Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

rannum posted:

I've been enjoying new mark trail over all, and even when the art can get wonky i find it at least charming

but the hand in the final panel is physically killing me

That hand looks like it was guest-drawn by the ghost of Dick Locher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderhulk

1979 comics
Yes, this is definitely a case for the small child.

Locher Tracy

'everyone around him is insisting I've got the wrong person, but I'm a cop who's decided he's guilty, so I must arrest him.'

Origins of the Sunday Comics

The Lockhorns

Footrot Flats

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Will Anderson was that guy who would microwave leftover fish right next to your desk. May he rot in hell.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Thank god I'm not the first or only one to mention THE HAND.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait, did the doctor guy in mary worth not... tell the lady he'd been called in to work and had to cancel?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

This is what's known in the industry as Big Dick Locher Energy.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Zereth posted:

Wait, did the doctor guy in mary worth not... tell the lady he'd been called in to work and had to cancel?

he left her a voicemail! she's just flipping out anyway!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Julet Esqu posted:

Mary Worth is always at its best when somebody is having a ridiculous freakout.

Agreed. From December 2010:

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä (June 27, 1992)

"Negro Kiss" (neekerinsuukko) was the Finnish name for a confection related to Israeli krembo. The name was changed to Brunberg Kiss (after the manufacturer) in 2001.

Oh. :smith:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I was just about to link that exact video in response until I quoted this post and saw the url already attached to the image.

My favorite part is during the commentary for that sketch, they mentioned it was also kind of a joke on the audience because the audience had to sit there the entire time they were putting the thimbles back on the shelves before the sketch could continue, and you can definitely hear the laughter getting weaker each time he knocks them over.

Haifisch posted:

Yes, this is definitely a case for the small child.

It sounds to me like Encyclopedia should just not solve the riddle and let the money go to charity. Unless this is some sort of double fake out and the real will says "Sorry you idiots still aren't getting the money, it's still all going to charity."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There is no escape from Mämmilä.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Powered Descent posted:

Agreed. From December 2010:

This will always be the high-water mark for me in Mary Worth freakouts :allears: .

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The only really decent Mary Worth storyline was the one where her stalker died.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Nov. 10th, 1940

Oh, ok.

Axa

Edit: Who knew Gordon Freeman would get into myrmecology in his old age?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set hasn't aged well.

Working Daze could have been worse.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix looks back.

Cul De Sac is a very good question.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

readingatwork posted:

Old School Peanuts (Sep 14-15, 1952)

Hands down my favorite Baby Lucy strip. She was doing so well until that one moment that she wasn't.

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (October 4, 1933)

Peanuts (May 10-11, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

COVIDshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 7-8, 1937)

Out Our Way (July 30-August 1, 1936; spoilered for an Ick joke)

Toonerville Folks (July 26-28, 1917)

Dok's "An Angle The Marquis of Queensbury Never Had To Deal With" Duck (August 5, 1913)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

BSS: Batman's Scrappy Sidekick › Comic Strips 2021: But goons is almost hooman

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Saw this, was compelled to find out if it works in reverse.

Hmm, nope, not quite as good. Though in retrospect, who wouldn't have predicted that Hulk dialogue is more interesting than anything from Mary Worth.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Drimble Wedge posted:

BSS: Batman's Scrappy Sidekick › Comic Strips 2021: But goons is almost hooman

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Quick and dirty, but avatar-sized.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

This one reminds me of A Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking, which is quite a good book.

Get Fuzzy 5/7/01

Brenda Starr 6/9/46

If you weren't reading last thread, Everett Diggin pitched woo at Brenda a few years back and, finding her uninterested, dated her cousin Abretha instead.

Smokey Stover 1/5/41

Happy foo year!

Richard's Poor Almanac

Lauch Faircloth was a right-wing senator from North Carolina who made himself unpopular in DC by meddling in home rule issues. (Under the Constitution, Congress is supposed to govern the federal district; while Congress allows DC residents to elect their own mayor and council, they can -- and do -- overrule decisions made by the city government. Stuff like legalizing pot, expanding LGBTQ partner rights, and setting up clean needle exchanges has had to struggle through interference from Congressfolks who don't live here and don't particularly give a poo poo about the city.)

Selachian fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 9, 2021

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

No new Rae the Doe on weekends!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Has Monty been a scientist this entire time? My first thought was that this was a one-off gag, but it actually would make a lot of sense even if it was under referenced. By contrast, I know Moondog is an art museum guard because gags involving the art museum come up reasonably often.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

Kennel fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 9, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kennel posted:

Cruel Little Stories

t:mad:

Classic Kevin & Kell (March 19-25, 2001)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Well that was bizarre- https://www.plan9.org redirected to https://www.forum77.com and I had to finish two captchas to get to a website that's down. How was it able to ask me for a captcha to gain access if the website itself isn't functional?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Harvey Dent nods approvingly, or Chalk up yet more horses to Blueberry's kill coun- wait, what?!, or DUN-DUN-DUH!!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

Well that was bizarre- https://www.plan9.org redirected to https://www.forum77.com and I had to finish two captchas to get to a website that's down. How was it able to ask me for a captcha to gain access if the website itself isn't functional?
It's probably using a DDOS prevention service like Cloudflare.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

But there's no website to access. There isn't anything to protect.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The page saying "hey do you want to buy this?" is still a website itself, which will be bulk hosted by someone who definitely won't want excess traffic driving up the typically nil cost of keeping an advertisement up just in case someone wants to buy forum77.com from them.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Huh. I see that now, but when I looked at it before I didn't get anything at all. It just didn't load. Might have something to do with my using my phone instead of the computer this time. Didn't have to do the captchas either.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "45 - Jucika's Christmas"

"Jucika Prepares for a Ball"

"The sign reads 'Costume mandatory'."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kennel posted:

Cruel Little Stories

Coming soon: one parent, confused about daughter's estrangement.