Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I've seen the sentiment that weed doesn't gently caress up your lungs as bad as cigarettes before and I guess I get it from the standpoint of additives.

At the end of the day, inhaling smoke can't be better than not doing so, but how bad is exclusive weed use for lung function over time?

My understanding is that studies show no increase in lung cancers in cannabis users over the long term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If a pack of 20 joints was $10~ then yes, some people would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cKSjONjDkc

Lol

Those monkeys in that study got brain damage because they were deprived of oxygen by the mechanism feeding them cannabis smoke

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I stopped smoking cigarettes because one time I had way too many mushrooms and every cigarette I smoked tasted like metallic poison (that's the only way I know how to describe it, it was wild). The effect continued afterwards, although less potent, but it was still enough to get me on the road to quitting.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

5 to 5 and I can't loving wait to get home and blaze it. Have a spicy pork hoagie waiting for me, too.

So long, Monday.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i would like to point out that this is the weed thread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

thathonkey posted:

i would like to point out that this is the weed thread

mushrooms are a fungal weed. pretty much. i think

okay fine.

WEED

are you happy now?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Weed newbie. First time vaping from my V-Tower through a water pipe. I'm very high right now. Think I'm going to play Doom Eternal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gonna grill some chicken and vape a weed tonight after work. These reusable pod vape things run out quickly so they kinda suck for daily use but they are really good for a quick hit or two while outside without looking like a drug do-er.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
New neighbours moved in over the weekend. Nice older couple, Gord and Kathy. They seem pretty chill. So Saturday I'm out on the deck having a joint, and Ol' Gord comes out "Hey whatcha got there?" and even though I'm in Canada I'm still cagey about annoying people with smoke and smells so I'm like "Ahh, sorry, it's Blueberry Kush, if it bothers you I can take it to the garage". And like a true Canadian Patriot Gordo says "Hang on a sec" and comes back out with his own bubbler and we start talking about growing and now I have a neato retiree smoke buddy.

Weed: Bringing people together since forever.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Tsar Mikey posted:

Weed newbie. First time vaping from my V-Tower through a water pipe. I'm very high right now. Think I'm going to play Doom Eternal.

A fine weed

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Tsar Mikey posted:

you did it man you're in the club now :yarr: welcome

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weed

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

yes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Update: the chicken and the weed are good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Buy yourself a good instant read thermometer if you cook food, it's worth it

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Moved to WA a little less than a year ago and have since taken to imbibing Satan's Kale. Does wonders for my anxiety depression everything.

I've been vaping flower, but I keep seeing "dabs this" and "concentrates that" and would like to try some. However, I've read that the Fury Edge (my present vape option) is pretty messy to clean when using dabs and/or doesn't get as hot as you can go with them. I was thinking about upgrading to a more robust, tabletop device anyways and was wondering if ya'll could help me out in how to weed at peak weed efficiency. Weedficiency.

Also tips on what I should look out for when concentrate shopping are appreciable. Flower was pretty easy to figure out what's good or not just at a look.

I'm going to now vape some weed as asking strangers for help makes my brain unhappy, but weed fixes that almost immediately.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

w... w..w...w..w.w.......weeeeeed??!?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been smoking weed for a long time but only recently started buying concentrates because I bought a thing that I didn't know only vaped concentrates lol. I bought a Puffco Peak which is like a little electronic dab rig thing and quite honestly it loving rules and sounds perfect for what you want. The bowl is a bitch to clean but it hasn't been an issue so far. It's simple to load, rechargeable, has a few different heat settings.. and it hits like a loving truck. A bit pricey for sure but if you can't swing the cost keep an eye out for a sale or something because I love this thing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Concentrates always last so much longer than flower for me but they make my chest feel like there’s a 50lb weight on it sometimes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

boop the snoot posted:

Concentrates always last so much longer than flower for me but they make my chest feel like there’s a 50lb weight on it sometimes.

Yeah I still have my vaporgenie for if I'm just hanging out and don't want to get completely blasted. It definitely hits me harder than the flower for sure.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Question for people with a fury edge: I use the glass mouthpiece and I've noticed that the actual glass part wiggles around when I remove the mouthpiece to add/remove weed. Did it always wiggle or did that happen when I dropped it, that one time? does yours wiggle or is the glass part firm/immovable?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Wiggles a bit when it's clean. Couple sessions and it's usually stuck in place from resin.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mozi posted:

w... w..w...w..w.w.......weeeeeed??!?

I have grow a liking to the BYOB spelling, we'd

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Why do y'all talk about the absolute darkest poo poo in the weed thread like life itself isnt a neverending nightmare parade WITHOUT the eventual threat of swiss cheese brain and diced tomato lung

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Zil posted:

I have grow a liking to the BYOB spelling, we'd

a friend with we'd we'd befriend indeed

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Velvet Witch posted:

Why do y'all talk about the absolute darkest poo poo in the weed thread like life itself isnt a neverending nightmare parade WITHOUT the eventual threat of swiss cheese brain and diced tomato lung

Because paranoia and anxiety are often a side effect of cannabis usage

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Mozi posted:

a friend with we'd we'd befriend indeed

A friend in need is a friend indeed
A friend with weed is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQngnnHE_0

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

rotinaj posted:

Because paranoia and anxiety are often a side effect of cannabis usage

I loving believe it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redreader posted:

Question for people with a fury edge: I use the glass mouthpiece and I've noticed that the actual glass part wiggles around when I remove the mouthpiece to add/remove weed. Did it always wiggle or did that happen when I dropped it, that one time? does yours wiggle or is the glass part firm/immovable?

mine is basically brand new still and it does wiggle a little bit yea

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Oh yeah, I'm getting my Dynavap today. I should celebrate by getting some new weed.

I love being able to impulse buy weed.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Inspector Hound posted:

Those monkeys in that study got brain damage because they were deprived of oxygen by the mechanism feeding them cannabis smoke.

:same:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I was thinking today of the time my friends and I in high school found a giant wooden box at a construction site then took it down to the train tracks to hotbox. Thing could only barely fit all of us sitting down with our heads bent down and we filled that thing up to an absurd degree.

Later we had a shitload of catered sushi and 4 people threw up, not because the sushi was bad but because we ate way too much of it too fast

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Earwicker posted:

im also an ex smoker and very occasional current smoker. im not "attacking nicotine smokers" i was responding to a post about additives. the statement that nicotine is far more toxic to the human body than anything in weed is absolutely true. the problem is more with the nicotine than with the act of smoking

what? Nicotine is not what gives you all the cancer dude

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
In other news, Delta-8 edibles do everything I need from weed so I guess weed is just federally legal now as far as I'm concerned

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Work is over and I'm smoking a loving bowl.

Maybe two.

Hell yeah.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
I am aware that this is more a TCC question, buuuuuuuuuut: am I wasting my time sandwiching changa betwixt the weed in a regular type water pipe?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've got some ccell ecig atomisers arriving tomorrow which I'm going to be filling with pure distillate.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I've got a ton of kief trapped in my kief stealer in my grinder, I hate it. It's enough to make me want a three piece without the kief stealer part.

I'm too scared to smoke it, my tolerance is low and it'll make me freak out. Maybe I should make butter then bake with it or something, then freeze the cookies.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just smoke a pinch on top of a bowl.

If you let the screen clog up, you won't lose as much kief from the bud. So just don't clean the screen. Like, ever.

You can always just take fewer hits, or more time between hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you can just take the screen layer out and screw the kief catcher bottom right on the bottom grind part on most grinders. or just let an equilibrium of kief get stuck in the screen forever