Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

How does one go about searching for matches on billibilli? do i type in the romanized letters or do I put in the kanji?

I often try both but generally get better results with kanji. Alternatively, try the show name or date, especially if it's more recent, someone may have uploaded the full show if not the isolated match you're looking for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whatever happened to Alex "The Pug" Porteau? Watching this Twitch stream of 1997 WWF stuff and was reminded of him, but I can't remember where he came from or why he didn't stick around. I feel like I remember them making a big deal out of him when he first debuted?

Kind of seemed like a prototypical version of a Charlie Haas or Kurt Angle with how much they pushed the amateur wrestling thing, but maybe he just didn't pick up pro wrestling as well?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Whatever happened to Alex "The Pug" Porteau? Watching this Twitch stream of 1997 WWF stuff and was reminded of him, but I can't remember where he came from or why he didn't stick around. I feel like I remember them making a big deal out of him when he first debuted?

Kind of seemed like a prototypical version of a Charlie Haas or Kurt Angle with how much they pushed the amateur wrestling thing, but maybe he just didn't pick up pro wrestling as well?

He was brought in to WWF in 1996 to be a ‘name’ jobber instead of anyone who would be pushed. He was fine in the ring but pretty vanilla. Post-WWF he just floundered around WCW then the indies.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

in his wor interview, kim wood mentions a mysterious hart brother who no one talks about who would sneak down at night and put poison in people's protein powder. who is this hart? is it wayne?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

in his wor interview, kim wood mentions a mysterious hart brother who no one talks about who would sneak down at night and put poison in people's protein powder. who is this hart? is it wayne?

Might be Smith Hart, he was sorta the black sheep of the family

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

El Gallinero Gros posted:

kim said it wasn't smith

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Smoking Crow posted:

Dynamite Kid used to inject milk into Davey Boy's rear end cheek, so that kinda sounds like something he'd do.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

he said it was a mysterious hart brother no one ever talked about who lived by himself on the 4th floor

he sounds like a ghost tbh

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I halfway wonder if that's a rare time Brian tried to work Wood for fun. Because I really doubt there's a 13th Hart kid we don't know about. Although there was heel manager Hugh Hart/Ronald Trump, who claimed to be Stu's son from some unnamed non-Helen romantic encounter, at the end of Stampede, but that was obviously just a gimmick.
I've already seen someone make a "Hugo Hart," joke, but well played.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Stu had a bit of celebrity status in the Calgary Herald, especially with the size of the family. The Herald ran a few pictures of the whole brood and at least once a year had a story mentioning how many there were. All the stories are consistent and with little gap between the kids, there is pretty much no chance Stu and Helen had another kid no one knew about.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them - especially Owen - or one of the Hart dungeon wrestlers came up with a ghost/feral Hart to mess with unsuspecting persons.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn't Smith once sell the ring Stampede was going to use the night before a show? Possibly for magic beans?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't Smith once sell the ring Stampede was going to use the night before a show? Possibly for magic beans?

He traded the ring for a pair of cowboy boots and half a case of Pilsner. Wait, that might have been Bruce. I forget.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Stu had a bit of celebrity status in the Calgary Herald, especially with the size of the family. The Herald ran a few pictures of the whole brood and at least once a year had a story mentioning how many there were. All the stories are consistent and with little gap between the kids, there is pretty much no chance Stu and Helen had another kid no one knew about.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them - especially Owen - or one of the Hart dungeon wrestlers came up with a ghost/feral Hart to mess with unsuspecting persons.

Did Helen ever tell Stu to put his drat pants on and leave her alone for once?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maybe's it's a joke about Barry Horowitz, who wrestled as "Brett Hartt" in Florida. (And later wrestled as "Jack Hart")

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Revisiting Capital Combat, was Luger supposed to have had a run with the belt then that was squashed for whatever reason? It seems like the crowd was pretty solidly behind Lex in those days.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Silly Burrito posted:

Did Helen ever tell Stu to put his drat pants on and leave her alone for once?

What else is there to do in Calgary?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When The Headbangers broke up (I don't even remember why they broke up at this point), why did Thrasher seemingly disappear while Mosh got a few different gimmicks? Was Thrasher not liked backstage or injured or something?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

When The Headbangers broke up (I don't even remember why they broke up at this point), why did Thrasher seemingly disappear while Mosh got a few different gimmicks? Was Thrasher not liked backstage or injured or something?

Thrasher was injured when Mosh became Beaver Cleavage/Chaz, when he healed and came back they were back to being the Headbangers

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Sandman McMahon posted:

He traded the ring for a pair of cowboy boots and half a case of Pilsner. Wait, that might have been Bruce. I forget.

Traded the ring for Bruce? Man, he got screwed in that deal.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ganso Bomb posted:

To spin this away from him, is there anyone else who they could reasonably tap into with his scope of knowledge who would actually do the show? What's JJ Dillon up to, and is he as immersed in wrestling history and lore? Is everyone else just dead at this point?

What about Bill Apter?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

apter will attempt to keep kayfabe to some point

he's also too nice

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

Thrasher was injured when Mosh became Beaver Cleavage/Chaz, when he healed and came back they were back to being the Headbangers

Somehow The Headbangers reforming after Beaver Cleavage is entirely wiped from my memory

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Somehow The Headbangers reforming after Beaver Cleavage is entirely wiped from my memory

Thrasher returned to avenge Mosh's good name and provide proof that Mariana was lying about the abuse.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Ganso Bomb posted:

It was barely on 'real' TV/PPV I think. Thrasher got injured right before the Royal Rumble 1999, and initially both guys got written off.

Beaver Cleavage vignettes started running in May 1999, and Beaver Cleavage got exactly one match on Raw (5/31/1999, the week after the Owen Hart tribute show). Within a month he 'shot' on the bad gimmick and just became "Chaz", who appeared sporadically from June to September on Raw, including the brief "maybe he beats his girlfriend, or maybe his girlfriend was FAKING IT" angle, before Thrasher returned in October, going over Chris Jericho and his bodyguard Mister Hughes in their return match. In November 1999 they got another win against the Dudley Boyz in the run-up to a big Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination match, and from that point forward they were basically jobbers, only appearing on Raw/Smackdown/etc. to lose to various teams including Kurt Angle and Steve Blackman(?) and then Kurt Angle in a handicap match in a minute.

Their last non-Jakked/Heat appearance was in the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2000, and by the summer Thrasher was off the road and released, and Chaz got repackaged as part of LO DOWN, the heel duo of Chaz and D-Lo Brown, managed by Tiger Ali Singh and wearing genie costumes.

Another six months and Chaz is gone too.

Fun fact discovered while looking this all up: D'Lo Brown is exactly eight days older than Edge.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for the write-up! I remember literally all of that except them actuslly teaming again, including the revelation that Mosh's girlfriend was lying about everything. I wonder what in my memory knocked out The Headbangers' reunion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think her being a liar was revealed on G-TV?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I think her being a liar was revealed on G-TV?

Thrasher showed up and pointed at the titantron and then the G-TV footage of her getting black eye makeup applied was shown

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
All of this talk of GTV and Chris Jericho debut gimmicks reminds me that in the spring/summer of 1999 I came up with/called into Byte This to pitch a storyline where the G in GTV stood for God and Jericho would come in as Christ Jericho and eventually someone else would come in as God and it would build to a God/Jesus vs. Vince/Shane tag match at Wrestlemania for control of WWF/the Universe.

I was a teenager and had consumed a lot of Vince Russo programming, in my defense.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

All of this talk of GTV and Chris Jericho debut gimmicks reminds me that in the spring/summer of 1999 I came up with/called into Byte This to pitch a storyline where the G in GTV stood for God and Jericho would come in as Christ Jericho and eventually someone else would come in as God and it would build to a God/Jesus vs. Vince/Shane tag match at Wrestlemania for control of WWF/the Universe.

I was a teenager and had consumed a lot of Vince Russo programming, in my defense.

and yet the WWE would later steal your idea of someone tag teaming with God against Vince and Shane

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Edge & Christian posted:

Their last non-Jakked/Heat appearance was in the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2000, and by the summer Thrasher was off the road and released, and Chaz got repackaged as part of LO DOWN, the heel duo of Chaz and D-Lo Brown, managed by Tiger Ali Singh and wearing genie costumes.

There was a brief period before Tiger Ali Singh got involved when Lo Down were just two athletic guys who trained together, and that version of the team wasn't bad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

There was a brief period before Tiger Ali Singh got involved when Lo Down were just two athletic guys who trained together, and that version of the team wasn't bad.

they should have just called these two Any Given Gym In New Jersey

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

them side snap pants were good

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Lo Down could've been used as a pair of reliable hands in the tag division as a team that the Dudleys/Hardys/E+C wrestle when they're not wrestling each other, like a "next tier down" challenger/title threat of the month, alongside the likes of the APA, RTC, T+A and Too Cool.

Instead they get saddled with that racist trash gimmick because a certain racist fuckwit is too racist to tell the difference between a Hindu and Sikh.

"Drew Curry?" gently caress off and die, Vince.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 10, 2021

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Lamuella posted:

Their superplex/frog splash finisher was cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

I like that their facial hair combines to make one full goatee.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AUUUuuuuuuuggghhhhhhhhhh what a rush!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I liked Low Down before Singh got involved. They had fun matches on the syndicated shows, and Chaz’ finisher was cool. It was like the F/U version of a Burning Hammer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Any version of D-Lo Brown not wearing an umpire's chest protector is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
sad to think what could have been with Lo Down in AEW. before their time.