Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Saturday morning stoned and reporting for duty. Currently balls deep in a bowl of leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

fuctifino posted:

I ordered a new extension for my frankenbong

It should make it easier to collect reclaim from the extracts.

Woah... I can't imagine smoking enough concentrate to be able to use a condenser to reclaim anything out of the vapor but I respect the effort

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

owls or something posted:

Saturday morning stoned and reporting for duty. Currently balls deep in a bowl of leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

I'm about to get zooted and listen to drum n bass while I vacuum the house so I can hang out with family all weekend and maybe even play a video game or somethin. Saturday morning highs are pretty great

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wendigee posted:

Woah... I can't imagine smoking enough concentrate to be able to use a condenser to reclaim anything out of the vapor but I respect the effort

I vape at fairly lowish temperatures using the dynavap + dynacoil, and a lot of oil finds its way the other side of the gauze and dribbles down the stem. Nothing ever gets wasted, as it gets washed with 70% drinking alcohol to make a nice tincture, but I'd love to vape as much as I can.

If I was using a dabbing nail at proper dabbing temperatures then I wouldn't need something like this.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

owls or something posted:

Man, now I want a home made famous bowl. Mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, some shredded cheese, gravy, maybe some bacon bits. I know what I'm making for dinner tonight.

Sunday morning patio smoking is my favorite thing in the summer. Put some folky poo poo on the bluetooth speaker, cup of coffee, pack of smokes and a gram joint. Wave at the neighbors walking their dogs.

I hope Live From Here comes back to NPR this fall, that was great to space out to at 7am on sunday watching hot air balloons float by. I'm so goddamn white. Lol. Gonna go throw peanuts at the squirrels after a few more dabs.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm stoned as gently caress playing world of tanks on my VR headset and I smell cookies or something?
Quarantine is great

ladd
Aug 14, 2004

fuctifino posted:

A friend of mine got his first shipment of legal UK medi weed yesterday

It's Adven Flos 20 (20% THC 70/30 indica hybrid) and costs £150/30g

He likened it to mid grade Amsterdam coffee shop weed and was pleasantly surprised.

I would love to gain access to medical cannabis in the uk, but I have heard the conservative government has set it up to to as unethical as possible (like all the weed is grown in Israel, and it is a criminal offence to use the stuff in a joint).

You have any idea what other strains are available?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ladd posted:

I would love to gain access to medical cannabis in the uk, but I have heard the conservative government has set it up to to as unethical as possible (like all the weed is grown in Israel, and it is a criminal offence to use the stuff in a joint).

You have any idea what other strains are available?

There's a wiki of the various strains/companies/prices etc. here http://cannapedia.org.uk/prices

And yeah, you can't combust. It has to be vaped.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
took 40mg edibles on an empty stomach a while ago and boy let me tell you

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
dank mode activated

https://twitter.com/itspeterj/status/1390847228575690752

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Hey, I mixed some weed I already had with some weed I just got.
Am I going to be ok?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Mechanical Pencil posted:

Am I going to be ok?

yes but you will have to smoke twice as much now :(

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mechanical Pencil posted:

Am I going to be ok?

Just smoke it all to be safe.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The answer is always get more stoned

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I think I dabbed too hot. My lungs feel fucky. Time for a break.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder sometimes how nasty my lungs look. Then I hit a dab, light a cigarette, and don't bother thinking about living past 50.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I smoked a small bowl yesterday. It was the last of my weed. I want to take a T-Break since I’m going to hang out with a few friends the weekend of the 22nd for a vaccination celebration. I’m already bouncing off the walls jonesing.

Dog give me strength.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

boop the snoot posted:

I smoked a small bowl yesterday. It was the last of my weed. I want to take a T-Break since I’m going to hang out with a few friends the weekend of the 22nd for a vaccination celebration. I’m already bouncing off the walls jonesing.

Dog give me strength.

Getting zooted in your honor :patriot:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wonder sometimes how nasty my lungs look. Then I hit a dab, light a cigarette, and don't bother thinking about living past 50.

Stop smoking cigarettes but weed is fine

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Inspector Hound posted:

Stop smoking cigarettes but weed is fine

Meh, I don't want to see adult diaper or dementia days. To each their own, but I'm not trying to make it to the singularity so I can merge with a computer and live as long as my firmware is updated. If I go from a heart attack in my 50s, so be it, I'll have certainly seen enough propagation of human misery and ecological destruction for several lifetimes by that point. If I exist into my 60s, it'll be out of pure spite and contempt for... something or someone, like needing to see Mecha-Trump defeated by Robo-Putin and Ultra-Xi in Summer Slam 2045 and sacrificed on the altar of the petro-yuan.

Rolling around in a wheel chair in my 80s isn't a dream, it's a nightmare.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think you’re underestimating how much emphysema and lung cancer suck.

You’re not just gonna keel over and die one day.

Well I guess you could. But using cigarettes as your out seems painful.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eh. Worse ways to go exist, and being trapped in a thought loop in an old folks home seems like a fate worse than death, which is almost certainly my future given my family history, should I pursue longevity. I realize it's a poo poo way out, but what way isn't, in the end? I'm just trying to go before I find myself lucid for 3 minutes a day in a dementia ward. Red meat can only carry me so far to a coronary.

Anyhow, I'm gonna hit some dabs and run some errands. Grocery shopping stoned is a small pleasure in life.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

for your health!

also instead of killing yourself slowly and painfully with cigs if you're worried about losing your marbles and still living just tell some family members to off you in that event

(that's what my dad told me after my grandma had a stroke and lost her short term memory permanently but lived for another 10 years. fun stuff!)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not putting that on anyone. When a VA doctor tells me I have X amount of time left, I'll go buy an RV on credit and die in it on forest service land, way behind on payments. Then I can haunt the RV when it's resold to a yuppie family for pennies on the dollar because some old fart smoked weed and died in it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You’re gonna do what you wanna do man, but I’ve seen two relatives die with a combination of lung cancer and emphysema brought on from decades of smoking, and I’d much rather be 80 in a home than to be as utterly miserable and waiting for death as they were.

If you talk to anyone in their mid to late 40s who has smoking-related chronic illnesses (or anyone at any age with a chronic illness, honestly), they’ll tell you how foolish you are.

It’s like having an asthma attack all the time. I have asthma, and that poo poo doesn’t just sound unhealthy, it sounds downright terrifying.

you’re not just going to die. You’re going to spend years feeling like something is killing you.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 10, 2021

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I've seen the sentiment that weed doesn't gently caress up your lungs as bad as cigarettes before and I guess I get it from the standpoint of additives.

At the end of the day, inhaling smoke can't be better than not doing so, but how bad is exclusive weed use for lung function over time?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I've seen the sentiment that weed doesn't gently caress up your lungs as bad as cigarettes before and I guess I get it from the standpoint of additives.

At the end of the day, inhaling smoke can't be better than not doing so, but how bad is exclusive weed use for lung function over time?

There could have been decades worth of research to determine that, if weed wasn't considered a Schedule One substance with "no currently accepted medical use." It's at Schedule Three now, up there with Ketamine and Vicodin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
James Taylor taught us that the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time. I enjoy time with a cigarette (and weed), but to each their own.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I had some weed (a single fury edge scoop, which is very small, of motor breath 15) on saturday around 2, then another scoop around 5pm, and I slept from 8pm that evening to 7am on Sunday. Weed is definitely good for sleep.
https://www.leafly.com/strains/motorbreath

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

And volume consumed. Ain’t no one smoking 20-40 joints per day, every day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If a pack of 20 joints was $10~ then yes, some people would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cKSjONjDkc

Lol

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 10, 2021

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

And volume consumed. Ain’t no one smoking 20-40 joints per day, every day.

Nicotine specifically is carcinogenic, and weed is not. The groundwork for medical weed was in fact laid by the DEA when their quest to prove that weed caused cancer demonstrated the opposite in multiple DEA-backed studies.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

its not about "additives". nicotine is not an additive in any sense, it naturally occurs in tobacco and its a very poisonous substance. its not just smoking it thats bad for you, interacting with nicotine in any way is terrible for your body. tobacco pickers get illnesses from the poison just from exposure to the plants

while inhaling burning matter is of course not great for your lungs, there is a massive difference in the fact that nothing in weed is nearly as bad for you as nicotine, regardless of the method of consumption. eating weed is harmless. eating nicotine can kill you

of course if you really care about lung health there are plenty of ways to get high without actually inhaling smoke. but personally i still like joints

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 10, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

can we talk about the wonders of weed and not use this thread to attack tobacco smokers?

smokers know the risks

yours, an ex smoker

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

fuctifino posted:

can we talk about the wonders of weed and not use this thread to attack nitcotine smokers?

smokers know the risks

yours, an ex smoker

im also an ex smoker and very occasional current smoker. im not "attacking nicotine smokers" i was responding to a post about additives. the statement that nicotine is far more toxic to the human body than anything in weed is absolutely true. the problem is more with the nicotine than with the act of smoking

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Marijuana flower is definitely less toxic than cigarettes but more than smoking nothing. Whenever you inhale burning plant matter there is going to be some effect on your lungs. For me it's a tolerable risk and I use a lot of extract too which should be less damaging.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

my post wasn't directed at any one person in particular

in weed related news, i ordered some BCN diesel and 3ml of distillate today

i'm going to experiment and try to turn 1ml of the thc9 into cbn using the power of heat, which should make an interesting bedtime medicine

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

can we talk about the wonders of weed and not use this thread to attack tobacco smokers?

smokers know the risks

yours, an ex smoker

Here's a cool fact about weed: When I decided I wanted to quit smoking cigarettes, I just smoked weed instead. Now I only smoke weed and do not smoke cigarettes. That's my cool fact about weed, thanks

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Here's a cool fact about weed: When I decided I wanted to quit smoking cigarettes, I just smoked weed instead. Now I only smoke weed and do not smoke cigarettes. That's my cool fact about weed, thanks

Legit, my mom told me to just start taking a puff off a one hitter when I wanted to smoke a cig and it'd help break the habit. She was absolutely 100% right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bagmonkey posted:

This was my method of quitting cigarettes.

Gateway to not smoking cigarettes drug