Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

homeless snail posted:

now what if they were puppeteering an anime girl

Everyone always talks about anime girls, but it's anime boys who really bring the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

stream cool old video games and don't be obnoxious to listen to and i'll probably watch you

watching someone play dreamcast fishing games with the rod controller atm :cheers:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 8, 2021

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
gonna get way into streaming doom wads from my giant to-do list

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Katty! posted:

the okumura fight in persona 5 royal sucks so bad lol, this was nowhere near as obnoxious in the base game

wuggles posted:

I'm right before this and I'm not looking forward to it

Here's how to win it for free

crank the difficulty up to max, exploiting weaknesses does like 3x damage so you instakill almost every enemy in that fight

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

crank the difficulty up to max, exploiting weaknesses does like 3x damage so you instakill almost every enemy in that fight
Here's how to win it on normal for free

use your items to get a 4x Baton Pass and end with a Power/Mind Charge Joker attack, the difficulty of that fight is way overblown

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

hm you should not quote posts if you don't intend to read the spoilers, oh well

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there any way to remove announcements from the user control panel

i don't wanna write for the front page

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there any way to remove announcements from the user control panel

i don't wanna write for the front page
yes you do

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

drat i was really feeling this list until daisy inexplicably lower than peach... daisy's dress is yellow, the objectively best colour just FYI

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Khanstant posted:

drat i was really feeling this list until daisy inexplicably lower than peach... daisy's dress is yellow, the objectively best colour just FYI

what the gently caress is rosalina doing down there

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rosalina is the only Mario with an actual backstory. Deserves B at least

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stev posted:

Even when it's someone I already like like Limmy or Sterling I've never been able to sit through more than twenty minutes of a stream at a time. My brain can't latch on to it.

I am very lucky in that some goons have stuck with me through 6-7 hour streams some weekends.

It helps that I alternate wildly between doing silly cool things in from games while being so awful that I forget to heal or what buttons do which during boss fights.

I am immensely grateful to those who have stuck with me over the last few months :3:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unbeatable refuses to launch for me :rip:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Living up to the name

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Another funny Persona 5 thing. People really think this one politician is trustworthy and charismatic despite him having the biggest sneering villain voice of all time.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaius Marius posted:

Living up to the name

woah

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Pwnstar posted:

Another funny Persona 5 thing. People really think this one politician is trustworthy and charismatic despite him having the biggest sneering villain voice of all time.

have you seen tv

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

have you seen tv

now you listen here jack

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

wuggles posted:

what the gently caress is rosalina doing down there

to be fair, if i hadnt played mario galaxys, id believe if someone told me rosalina was just peach in her nightgown outfit. on a tier list id reckon they should just overlap, but with rosalindas box being slightly larger behind

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

wuggles posted:

now you listen here jack

Compiling a list of quotes from both candidates that are worse than anything the villain of Persona 5 says and running into a wall because my notebook can only hold so much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A reminder that Persona 5's primary political critique is aimed at the Japanese LDP, and for all the evil they've done, it pales in comparison to the apocalyptic garbage elementals that incarnate 99% of American politicians throughout history

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A reminder that Persona 5's primary political critique is aimed at the Japanese LDP, and for all the evil they've done, it pales in comparison to the apocalyptic garbage elementals that incarnate 99% of American politicians throughout history

A significant amount of the LDP's evil is the direct result of American intervention, even!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshio_Kodama

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Based on the caliber of internet that goons like to stream, they’d loving loathe me. Solo TTRPGs and bitter, angry ranting interspersed with watching stupid videos. Tho I’ll prolly stream FJF this year or something.

homeless snail posted:

now what if they were puppeteering an anime girl

You can throw a rock and hit at least one VTuber and they’ll still do a hundred times better than you can, why bother?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So, there are some parts of Spider Man PS4 that really hit different in 2021.

The police as an unquestioned good is definitely one of them, but that's nothing compared to the endgame (spoilers, obvs) where a pandemic is unleashed, the streets are deserted, the city is wracked with civil unrest, and a truly terrifying number of people refuse to practice proper PPE protocol, including beloved main characters, one of whom dies from it. :shepface:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
thats gotta become part of apocalypse fiction moving forward. i love that even with a bajillion zombie movies desperately trying to set themselves apart from all the others never to icnlude swathes of the public who just choose to be deliberately ignorant about the zombie plague and go around getting bitten to own the libs.

If they remake Twister they need people who just sprint towards the tornado bragging about how they aren't scared of wind and how oppressive it is to be asked to seek shelter

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Huh, funny to see Spider-Man posted. I just beat it earlier today; it has been sitting on my console for two years with a save game at 85% completion. I finally turned it back on and was able to get to the credits within an hour. I think I got burnt out trying to do Taskmaster challenges and collecting stuff. It was fun even if a lot of the urgency and momentum was sucked out of the experience just because I barely remembered the plot points going into it, and I had to relearn the controls at a period where the game expects you to have mastery over the system.

Oh well, that's 63 gigs freed up. Now to finish Mad Max or some other low-hanging fruit to free up more space. I feel like Desperados 3 takes up a ton of space but I loved the game so much I just want to believe I'll go back and do the copious side content one day.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

I am very lucky in that some goons have stuck with me through 6-7 hour streams some weekends.

It helps that I alternate wildly between doing silly cool things in from games while being so awful that I forget to heal or what buttons do which during boss fights.

I am immensely grateful to those who have stuck with me over the last few months :3:

Its nice watching someone stream where the chat isn't moving a billion miles a second. And I'm a sucker for watching people play souls blind.

I'll probably pop on from time to time even for other games at this point though, you've got me hooked :cheeky:

Pollyanna posted:

I have determined that streaming is a sucker’s game and the market is supersaturated. God help you if you especially don’t have the tech and gimmick for it.

Yeah as with music and movies and modeling and so on, lots of people want to do it but only a few people can get those successful famous positions and make tons of money, everybody else struggles

Relax Or DIE posted:

gonna get way into streaming doom wads from my giant to-do list

That is a very cool idea for sure, post your stream in the doom wad club

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 9, 2021

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

beat Pokemon Snap, and am probably going to put it down after looking at the literal 150 requests i have not completed

good game though :unsmith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Played seven hours of Nioh 1 - got the full red demon set and finished all side missions in Kanki.
Can I go play Nioh 2 yet?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Everyone keeps saying Persona 5 is a critique of the LDP but the plot of the game is its a new political power sweeping into office so it kind of comes off as LDP are fine, change bad.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Barudak posted:

Everyone keeps saying Persona 5 is a critique of the LDP but the plot of the game is its a new political power sweeping into office so it kind of comes off as LDP are fine, change bad.

suspiciously also the plot of (minor spoiler?)yakuza like a dragon

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Admittedly both of them are pretty clearly critical of right populist upstart parties. Which uh seems like a reasonable reaction to the events of the last ten years globally. Persona 5 is still appallingly centrist in some lovely ways but that part of it I'm not too down on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My sympathetic read of their critique (which also applies to the game in spoiler tags) is that they rightly identify the establishment's entrenched corruption and inability to help people as a source of resentment in the general population which leads them to turn to the guy who says he can change everything even if he's clearly a duplicitous fraud. The failures of the establishment are what make these crises continually recur (Persona 5 Strikers has a couple plotlines which focus on this) and also ensnare and compromise any people who want to reform and do good from within.

Of course since it's a video game this systemic problem gets solved by a heroic band of adventurers beating up God which is not likely to be the real-world solution

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Khanstant posted:

to be fair, if i hadnt played mario galaxys, id believe if someone told me rosalina was just peach in her nightgown outfit. on a tier list id reckon they should just overlap, but with rosalindas box being slightly larger behind

Peach in a nightgown would be S tier my friend

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 9, 2021

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If me and my friends from school murdered God in front of all of America my mom would ground me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Of course since it's a video game this systemic problem gets solved by a heroic band of adventurers beating up God which is not likely to be the real-world solution

It's not? drat it!

*tears adventurers wanted ad in half*

I'd even found where the dream world intersects with the realm of the creator, too.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I showed my 9 year old nephew Cities Skylines and was very disappointed in him when he prioritised building the police station before the firestation.

It was fun to watch him figure out "pollution bad. Cars ineffective transportation" and so on though

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've been playing Pokémon Snap since it came out, working with friends to solve all the requests and get all the photos. Just last night we finally finished getting 100% on the first island.

It's a big game!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I didn't stick with Pokémon past Gen 1, so despite enjoying the first Snap, I just don't think I'd be into this one because there's like a thousand Pokémon now and I don't even know most of their names. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Spergatory posted:

I didn't stick with Pokémon past Gen 1, so despite enjoying the first Snap, I just don't think I'd be into this one because there's like a thousand Pokémon now and I don't even know most of their names. :shrug:

why does :shrug: have yellow arms now

I hate it!!!