game.

:same:

I'm pretty pumped for it, still not preordering though, just in case!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

DancingShade posted:

Is... is that actually a thing on console? Because it certainly isn't on PC.