Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Man, people need a better understanding of where to stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
But if you're on the downhill side and it rolls you can help catch it :thunk:

doppler
Jul 10, 2006
Motor CIty Machine Music
47,5 hours on the Husqvarna TE150i, piston time.

I need to remove the tank more often.

I'm starting to doubt the merits of a fuel injected two-stroke more and more. Sure It's great not having to premix and worry about jetting, but it does add so much complexity to the engine.
Just getting this rat's nest clean took me an afternoon.

Seems like a lot of carbon build-up for not even 50 hours? Maybe I just need to start riding faster.

Mounting the cylinder with only two hands and the engine still in the frame is always fun.

And after getting everything back together, this is what happened:

https://imgur.com/EKpstwB

Would not run more than about a second, cold start fueling or normal, same result. Thought I had hosed up something major.
But after removing the power valve linkage, pushing the control flap down manually and then putting the linkage back on it seems fine?

https://imgur.com/aWdb7VK

I want to say it's idling kinda rough still, but I might just be a bit paranoid at this point.

doppler fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 10, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Today I learned that Husqvarna makes a 150, 250 and 300cc two stroke motor with fuel injection???

Color me impressed

Boutta change the title to “Wow Husqvarnas”

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

What on god's green earth is going on here

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

*ktm

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Shelvocke posted:

Sometimes people really wash their bikes. No, I don’t get it either.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

you mean when I ride in the rain?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Put some new mirrors on the 690 so I can actually see whats behind me instead of a blurry mess + mirrors that stay in place

Before:

After:

Haven't ridden with them on yet. They seem very sturdy but will take some time to acclimate to the mirrors themselves, seemed to be a bit of distortion in the image compared to the OEM.

doppler
Jul 10, 2006
Motor CIty Machine Music

Shelvocke posted:

Two-stroking in the 21st century.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Do we have a goon-pinion on which 300 two stroke enduro style bike is the way to go right now?

I haven't ridden a motorcycle in 4 years but I feel the wheel of time has made its journey

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

BlackMK4 posted:

Do we have a goon-pinion on which 300 two stroke enduro style bike is the way to go right now?

I haven't ridden a motorcycle in 4 years but I feel the wheel of time has made its journey

New?

KTM/Husky/GasGas for tpi, beta or some folks like Sherco for carbs. Dirt bike prices are pretty crazy though.

fwiw, I just bought a ktm but 250.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, new.

I was planning on the KTM XC-W, but then I saw some reviews that said the GasGas was nicer in some ways and saw it is a little over a grand cheaper. I don't really have a pet brand so I'm kinda open to what makes the most sense.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

BlackMK4 posted:

Yeah, new.

I was planning on the KTM XC-W, but then I saw some reviews that said the GasGas was nicer in some ways and saw it is a little over a grand cheaper. I don't really have a pet brand so I'm kinda open to what makes the most sense.

Linkage vs pds seems like whether you’re riding over stuff a lot and scraping the skid plate or jumping but I honestly don’t think there’s much difference between them vs getting your suspension revalved. I’d rather have the brembo than the braktec stuff, but not $1000 worth. I’ve seen posts from dudes saying the GG is slightly less quality in some components but honestly don’t know if that’s just people talking poo poo on Facebook or real. Husky is more expensive but it’s not substantively better, IMO.

Having written it all out, I’d get the GasGas and then spend the extra grand on suspension.

Probably worth checking out beta and sherco too. I like this guy’s channel a lot and he does a nice comparison of the ktm vs sherco. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YeMcJiNgZME

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Thank you, I'll check the video out and see if I can wrangle up a demo ride or two from local dealers. :)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

two strokes are so sick. I am glad you're planning on buying one. whenever I am back in OR I plan to get a 300 2t of some type

dema
Aug 13, 2006

North Idaho is pretty great.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

it’s excellent country. I thoroughly loved passing through on my way to banff

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
gorgeous country, too bad about the white supremacists

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
And the drug laws

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
The joke is that I can't tell if you guys are talking about Idaho specifically or America in general

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Heh.

Aryan Nations was founded in north Idaho back in the early 70s, racist poo poo like this still pops up there not infrequently.

I can't speak to the drug laws in Idaho but both Oregon and Washington have legal weed so it can't be that hard to get. When I was in Oregon 4 years ago even the little farm towns out in the sticks had dispensaries.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

now you can get everything else (not legally, but not illegally (decriminalized)) there too! greatest state in the union!!

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, there's like, zero ethnic diversity up there.

For sure wouldn't go ride by myself in the mountains if I were black. First day, only saw two humans in over two hours of riding. Couple rednecks, sitting on ATVs and drinking beer. Generally nice and helpful when I stopped and chatted with them, but they got a bit judgy when they heard I was up from Denver.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

dema posted:

They wanna keep it this way too.

Which fine, I'll stay the gently caress out. No skin off my back.

When we all work together, everybody prospers. You want this? ok, suck my dick from the back.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dema posted:

For sure wouldn't go ride by myself in the mountains if I were black. First day, only saw two humans in over two hours of riding. Couple rednecks, sitting on ATVs and drinking beer. Generally nice and helpful when I stopped and chatted with them, but they got a bit judgy when they heard I was up from Denver.

This sounds like New England. To be fair, I also judge you for being from Denver.

White guys on ATVs drinking beer doesn't mean they're a lynching party.

cursedshitbox posted:

When we all work together, everybody prospers. You want this? ok, suck my dick from the back.

Internet user winds himself up, posts unhinged comment about ??? in unrelated thread.

Yall need jesus

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Yesterday I perfected my torque limited traction control device:

Fortunately I had a few spares in the garage. I wondered what that chain slapping noise was.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

This sounds like New England. To be fair, I also judge you for being from Denver.

White guys on ATVs drinking beer doesn't mean they're a lynching party.
Internet user winds himself up, posts unhinged comment about ??? in unrelated thread.

Yall need jesus

I think even in the most racist ruralest parts of new england a person of color broken down on a trail would get assistance, if just to get them out of town and move along

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Yall need jesus

Reading comprehension is hard aint it.

lets try that again.

Jazzzzz posted:

Heh.

Aryan Nations was founded in north Idaho back in the early 70s, racist poo poo like this still pops up there not infrequently.

dema posted:

cursedshitbox posted:

Which yeah this could sound unhinged if I were a cishet white techbro. However I am not.

I grew up in this bullshit country with a racial slur for a name because of where my mother and I came from. Want to make your isolationist podunk sundown-town great again? by all means, go for it. I'll visit when it becomes a ghost town like so many others in the history of this country.

500excf type r posted:

I think even in the most racist ruralest parts of new england a person of color broken down on a trail would get assistance, if just to get them out of town and move along

Yep. Which is how 'sundown towns' got their name. I spent a few years living in one out of force, not by choice, hence the fun primary school nicknames that won't be repeated here.

Lastly, Jesus? Yeah I swore that off too. Besides the religion I was raised with does not jive with the predominant religion in this country. Especially post 9/11.

Anyfuckingway. I wasn't gonna touch the poo but here we are. I have no dirtbike content to help offset this derail.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Somewhat dirt bike related, my bike is still down in need of a top end but that has to wait until after we move into the new house in 2 weeks.

After renting all of my adult life, it's going to be really nice having an actual garage with a concrete floor (our current rental has a small single stall dirt floor garage) and being able to customize the work space how I need without worrying about moving again in a few years.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

cursedshitbox posted:

sir, this is a wendys

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Verman posted:

Somewhat dirt bike related, my bike is still down in need of a top end but that has to wait until after we move into the new house in 2 weeks.

After renting all of my adult life, it's going to be really nice having an actual garage with a concrete floor (our current rental has a small single stall dirt floor garage) and being able to customize the work space how I need without worrying about moving again in a few years.

Moving into a house with a proper garage has been a big cathartic relief after spending a year with a dirt floored shed to put my bikes in. I was finally able to do the top end on my fc350 that I had been putting off for the past almost year. you're gonna love it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I like my dirt bike. It is very good and fun.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:hellyeah:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I have to put on the headlight mask and front fender with the graphics but didn’t have time so oh well.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

cursedshitbox posted:

lets try that again.

Which yeah this could sound unhinged if I were a cishet white techbro. However I am not.

I grew up in this bullshit country with a racial slur for a name because of where my mother and I came from. Want to make your isolationist podunk sundown-town great again? by all means, go for it. I'll visit when it becomes a ghost town like so many others in the history of this country.
Yep. Which is how 'sundown towns' got their name. I spent a few years living in one out of force, not by choice, hence the fun primary school nicknames that won't be repeated here.

Lastly, Jesus? Yeah I swore that off too. Besides the religion I was raised with does not jive with the predominant religion in this country. Especially post 9/11.

Anyfuckingway. I wasn't gonna touch the poo but here we are. I have no dirtbike content to help offset this derail.

You appear to be suffering from sundown syndrome though I am not a doctor of medicine

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

I like my dirt bike. It is very good and fun.

I love all of those bikes, come to my house and let's go

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Verman posted:

My first house was a beat up 1950s 900 sq foot ranch with a single bay. The concrete was hella spalled. I did the leveling and epoxy floor and that was the best decision I made with the place. Worth the effort imo if you're painting or doing upgrades before a full move in

doppler
Jul 10, 2006
Motor CIty Machine Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgAco-1zdWU

Worst crash I've had in a while, overshot the landing and hit a tree stump I think. Apart from a big bruise on my hip both me and the bike were fine.
So nice to finally have some proper summer weather here and not have to wash the bike for an hour after riding before you can even touch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Looks like that diagonal root caught your front (0:27). Looks like fun sandy terrain.

Warm weather brought me out last too, from last weekend at Walker Valley

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 6, 2021