Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Got Pfizered in Warsaw today. Call around the vaccination points - the one on Grzybowska 34 in downtown Warsaw was empty, and since 90% of the appointees there seemed to be 80+, there’s a lot of people being turned down due to health concerns.

Also talked to a cabbie on my way there who either drives around Warsaw or jumps into a cooler van and deliver vaccines from Belgium all over Europe. He was in Romania last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
So far most of my acquaintances got the sputnik. All live, some of side effects aside.
Thinking about getting one myself. A vaccine i mean, lol if anyone thinks theres choice here yet.

How is it in europe now? You come and they say "choose your vaccine" or like, search for a place that does a particular one or something else?

Nitrox posted:

Moscow is a different country, vaguely related to Russia, for those not in the know. Moving there from Middleofnowherestock is a serious lifestyle upgrade.

https://youtu.be/uribW1-S0Xk

Most of the problems russia has now (besides putler and his corruption team) is because regions are not developed. But no one cares because governors bring people to vote for constitution changes and rig elections for putler so they're "good" governors.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Erulisse posted:

So far most of my acquaintances got the sputnik. All live, some of side effects aside.
Thinking about getting one myself. A vaccine i mean, lol if anyone thinks theres choice here yet.

How is it in europe now? You come and they say "choose your vaccine" or like, search for a place that does a particular one or something else?

Registration for my year opened up tonight at midnight, the automatic system gave me an A-Z at the end of May, called in this morning to speak with an actual human and they found me a Moderna tomorrow afternoon in a town 30km away from Łódź.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Registration went pretty smoothly for me. The system gave me options to get AZ on, like, the next day. Since I really can't afford the time to get knocked on my rear end for two days, I went into a nifty little search menu and grabbed a Pfizer date on the 13th, no travel needed.

Of course, a big reason things are getting ahead of schedule is low demand, so I worry that we might end up with a situation where everyone who wanted it got vaxxed and we're still below the threshold for herd immunity :(

almost missed that autocorrect changed "vaxxed" to "based", lol

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

You can pick the preferred vaccine in Poland. Got my J&J shot today, person on the station confirmed I wanted that one too. Seems Pfizer is the pro choice for my friends and family, I give no fucks about the company, would pick SV if available in convenient place and time.
E: no SV in Poland because reasons.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I was able to reschedule for Pfizer, but my date is month later and 30km from where I live. Welp.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Guildencrantz posted:

Registration went pretty smoothly for me. The system gave me options to get AZ on, like, the next day. Since I really can't afford the time to get knocked on my rear end for two days, I went into a nifty little search menu and grabbed a Pfizer date on the 13th, no travel needed.

Of course, a big reason things are getting ahead of schedule is low demand, so I worry that we might end up with a situation where everyone who wanted it got vaxxed and we're still below the threshold for herd immunity :(

almost missed that autocorrect changed "vaxxed" to "based", lol

I had a fever for 2 days after second dose of Pfizer vaccine, it's a common side effect.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I preregistered at the beginning of the year, so I got my prescription and signed up last week. The shot (AZ) was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, but I got moved to today - it'd probably be still fine if I showed up two days ago, since the staff told people they had spares and any close ones/family could be given a shot.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Poland here. You can choose and pick (both vaccine and place) pretty much as you please, first come first serve on available dates, except the online system sort of started hiding some of them and someone coded their own vaccine search engine, but it's not working. The 'hiding' part sounds a bit :tinfoil: but honestly I don't have any idea what's up with that, it's like some places don't bother to fully integrate with the system and supposedly it worked better a few days ago?

Anyway, it was a bitch hunting for Pfizer, but then I got tipped off about an unlisted batch in a nearby clinic, called them and got my appointment set in a week with no real fuss or shenanigans. And despite them seemingly ghosting the governmental browser, once they written me down I got the official confirmation sms & email from the central system in like 15 seconds anyway :shrug:.

So anyway instead of havign to wait 10 weeks I get to get the shot about 20 meters from my house in the back of a pizzeria so that's pretty neat and also hilariously shady for no real reason.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Lichtenstein posted:

The 'hiding' part sounds a bit :tinfoil: but honestly I don't have any idea what's up with that, it's like some places don't bother to fully integrate with the system and supposedly it worked better a few days ago?

Every medical institution has two pools - there’s a smaller pool for let’s call it “internal” use, which you don’t see in the public scheduling system, and the larger general pool.

The smaller pool is used for emergency use - people who need to be vaccinated ASAP, like older or sick folks who suddenly show up even though they should have been vaxxed a long time ago, pre-op patients, uniforms, that sort of thing.

Some places will see their emergency pool used up (because they’re in a hospital for example), others don’t, so they open up some of their doses to the public system.

There are also bugs - the mass vaccinations last weekend, where you’d just show up at a special point and get vaccinated regardless of age or scheduling, had a bug - you couldn’t remove an appointment even if you’ve gotten vaxxed in one of those points instead. They had to manually remove those appointments, suddenly freeing up 18.000 appointments.

All in all I’m surprised this is going so well, considering this is Bolandia. Blocking appointments so that older people could be vaxxed first didn’t work - somehow, older people wanting to get vaccinated are still waiting, despite the fact many other older people are not giving a poo poo. A dedicated stream for vaccinating people regardless of age group seems to be doing wonders - we’re seeing thousands line up. Still, we’re starting to see just how many people refuse to get vaccinated and I don’t think herd immunity is on the table. I think a yearly covid jab is where this is going.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Serbia was/is the unlikely champion of European vaccination, along with the UK. The priority groups started in January, and healthy 30-40 year olds were in lines mid-February. It was Sinopharm and Phizer in the beginning, and later AZ and very little Sputnik. It was centralized and very well organized. In March there were too many AZ doses that were close to expiry so Serbia gave them away and even invited foreign citizens to come for a free dose. Thousands from Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and other countries came.

The problem is that despite the abundance only 40% of population has been vaccinated. The rest are, in my experience, hesitant (and children). Not directly anti-vax but for one or another murky reason they prefer to wait. So the government started opening vaccination stations in shopping malls and they give financial incentives too.

That's what worries me because all the talk about reaching immunity depends on the great majority of people actually accepting the vaccine once it becomes available. I'm afraid that more countries will discover the same problems as they reach full vaccine availability. It also infuriates me because I know people in Croatia and other countries who are ready to travel hundreds of miles and jump through hoops to get a vaccine, any vaccine. At the same time my neighbor across the hall, who only needs to walk casually to the vaccination station to protect herself is "unsure about it".

Croatia decided to organize vaccination through family doctors, which proved to be a poor decision. They couldn't estimate well how many doses they needed so some had too many that got spoiled while others were left wanting. On top of that the government software for applying (ordered from an incompetent company that just happens to have strong connections with some party officials) crashed and deleted the first several thousands of applications, which were usually the most critical ones. I hear healthy people in 40s are getting their turn now, but it's still chaotic.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Nitrox posted:

I had a fever for 2 days after second dose of Pfizer vaccine, it's a common side effect.

Yeah, so I've heard. The thing is, AZ almost universally hits pretty hard after the first shot though, so switching to Pfizer was basically a way to defer the problem for later as I'm super busy now and should be less so when the time for my second dose comes.

Picking vaccine brands based on accounting for side effects in your schedule, what a time to be alive!

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Anne Frank Funk posted:

On a daytrip to get vaxxed (30-39 yo slot). How’s the situation in your countries?

The baltics were rolling it out to the older population, but after a successful campaign to get +70s vaccinated the younger groups show pretty high vaccine skepticism, especially the older Russian speaking population, so now they're opening it up to everyone from the middle/end of the month. I'm actually flying home to get the vaccine because Portugal (where I live currently) a country of vaccine-enthusiastic olds is only planning to roll-out vaccination for the young in July or August. So I'm flying home to get my shot quickly and also probably to see some of my family for the last time since they refused the vaccine and very likely to get covid and die :smith:

sad question
May 30, 2020

Lichtenstein posted:

Poland here. You can choose and pick (both vaccine and place) pretty much as you please, first come first serve on available dates, except the online system sort of started hiding some of them and someone coded their own vaccine search engine, but it's not working. The 'hiding' part sounds a bit :tinfoil: but honestly I don't have any idea what's up with that, it's like some places don't bother to fully integrate with the system and supposedly it worked better a few days ago?

I think the search engine is just shittily coded. When I helped my mother get her appointment it would show wildly different results based on how many variables I selected (oddly enough more specific queries would return more results).

Each place also has their own internal dates they don't share with the central system. But I think that most problems are caused by incompetently put together system.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

sad question posted:

I think the search engine is just shittily coded. When I helped my mother get her appointment it would show wildly different results based on how many variables I selected (oddly enough more specific queries would return more results).

Each place also has their own internal dates they don't share with the central system. But I think that most problems are caused by incompetently put together system.

Which is ironic because I know Poland has some really good programmers, we’ve contracted some for similar projects.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oracle posted:

Which is ironic because I know Poland has some really good programmers, we’ve contracted some for similar projects.

Why didn't any work on Cyberpunk then???

sad question
May 30, 2020

Good programmers don't matter when you get the cheapest ones for government contracts.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

CDPR is known in Warsaw as an extremely abusive and exploitive place to work in. It’s almost as if they looked at EA of the EA spouse era and though :hmmyes:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I think it's a general trend that working for passion industry is a bad idea. I'd rather spend a year coding completely useless part of ERP system working chill 40h per week than work myself to death coding Witcher 4.

Had very flu like reaction for J&J about a day and a half after my shot. Fever, chills, headache, general fatigue, pretty much how first day or two of a flu looks for me. I was completely fine next morning.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

e: super wrong thread lol

Zat fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 9, 2021

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
JUST :stare:

TDB posted:

The doctor who famously and falsely announced that Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was not poisoned but had a bout of pancreatitis and hypoglycemia has disappeared in a swampy forest, according to several Russian media outlets.

TDB posted:

Two other doctors who treated Navalny at the Omsk hospital have died. Sergei Maksimishin, the deputy head physician who originally confirmed Navalny had been poisoned before backtracking, died of a heart attack in December 2020. In March 2021, Rustam Agishev, another doctor who treated Navalny, died from complications after suffering a stroke.

lmao what if Russian propaganda is right and this really is an extremely unlikely set of coincidences

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Congrats you fell for Putin's schemes as a russian cyber attack ruptures the East Coast's oil supply

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

guessing the swamp outing went something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znk8k-02_Gc&t=3978s

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

Congrats you fell for Putin's schemes as a russian cyber attack ruptures the East Coast's oil supply

"Fell for Putin's schemes" half these Oil Industry networks are a joke, not much scheming required.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
like most cyber attacks both sides have an interest in hyping them up

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Necronormiecon posted:

JUST :stare:

lmao what if Russian propaganda is right and this really is an extremely unlikely set of coincidences

Update: the doc has been found alive. Putler innocent!!!!

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Necronormiecon posted:

Update: the doc has been found alive. Putler innocent!!!!

Did he fall from a cliff in the swamp and broke both of his kneecaps or something?

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Are there any updates regarding Russian army stationed near the Ukrainian border?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

laserghost posted:

Are there any updates regarding Russian army stationed near the Ukrainian border?

they left.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

In which direction?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nitrox posted:

In which direction?

well the bad direction was this way

so they went here instead

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nitrox posted:

In which direction?
Back to their regular posts, away from imminent conflict.

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Zudgemud posted:

Did he fall from a cliff in the swamp and broke both of his kneecaps or something?

He went hunting and got lost in the woods for two days.

laserghost posted:

Most of them left yeah. Russian chuds on social media are mad because "pussy Putin chickened out."

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Back to their regular posts, away from imminent conflict.

Their new regular posts in Kaliningrad?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
what is the general mood in the baltics regarding the us military? i know sometimes large joint exercises with the us meet a lot of domestic pushback. in estonia is the current exercise being met with approval, disapproval, or an even split?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what is the general mood in the baltics regarding the us military? i know sometimes large joint exercises with the us meet a lot of domestic pushback. in estonia is the current exercise being met with approval, disapproval, or an even split?

In Estonia: I think most people don't really care, like... it's not a thing that's ever debated, it's basically just presented as A Thing.
As far as I know no major party is arguing against it.
I think most people pragmatically view the troop presence and exercises as something that hopefully helps prevent what happened in Georgia and Ukraine, perhaps a "necessary evil" in that sense.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Young people with Estonian as the primary language are generally very for, like more pro-US military than the most jingoistic American redneck. Like, the only part they are complaining about is that there is not yet an US armored division permanently stationed in Estonia. Russian speakers are generally slightly against, older people have more mixed views.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Seems very well received in Romania. They made our US driver's licenses good (with military orders) and every store within 100 miles of us got a lot of Americans who knew nothing about exchange rates to buy stuff. Got visits from all the big politicians too.

And yeah, the Russian observers got to watch a joint show of targets (that just happened to be Russian military equipment) being obliterated.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

And yeah, the Russian observers got to watch a joint show of targets (that just happened to be Russian military equipment) being obliterated.

I love the pettiness of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Mokotow posted:

I love the pettiness of this.

It's probably not pettiness as much as there being a shitload of old Soviet/Russian hardware floating around in eastern Europe that is ripe for decomissioning and status reclassification to target practice. It might be pettiness too though.