Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's extra gross that the butt shot immediately follows that specific line from Miranda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

That's the point.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think the legendary edition will fix Jack's ME2 storyline having no conclusion unless you have a penis and you want to press spacebar to cycle through a series of awkward cuddling animations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do you think the legendary edition will fix Jack's ME2 storyline having no conclusion unless you have a penis and you want to press spacebar to cycle through a series of awkward cuddling animations.

Nope. And they've already confirmed that you can't be gay until ME3 when Steve, Traynor, and Kaidan become available.

I'll probably still buy it, but I'm not particularly excited.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cythereal posted:

I'll probably still buy it, but I'm not particularly excited.

Why buy it, then??
:confused:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's been a long time since I last played through ME2 and much longer still since I did my romance-Jack playthrough, so I don't really recall, but how did it actually end again aside from said cuddling animations?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

poisonpill posted:

Why buy it, then??
:confused:

The convenience of having the whole series in one install that works together smoothly, graphics improvements to 1, and all the engine, UI, and technical improvements.

It's not like I've spent more than ten bucks on Steam in the last five or six years.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Cythereal posted:

Nope. And they've already confirmed that you can't be gay until ME3 when Steve, Traynor, and Kaidan become available.

In that case I think the only thing that could tempt me to buy it is if they've removed the lock opening minigame from ME1. Anyone know?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Oh dear me posted:

In that case I think the only thing that could tempt me to buy it is if they've removed the lock opening minigame from ME1. Anyone know?

They said that the minigames are going to be unified across all platforms, so it will at least change for two of the platforms maybe?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Kurieg posted:

They said that the minigames are going to be unified across all platforms, so it will at least change for two of the platforms maybe?
I'm unironically looking forward to seeing an all-new variant that will upset people even more than the old ones. If it's as tedious as planet-scanning in ME2 I might, admittedly, find a way to cheat my way around it, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sombrerotron posted:

It's been a long time since I last played through ME2 and much longer still since I did my romance-Jack playthrough, so I don't really recall, but how did it actually end again aside from said cuddling animations?

Jack's whole arc in 2 is about coming to terms with her past and learning to trust others again because not everyone is out to screw her over. If you're Femshep she says you're okay but gently caress off because coming to talk to her is getting weird. If you're Sheploo and you take the romance path she gets severe nerves right before the suicide mission and you're the only one on the ship she trusts so she comes to your quarters and finally breaks down crying.

Mechanically it's the same as any of the other romances but thematically it's an end point for Jack because it's the first time she actively seeks out help from Shepard and leaves her hidey hole in the engine room. No, Kelly telling you Jack needs help doesn't count.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 15, 2021

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I enjoyed planet scanning in ME2/3. :(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Plannet scanning in ME2/3 was better than planet scanning in Andromeda, with the forced warp cutscene in between planets in the same loving system.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i guess if you're transfixed on jack's arc completing by the end of me2 the fact that, if she's around and well in me3, she's doing pretty good at grissom might not help all that much

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Plannet scanning in ME2/3 was better than planet scanning in Andromeda, with the forced warp cutscene in between planets in the same loving system.
You could skip most of that by pressing spacebar. Even without that, I don't think this is an accurate assessment as far as ME2 is concerned because most of the scanning was required for gathering resources and that was much, much more tiresome than having to wait a few seconds for your ship to approve at the other planet (also let's not forget that in both ME2 and ME3 you manually had to float over to each planet and that it consumed fuel so sometimes you couldn't even get to where you wanted to be without going back to a refuelling station first).

Of course the way Andromeda implemented scanning for resources certainly made things even worse, although on the other hand you could basically ignore that if you made a habit of picking up any above-ground clumps of resources you came across and disassembled weapons and armour you didn't need.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

chaosapiant posted:

Me too, because my mouse has adjustable sensitivity so I could crank it up for those sections.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Me too, because my mouse has adjustable sensitivity so I could crank it up for those sections.

I also as found it kind relaxing and the planet select menu music is one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

You could skip most of that by pressing spacebar.

At launch you could not skip the traveling between planets cutscene in Andromeda. That was patched in later.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What I love about this is that they did not change anything else about the shot.

Look at her pose here- this is one of those shot reverse shot dialogue scenes, but she's not standing where she should be relative to wehre Shep is looking.

Then you have her bent forwards at the hips at an awkward angle for maximum rear end, but NOT where that's what it'd look like to Shep or anyone else in the room. Instead she's bent forwards for maximum rear end from a camera angle directly behind and below her.

They really did not give a poo poo

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I mean: they gave a shart. :shrug:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So is this a Mass Effect movie, or tv series, or is he going to be in the voice cast for the new game? :magical:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-24-henry-cavill-teases-secret-project-that-appears-to-be-related-to-mass-effect

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

action rpg where henry cavill must build the ultimate gamer pc

PRESS X TO INSTALL MORE RAM

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Eastbound Spider posted:

action rpg where henry cavill must build the ultimate gamer pc

PRESS X TO INSTALL MORE RAM

I would like to be MORE RAMMED by Henry Cavill

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Hurt Locker but instead of defusing IEDs a single bead of Henry Cavil's sweat drops into the heatsink.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Henry cavill is a huge nerd supposedly so I fully support him being in a mass effect spin off

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Will the butt camera angle be restored in Cavill Effect?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

That paper is apparently just a print-out of the ME3 wiki page lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Henry Cavill is taking over as director of the next Mass Effect game.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Will the butt camera angle be restored in Cavill Effect?

2 HOURS OF rear end

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Doctor Nutt posted:

Henry Cavill is taking over as director of the next Mass Effect game.

Would be a huge improvement and probably result in tons of cool poo poo, imo

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Cross-Section posted:

That paper is apparently just a print-out of the ME3 wiki page lol

I’m sure he was sitting there, reading printed wikis during his makeup session to get ready for the Remaster and thought “maybe if I generate just a little bit of hype?”

I don’t know why Cavill has taken it upon himself to make quality, live-action video game adaptations, but I am all about it.
:hai:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I’m sure he was sitting there, reading printed wikis during his makeup session to get ready for the Remaster and thought “maybe if I generate just a little bit of hype?”

I don’t know why Cavill has taken it upon himself to make quality, live-action video game adaptations, but I am all about it.
:hai:

it’s because the blood of a gamer courses through him, op

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OctaMurk posted:

Would be a huge improvement and probably result in tons of cool poo poo, imo

For sure, which is why I'm 100% wrong.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Or he can be the new male voice for the PC in ME4?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

El_Elegante posted:

it’s because the blood of a gamer courses through him, op

Cavill has used his position as a gamer who happens to look like Henry Cavill about as well as one could hope

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Please stop insulting him by calling him a gamer

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
It's how he self-identifies. :kiss:

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
There’s no shame in his game (ing)

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/my-shepard-art-creator

You can make your own version of the Legendary Edition cover art it seems.

FemShep all the way. Was always so tired of seeing nothing but awful Manshep on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

chaosapiant posted:

I remember being sorta disappointed that 3 dumbed it down to just finding poo poo occasionally, loved grabbing something to eat and just cruising around mining planets and reading about them.