Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo Blaston is no joke. I played for like a half an hour tonight and I am blown the gently caress up. Also I got to gold ranking in that 30 minutes so if that free copy when you hit platinum thing is on the table that seems incredibly obtainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

explosivo posted:

Holy poo poo Blaston is no joke. I played for like a half an hour tonight and I am blown the gently caress up. Also I got to gold ranking in that 30 minutes so if that free copy when you hit platinum thing is on the table that seems incredibly obtainable.

Yeah, it’s extremely fun and a solid workout. More people should play it, it’s only $10.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
So someone earlier linked to the Skyrim VR modding guide here. It's been fantastic and despite buying Skyrim a fifth time (literally) just to experience this, it has made me want to try Fallout 4 VR. Is there a similar guide for modding Fallout4 in VR at all?

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

DelphiAegis posted:

So someone earlier linked to the Skyrim VR modding guide here. It's been fantastic and despite buying Skyrim a fifth time (literally) just to experience this, it has made me want to try Fallout 4 VR. Is there a similar guide for modding Fallout4 in VR at all?

I have not tried this, but it was the best I could find when I was doing some light searching the other day. FO4VR modding seems to be nowhere near as advanced as SkyrimVR unfortunately.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Enderzero posted:

Yeah, it’s extremely fun and a solid workout. More people should play it, it’s only $10.

I also like that everyone I faced was not a shithead. All of my matches ended with like thumbs up and clapping and everybody reacting to nice shots or tight matches made it pretty easy to do one more match.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

My VR setup (index) is in a different room from my PC, and it’d be cool if someone at the PC could talk to the person in VR without shouting around a couple corners. Any thoughts on how I could set the thing up so that audio from a PC headset mic gets played on the HMD and audio from the HMD mic gets played on the PC headset?

Like, I can almost do it with something like Voicemod where I can set the headset as the source and the HMD as the output and then turn on Hear Myself, but that’s only one way. Obviously this would need to work over top of whatever else is being run, but that doesn’t seem to bother Voicemod normally, so surely there’s a way?

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Voicemeeter would work for that, I think.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Ive had my Oculus 2 for about a week now and my favorite thing so far is Echo VR arena. The zero g movement is really neat and as for the game itself, its just lots of fun.

Ive played about 10-15 pub games and while im not good I am having a blast. Its so close to being "Battle School" from Enders Game

Pavlovs Shack is fun but the two handed guns seem hard to use but ive only spent about 20 minutes playing

Im tempted to get Climb next.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Enderzero posted:

You guys will see more of it too. Nice to see the thread liking it, projects with it coming funny enough. :D

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

Desdinova posted:

Tempted to ask Dr. Beef for a ROTT port

edit: and Duke and Blood and Shadow Warrior

hes supposed to be working on quake3 apparently, i assume the multiplayer component because he ported the engine itself already in rtcw

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It looks like there was just a large Tales of Glory update released with procedural dungeons and new combat. Can anyone in this thread who owns it give a trip report? I've had it in my wishlist for a while now.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm continuing to play the old games i had pending.

Now it's Edge of Nowhere. The first thing I notice is that it looks pretty bad? Clearly low resolution. I had to use the oculusDebugTool to increase the pixel density to 1.4, as there was no graphical options nor .ini files. It seems it was designed around CV1 and no thought was spent of future headsets. Once that's fixed, the third person perspective is interesting. All the other 3rd person VR games I had played until now had you with a slightly farther away camera, where the character looks more like a toy to the player. This one the camera is much closer, and the scale of things is such that you play from the perspective or a invisible companion to the main character, he looks like having a correct human scale.

For now I will say the game suffers for being rushed, you don't know who you are nor what you were doing traveling in Antartica when you are suddenly thrown into the action. No setup.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Demeo is officially a success. This is the CEO of the company

$500K in 48 hours.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

Demeo is officially a success. This is the CEO of the company

$500K in 48 hours.

Wondering what portion of that is Quest sales.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

EbolaIvory posted:

You guys will see more of it too. Nice to see the thread liking it, projects with it coming funny enough. :D

I’m excited to hear that even though I’m not 100% sure how to parse your post! The community is pretty wholesome, it’s nice. The discord has top players on it and they’re really good about not being imperious dicks.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I don't see the appeal to Demeos, but also ive never gotten a chance to play Dnd either

Isn't the whole point of DnD to use your imagination? why make it look like a board game? And you dont do any of the fighting? you just stand there and punk down cards and stuff?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
A lot of D&D is tactical combat. It was originally a wargame that added RP to explain why all these scenarios were occurring.

A lot of modern criticism of D&D is that it holds too much on to those roots and doesn't do enough with the storytelling aspects that have since evolved in the rpg space.

So this game kind of feels like a refinement of that style of D&D. Get together with friends to have fun smashing skeletons.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Enderzero posted:

I’m excited to hear that even though I’m not 100% sure how to parse your post! The community is pretty wholesome, it’s nice. The discord has top players on it and they’re really good about not being imperious dicks.

They really wanna push the game in a few directions and I work in the space. Really nice guys, Used to work with one of them when they worked somewhere else, yadda yadda they have big plans for blaston.

I dunno how much they publicly talk, and lots of "frieNDAs" ya know?

Basically the new game they launched, isn't going to take the focus from the blasty boizzz

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I will say i would be more inclined to play a D&D kind of game if i did not have to use paper and math and could just jump in w/o having to do homework ahead of time crafting a orangutan mage on my piece of paper

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I will say i would be more inclined to play a D&D kind of game if i did not have to use paper and math and could just jump in w/o having to do homework ahead of time crafting a orangutan mage on my piece of paper

Try Lancer Rpg. It has a character creator that handles all the homework, and increasingly all the math too. But less mages and more giant loving robots

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The advantage of something like Demeo in VR I think is having a tier above video chat in terms of the social experience. So it's not that it's better than D&D or whatever, but it'll probably be closer to a D&D like experience you could get without VR. The feeling that you're across the table from someone is extremely good, and you can only really get that in real life or to a lesser degree VR.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

—what kind of robot now?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If Demeo turns out to be PokerstarsVR for dnd, I’m so loving in.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

—what kind of robot now?

Giant, the middle word was for emphasis. But then again the Horus group are freaky...

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 9, 2021

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

EbolaIvory posted:

They really wanna push the game in a few directions and I work in the space. Really nice guys, Used to work with one of them when they worked somewhere else, yadda yadda they have big plans for blaston.

I dunno how much they publicly talk, and lots of "frieNDAs" ya know?

Basically the new game they launched, isn't going to take the focus from the blasty boizzz

I thought I saw Demeo was by the same group, they definitely seem like a great bunch. Super responsive and always tweaking and adding to Blaston in smart ways. I appreciate the vague hyping of what’s to come, though they’ve won me over enough already that I didn’t even assume they would abandon Blaston. Glad Demeo is off to a great start, they deserve it!

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Hey I just got an Oculus 2 and I'm looking for VR fitness and golf games. It's hard parsing reviews, so I thought I'd ask here.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

.Ataraxia. posted:

I have not tried this, but it was the best I could find when I was doing some light searching the other day. FO4VR modding seems to be nowhere near as advanced as SkyrimVR unfortunately.

Yeah that’s the current “best” FO4VR mod list.

I put best in quotes because on the one hand it’s literally the best mod pack for getting a stable roll up of the best performance/visuals/immersion stuff. It also has a couple unique author created mods that address game mechanics that worked fine in pancake but are annoying as hell in VR.

On the other hand, the author is highly opinionated about how she likes to play Fallout in VR and refuses to release a vanilla version so you’re gonna be stuck in Survival mode (but at least can manually save) and can’t really rip out some cosmetic/gameplay mods without the whole thing going to poo poo. Also there was some weird discord/Reddit/who cares drama recently and end result she pulled her mods down and seems to be possibly abandoning the list entirely?

Idk my advice would be to test it out and make sure you’re really happy with the gameplay changing stuff before you get too invested in a character. Personally I enjoy 80% of what she changed but if you want a pure FO4 experience, this ain’t it.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It looks like there was just a large Tales of Glory update released with procedural dungeons and new combat. Can anyone in this thread who owns it give a trip report? I've had it in my wishlist for a while now.

Tales of Glory is OK. The combat's no Blade & Sorcery but it works. The concept of VR Mount and Blade is there but it's very vanilla and a bit more structured; you kind of have a goal of sorts, I think!? Not much is very well communicated to you.

The game's writing is fairly juvenile, with "funny" discord quotes on loading screens. During some of the single-missions you can get, like sneaking through a camp or something, some anachronistic voice clips that I'm sure the dev finds utterly hysterical play (Such as a California stoner dude sounding voice saying "Wait, wait, wait.....there's GOOD cholesterol??" Every, five, seconds...), so if stuff like that turns you off, it might be a pass.

I don't think it's bad or anything, but there are some rough spots, for sure.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I don't see the appeal to Demeos, but also ive never gotten a chance to play Dnd either

Isn't the whole point of DnD to use your imagination? why make it look like a board game? And you dont do any of the fighting? you just stand there and punk down cards and stuff?

Demeo isn't really trying to capture D&D, it's trying to capture board game dungeons crawlers in particular (so the D&D Adventure System, Warhammer Quest, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, games like that). Those games tend to be almost exclusively combat-oriented, frequently have some form of dungeon randomization, are usually played with pre-set characters, and have very strict rules that aren't meant to be open to interpretation. The fun of them comes from the social aspect and the depth / difficulty of combat rather than from any form of open-ended role playing and story telling like you'd find in standard D&D or Pathfinder.

Basically, they're the board game equivalents of Diablo, not the board game equivalents of Fallout: New Vegas.

In that sense, the thing that makes VR cool is that the presence of other players and the physicality of actually moving the pieces and rolling the dice is a large part of the appeal of the board games, and VR is the only medium that really comes close to capturing that.

anothergod posted:

Hey I just got an Oculus 2 and I'm looking for VR fitness and golf games. It's hard parsing reviews, so I thought I'd ask here.

Neither are exactly what you asked for, but Thrill of the Fight is an absolutely fantastic workout, and Walkabout Mini Golf is... well, mini golf done exceptionally well.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

anothergod posted:

I find Pistol Whip on the harder difficulties to be quite intense fitness-wise. I'm not exactly fit though...

Here's a vid on a fitness dude trying out Thrill of the Fight. His conclusion is that it can deliver a pretty good work-out.

https://youtu.be/-fKpJ-hKbiE?t=459

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Demeo is very good. I'm already looking forward to new content.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Leathal posted:

Yeah that’s the current “best” FO4VR mod list.

I put best in quotes because on the one hand it’s literally the best mod pack for getting a stable roll up of the best performance/visuals/immersion stuff. It also has a couple unique author created mods that address game mechanics that worked fine in pancake but are annoying as hell in VR.

On the other hand, the author is highly opinionated about how she likes to play Fallout in VR and refuses to release a vanilla version so you’re gonna be stuck in Survival mode (but at least can manually save) and can’t really rip out some cosmetic/gameplay mods without the whole thing going to poo poo. Also there was some weird discord/Reddit/who cares drama recently and end result she pulled her mods down and seems to be possibly abandoning the list entirely?

Idk my advice would be to test it out and make sure you’re really happy with the gameplay changing stuff before you get too invested in a character. Personally I enjoy 80% of what she changed but if you want a pure FO4 experience, this ain’t it.

This mod list was done by somebody who clearly lives and breathes FO4 and knows everything about it and still wanted a bit of a challenge. If you try it, I highly recommend going into the options and tuning down the randomly spawning patrols and such. I also gave myself a bunch of perks and had a reasonably 'ok' time, but most of the time it was basically 'oh a patrol appeared that had guns and instantly killed me, fun'.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Twibbit posted:

Try Lancer Rpg. It has a character creator that handles all the homework, and increasingly all the math too. But less mages and more giant loving robots

So are these robots that are loving huge or huge robots that gently caress?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

The question we should be asking is if WE can gently caress the (potentially giant) robots

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Form was comically short. Really pretty but mostly the puzzles were just "monkey push button" levels of complexity, but they were still entertaining enough to go through. For $15, I expected it to go on longer: 0.8 hours and it would appear the game has completed, unless I missed something really big. I did love the way the puzzles manifested in front of me, unfolding from within themselves, recombining, constantly changing. It was fascinating to watch. Still, could do with some better story development, or like, any. Probably little to no replay here. 8/10 for visual interest, 5/10 for gameplay, and 3/10 for content.

Tea For God is just as crazy as one would think. An infinite non-euclidean maze of twisting corridors and passageways, crammed into whatever space I provide it? Heck yeah. Looking forward to more of this and learning to better navigate this place. Wish the graphics were less lo-fi but for the low low price of "free" I'm definitely on board. Super jelly of people who get to play this one wirelessly. Would love to set up on an empty basketball court or something. The cramped corridors work well for the aesthetic, and while the system of utilities you find out there is at first a little confounding, the on-screen guidance combined with a very little bit of experimentation leads to it all making sense in fairly short order. 7/10 for visual interest, 7/10 for gameplay (admittedly, I didn't get real far), 5?/10 for content (guessing this could suffer the curse of many procedural games, unsure). Extra 10/10 for novelty.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Any suggested mods for Payday 2 vr? Like a mod to let me bind crouch to a button?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Kikas posted:

Any suggested mods for Payday 2 vr? Like a mod to let me bind crouch to a button?

You can do that universally in SteamVR games with OVR Advanced Settings using player height adjust toggle.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

BrainDance posted:

I remember late 90s Disney World having DisneyQuest I think, an arcade that had VR. It was some light saber group thing. I kinda remember being not as impressed as I thought I would be, but drat I wish there was a way to go back and play that again on a modern headset.

:eng101: Disneyquest had a couple of VR attractions. There was a flying carpet one where you flew through Agrabah, and "Ride The Comix," where you had a motion sensing controller and lightsabered the poo poo out of some people. The first one was a seated experience with a custom yoke for controls, the second was a standing experience where they strapped people to a board so they wouldn't lean forward and fall off the platform, which was above a multi-story atrium.

The HMDs were two parts - you put on a lining while you were waiting, then when it was your turn, the HMD (which was so heavy the weight was supported by a contraption) would click onto it. Not dissimilar to the set up that Universal Japan is using for the Mario Kart AR attraction.

They do give off excellent turn of the millennium vibes, though. Like seeing giant cell phones.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 9, 2021

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Boxman posted:

They do give off excellent turn of the millennium vibes, though. Like seeing giant cell phones.

It's kinda crazy that they continued to use those until 2016 when they closed the whole thing down.

Strong 3d head vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Those headsets keep making me think of