Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1390716823834923011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Veeg is live!!!!! https://twitch.tv/videogamessa

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only played Mortal Shell for a couple of hours but the level design was such boring crap I have no desire to ever play it again. And the level of shamelessness with ripping off Souls was pretty off putting.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Has he gotten the prayer bead in the secret room of Ashina Castle? I seem to think he hasn't.

Lol he's on dad and it went about as perfectly as you would have hoped.

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 7, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I liked Mortal Shell, it felt like a good first effort. The weakest part about it by a mile is that starting area

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I quite liked Mortal Shell but I think I did the hardest part first (the area made out big obsidian cubes) and as a result I got my favourite weapon, Hammer and Chisel, first. If I had done it last like I think is intended, I may not have liked it as much.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
The funny thing is with Mortal Shell is once you actually do orient yourself to the starter area you realize how small it is, they did a good job with making it confusing to make it feel bigger.

I enjoyed it for $30 when it first came out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
BP showed up in the Veeg stream and is alive, btw!!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I tried like 30 minutes of stranded deep and you'd think if your entire game is based around walking around and picking stuff up to craft it you wouldn't make walking and picking things up more cumbersome than, say, Morrowind

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

Pwaise da Sun

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

kirbysuperstar posted:

god I loved my poison puking SK so much lmao

lol good luck

trip report: it was dumb, apparently there is a trophy to just do latte art for an hour so I'll do that last. It did make me want a nice cup of coffee though. [spoiler]Also you're a time traveler for some reason and it has an -All You Zombies- ending or something[/spoiler[

This is not the dumbest platinum I'll have, but near the lower end of the spectrum.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Pulcinella posted:

Yeah the map in Mortal Shell is one of the worst in video games. If you want to be real depressed, look up the %rate of the trophy you get for finding the level up lady. It is ridiculously low, even for a souls style game.

I was fighting the first boss before I found the tower with the lady. I enjoyed the game but it had some CRAZY weak parts

Volte posted:

I quite liked Mortal Shell but I think I did the hardest part first (the area made out big obsidian cubes) and as a result I got my favourite weapon, Hammer and Chisel, first. If I had done it last like I think is intended, I may not have liked it as much.

This is the low point of the game. The enemy design is pretty good (that guy dragging in that huge scepter) but there is too much of it and its way easier to run past everyone.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Ok thanks but which way do I go in Mortal Shell if I'm in the tower? Out the door again or through the tunnel?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

This was such a lovely surprise! As was Oscar appearing too :D

Was a great fight last night but I was right that I was zonked. As soon as I put the Digi5 into rest mode I drifted off on the sofa. Just exhausted. Going to relax all of today for some tough old Owl fighting!

I can still see his moves in my head and he really does not have that many in phase 1. (No idea what phase 2 will bring). So I should start to get very better!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anyone tried the Dark Alliance re-release yet? I really want to get it (can wait a bit) but I don't want to buy a PS2 game with something broken on release because of a bad port.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guillermus posted:

Anyone tried the Dark Alliance re-release yet? I really want to get it (can wait a bit) but I don't want to buy a PS2 game with something broken on release because of a bad port.

I am playing it right now and loving it. It is just how I remembered it being. :3:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Oscar Wild posted:

Ok thanks but which way do I go in Mortal Shell if I'm in the tower? Out the door again or through the tunnel?
You can do any of it in any order. If you want to find shells use the resting places to see a vision of where they are. If you want to find weapons they're all in the opening areas of the three dungeons, which are fairly obvious when you come across them because you load into a very different area.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I am playing it right now and loving it. It is just how I remembered it being. :3:
That's good! Last weekend I tried putting the PS2 version on my HFW PS3 and couldn't get it to work so this is good timing.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I never played the original so I have no idea or nostalgia for it. How does it hold up to modern games? I'm worried it might lack the level of fidelity or playability that I'm used to and I'll bounce off it because of that. Otherwise I'm very curious!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm going to buy it (probably on Switch) but mostly it just makes me long harder for the Norrath games

Also the trophy list is pretty lol

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

drat, I'll probably wait a bit towards the end of the month but definately gonna get it! I'm also sad that I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 on Xbox 360 but didn't do the same on PS4 before they pulled them from the store.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I never played the original so I have no idea or nostalgia for it. How does it hold up to modern games? I'm worried it might lack the level of fidelity or playability that I'm used to and I'll bounce off it because of that. Otherwise I'm very curious!

It is very old. I am not sure if I am forgiving of it because of nostalgia or not but in terms of how it plays think a much more basic diablo3. It looks old and it is missing qol things but I love it.

It has quite good controls even still but the camera distance is a little close so you might have trouble seeing what is ahead.

Also quite difficult too but enemies do not respawn.

I think I would wait for ps plus possibly or a sale if you have no love for this style of game but want to take a chance. If you do like diablo3 it is quite a bare bones version. Still the gameplay is why I really enjoy it :3:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I cant find bg dark alliance on uk psn for some reason? I saw vg playing it so i know its up but when i search its just not there, both on ps5 store and webstore

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people seem to be having that issue. Use the app.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guillermus posted:

drat, I'll probably wait a bit towards the end of the month but definately gonna get it! I'm also sad that I picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 on Xbox 360 but didn't do the same on PS4 before they pulled them from the store.

I still need to go back to them at some point. I was lucky enough to get them back in the day (been that way about a few pulled games).

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Oscar Wild posted:

I think if you go through the tunnel and hug the left wall for awhile you'll get to door thats lit by torches and you can go up into a different area.

Also the cave with the Grisha in fallgrim has like 4 tunnels that lets you quickly traverse Fallgrim. Its a sort of intermediary point to "fast" travel.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Thanks to the goons who told me my hdd was failing. Just put in a ssd and things are moving a lot better again.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Played some Divinity 2 today. Finally gave up on my spear guy warfare/polymorph character and respecced him for strength and gave him a two handed mace. Now he does twice as much damage! Why put spears in the game if they're utterly useless???

Then I played a little bit of disco elysium when the sister in law was around cuz I figured shed get a kick out of Cuno. I was right

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The usefulness of spears is in their superior range. If you have a high Finesse + Warfare character with Whirlwind, you can do ridiculous damage in a huge AOE. It's also good on your Huntsman characters when you need to clip melee dudes to get back to a comfortable shooting distance.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
why ever have weapons that arent hammer

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Because big rear end axes are superior weapons.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

The usefulness of spears is in their superior range. If you have a high Finesse + Warfare character with Whirlwind, you can do ridiculous damage in a huge AOE. It's also good on your Huntsman characters when you need to clip melee dudes to get back to a comfortable shooting distance.

Hmm yeah. I already have a warfare sword n board guy so my spear guy was mostly polymorph with a splash of warfare but polymorph doesn't scale very well with finesse :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Casnorf posted:

why ever have weapons that arent hammer

I think I've beaten all of Bloodborne with 5 separate char loadouts and the Kirkhammer one might have been my fav. It did so much poise damage (I didn't know what that was a the time) that you could just 2h hammer the winter lantern frenzy chicks out of their attack from 100% to dead with a huge stagger on every hit. They couldn't do anything, it owned. I think that'll be my next build if Bloodborne ever gets a ps5 update/pc release (I'm still holdin out for something)

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I think I've beaten all of Bloodborne with 5 separate char loadouts and the Kirkhammer one might have been my fav. It did so much poise damage (I didn't know what that was a the time) that you could just 2h hammer the winter lantern frenzy chicks out of their attack from 100% to dead with a huge stagger on every hit. They couldn't do anything, it owned. I think that'll be my next build if Bloodborne ever gets a ps5 update/pc release (I'm still holdin out for something)
Hang on for that Bluepoint remake on PS6.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Akuma posted:

Hang on for that Bluepoint remake on PS6.

At that point I hope it'll be easier to just emulate it on a PC :smithicide:

While I'm still on it, I haven't pulled this vid out in a few years but the kirkhammer has a follow-up baseball swing charged R2 attack that I think most people don't know about

https://i.imgur.com/mRbr3NJ.mp4

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

At that point I hope it'll be easier to just emulate it on a PC :smithicide:

While I'm still on it, I haven't pulled this vid out in a few years but the kirkhammer has a follow-up baseball swing charged R2 attack that I think most people don't know about

https://i.imgur.com/mRbr3NJ.mp4
I feel like Ludwig's has a very similar (if not the same) move?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Akuma posted:

I feel like Ludwig's has a very similar (if not the same) move?

Ludwig’s is a thrust attack.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know this is incredibly boring but I can’t imagine using a weapon other than the Saw Cleaver. It’s just so cool and fast and it fucks enemies up so good. I find it so much fun to use even now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best charge up attack is the stake driver but you don't get a lot of chances to use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Guillermus posted:

Because big rear end axes are superior weapons.

an axe is just a sharp hammer