Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
""Baizuo""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

to be more specific it was because he kept using phrases like "white leftist" as a pejorative and instead of face their own fragility they just removed him lmao

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Danann posted:

It was only tangentially related to that lol, it was basically because he was too rude to people after having to deal with apparently the latest round of people eating up zenz crap.

to be more specific it was because he kept using phrases like "white leftist" as a pejorative and instead of face their own fragility they just removed him lmao

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmaoo

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Oh hey reading through Blastoise's ban thread and I think this is what I remembered the most out of this:

quote:

In regards to the idea of "Blastoise offers a unique and valuable perspective we can't afford to lose"... Personally, I think the solution to that means making more concerted efforts to reach out to more kinds of people who could offer perspectives similar to Blastoise's. The solution isn't to make efforts to hold onto any one toxic person just because they have knowledge we don't. The forum's still working on how to increase our membership in constructive ways, maybe that's something that needs to be taken into consideration as part of those plans.

Narrator: BNR East Asia thread is dead and there is still no mainland Chinese poster posting in the thread.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

other fun examples i can remember

-probed/ran off one of the few black posters for posting "i hate that ni**a" about obama (using a slur, very uncomfortable to read)
-defended the probe because its best to just assume digital blackface first, apparently
-decolonization thread devolving into bizarre concerns about ethnostates and white genocide, led by the sites founder no less

anarkkkists lol

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
what is BNR?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Belt and Road initiative is the only BNR I will recognize.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

-probed/ran off one of the few black posters for posting "i hate that ni**a" about obama (using a slur, very uncomfortable to read)
-defended the probe because its best to just assume digital blackface first, apparently
-decolonization thread devolving into bizarre concerns about ethnostates and white genocide, led by the sites founder no less

anarkkkists lol

why are you censoring yourself while making fun of people for reacting to an uncomfortable to read slur

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I looked at it when the forums were down and there are way too many subforums to bother learning about.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Benagain posted:

why are you censoring yourself while making fun of people for reacting to an uncomfortable to read slur

idk, im not black

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Agrajag posted:

what is BNR?

I was going to link you, but realized I had deleted it. However I still have it in my browser auto complete.

Bread and roses

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

idk, im not black

I am sorry that your cultural heritage has been so destroyed that you don't even know if you're black

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The only offsite I read every once in a while is the rhizzone. They have some pretty good front page articles.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

anarkkkists lol

Black flag twitter is also a real delight. They really hate the Grayzone and Luna Oi for defending the CPV.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Black flag twitter is also a real delight. They really hate the Grayzone and Luna Oi for defending the CPV.

This is inbetween calling people tankie genocide deniers and posting articles sourced to zenz about uyghur genocide.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Hey now to be fair BNR is merely a forerunner of what happened at a very liberal forum I happen to to read. Two Chinese members got subforum banned from the politics zone over being very rude and angry at white liberals and leftists regurgitating Zenz bullshit too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vasukhani posted:

have fulan gong actually done anything besides like, be a strange new age religion

I mean aside from 100% being a complete arm of western intelligence/statecraft agencies not really, they hilariously managed to get cracked down on by just being super loving annoying and lame. Like, yea they do break laws about organizing against the government and all but they (unless I forgot something big...) haven't really done terrorist poo poo or anything like that.

Like, imagine being so devoted to a cult of a guy who says he can fly but only if nobody's looking you get yourself on a government watchlist.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Rutibex posted:

hollywood movies are for boomers. the chinese company Tencent controls fortenight/call of duty/world of warcraft, they are dominating the future

That's not true at all. By sales indications Chinese teens and young adults love big budget blockbusters like the avengers and transformer franchises

In fact they're now far and away the biggest consumer market for eestern movies, which is why Hollywood will continue to portray the prc in a positive light even as the American public becomes increasingly sinophobia.

Hedenius posted:

My wife and kids were in China at the time and and we have friends who live in Wuhan so I was hate-reading those threads and getting especially annoyed at the amount of people who took Prester Jane seriously.

Fantasizing about mass death of a people whose government I dont like. :911:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
My two favorite aspects of the Falun gong founder is 1) He dress like a mid-level communist cadre and never invented any culty superhero costume 2) The whole cult just pretend he hasn't been dead for years.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

THS posted:

every offsite is worse than this place by miles

cspam reaches a critical mass of people where at least there are multiple cliques and its too big to effectively manage the discourse. its not good when there is one clique and they are also the mods

i went to BNR curiously at the start and then i realized PJ was being welcomed there and immediately removed the bookmark and never went back.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57013540

Chinese ROCKET may CRASH DOWN AT ANY LOCATION

this totally isnt an issue with every space launch lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vasukhani posted:

I've seen this as a top story on just about every mainstream news outlet. Total coincidence that these hate crimes against Asians are happening despite the media's totally sincere pleas of wanting to stop Asian hate

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

to be entirely clear the available historical evidence suggests that the printing press developed independently in both the west and the east with the first known metallic press being the jikji movable type and even the notion that gutenburg heard about east asian printing presses through the grapevine is really recent as far as i know there were no records indicating regular contact between china and europe before the dancing with jikji* people started bugging the vatican to confirm they have letters from this one priest who was known to be in china back then

however even given that caveat the documentary also goes into how while gutenburgs printing press is taught literally everywhere almost no one outside of korea has even heard of the jikji movable type or knew that the technology spread to china before europe and the excuses given for why this is the case are especially unconvincing like the dancing with jikji people go to the gutenburg museum and find out that even alleged gutenburg experts know about as little about gutenburgs origin story as anyone else knows about how where the jikji movable type came from we dont even know if gutenburg actually invented it himself or if he was even a real person

*a previous post referred to the title of this documentary as the jikji code because thats the name of the documentary in korean but they changed it to dancing with jikji in english for some reason
yah saying it looks like gutenberg or some dude in europe independently invented the printing press would be fine whether it turns out to be correct or not

saying they invented the printing press and not mentioning the hundred year prior precedent in east asia is white supremacist

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

and if the jikji wasnt that historically significant why is france hoarding it like loving gollum

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

I've seen this as a top story on just about every mainstream news outlet. Total coincidence that these hate crimes against Asians are happening despite the media's totally sincere pleas of wanting to stop Asian hate

At least with American rockets you know they're going to land on weddings or schools

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GioBenitez/status/1391236823217803268

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
everyone who left for BNR should've been perma'd

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

At least with American rockets you know they're going to land on weddings or schools

lol drat son

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
russia victory day parade gearing up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SiB6jrCHRc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol just saw a gloved hand reach out and grab a drink from the top of a tank

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

:blastu:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

At least with American rockets you know they're going to land on weddings

ask not for whom the bell tolls for

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i mean luna's the only reason an internet anarchist has gotten laid in the last decade, maybe they should lay off

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

liberals gonna liberal

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mantis42 posted:

i mean luna's the only reason an internet anarchist has gotten laid in the last decade, maybe they should lay off

Tacoma wept

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Vasukhani posted:

From what I've read, most space launches have these parts go through a controlled re-entry so they do actually hit the ocean. Hell, SpaceX is trying to get them to land for reuse, even if their track record is not great. You'd think an advanced country like China would seek a PR success and not risk it hitting Beijing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What's a luna and a black flag twitter? And they have strong opinions about the.....communist party of Vietnam?