Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Once you "get" Vanguard the whole game changes. It plays nothing like the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm curious to see if they patch out the P/R bug for consoles on Noveria. You can get into a loop and just keep racking up points infinitely.

good ol' Lorik Qui'in, did more for me than any other npc in that entire game

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

There's an updated ME3 version too

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A coward's chart.

Charge that Atlas.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I never understood the need for the “are your shields down” line. You need a target to charge!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I never understood the need for the “are your shields down” line. You need a target to charge!

It's saying don't bother assessing your targets in that situation, Charge immediately for the shield return.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

A coward's chart.

Charge that Atlas.

I made it before I fully understood how to fight all the enemies. I now know that you can safely charge all enemies, provided you time it right.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Claymore Infiltrator was great fun.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think the only one that can kill you instantly with no real warning is the banshee?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I made it before I fully understood how to fight all the enemies. I now know that you can safely charge all enemies, provided you time it right.

Or they’re on an incline. Except not certain inclines.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

I think the only one that can kill you instantly with no real warning is the banshee?

one hit kill bosses are poo poo design. I hate all of those enemies so much.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Didn’t the banshee have windows where they were animation locked and could do the sync kill?

It’s been almost 10 years, I don’t remember all this clearly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do they have the one hit kills in single player? I've never been hit by one.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Do they have the one hit kills in single player? I've never been hit by one.

Yes, although you're less likely to see them just because you don't see the enemies that can do them as often in single player as in MP.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Only when they're glowing.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Once you "get" Vanguard the whole game changes. It plays nothing like the others.

For real. It's not the only fun class, there's tons of fun to be had with pretty much any build, but there really is something about walking into an encounter that is clearly set up for some long cover-based shooting and just rocketing across the whole area with no regard to cover shotgun blasting ragdolls. The fight vs the asari spectre in LotSB is particularly fantastic because she's also a vanguard and the two of you end up playing rocket tag.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Miranda is the best squadmate because she has a skill that boosts Shepard's damage, and Shepard is 99% of your squad's damage output.

Jack's cutscene-itis is pretty bad. They could never make her as powerful as depicted, but all she gets is Shockwave and Pull?

They added Flare to the series way too late, it would have been perfect for Jack.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jack strikes me as a turbo-Vanguard more than an Adept

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Kibayasu posted:

All the big boys have a sync kill but the banshee is the only one that does theirs often. The big armored dudes can one hit slam you

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Jack strikes me as a turbo-Vanguard more than an Adept

Yeah she REALLY should have had Charge

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

They added Flare to the series way too late, it would have been perfect for Jack.

Charge/nova would’ve been good.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

hobbesmaster posted:

Charge/nova would’ve been good.

"Help! Jack got stuck on a ledge and can't move" (Page 1 of 675)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Simone Magus posted:

All the big boys have a sync kill but the banshee is the only one that does theirs often. The big armored dudes can one hit slam you

Warning for Citadel's Arena if you face the Collectors: scions and praetorians *both* have sync kills, and the scion one has no windup animation.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sydin posted:

For real. It's not the only fun class, there's tons of fun to be had with pretty much any build, but there really is something about walking into an encounter that is clearly set up for some long cover-based shooting and just rocketing across the whole area with no regard to cover shotgun blasting ragdolls. The fight vs the asari spectre in LotSB is particularly fantastic because she's also a vanguard and the two of you end up playing rocket tag.

My favorite moment that I wish I could have recorded was me charging her, then having to look around for a moment to see where she went, then I saw her ragdolling off in the distance and eventually out of the map, and the cutscene started.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh god who else remembers the Vanguard Rapture and in particular the Slayer Rapture where you could rain down Phase Disruptors like some kind of avenging angel

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
andromeda is $7.50 on steam if anyone wants to try out a not particularly great game before the trilogy remaster

i'm thinking about buying da:i because of all the good things i've heard about trespasser, and apparently the game has decent mod support on pc.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Inquisition is worth playing, it has a decent story but mediocre combat whereas andromeda has pretty good combat but one of the worst stories and obnoxious cast of characters ever

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i sunk quite a lot of time into inquisition on ps4. there's a lot of stuff i disliked about it, and i didn't end up finishing it, AND THE AMOUNT OF LOAD SCREENS IN THE BASE WAS BS, but it was an okay game for podcasts. i think it might not be that bad with some of the mods i've seen.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If you didn't like it you won't like it. Don't waste your time on something that might not be too bad. There's a bunch of games out there that are just good without any qualifier and that you haven't played before.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Inquisition is worth playing, it has a decent story but mediocre combat whereas andromeda has pretty good combat but one of the worst stories and obnoxious cast of characters ever

Andromeda has bad level design and killed mission pacing vs the other ME games.

I'm almost hyped enough for Legendary Edition to try Andromeda again...almost.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you didn't like it you won't like it. Don't waste your time on something that might not be too bad. There's a bunch of games out there that are just good without any qualifier and that you haven't played before.

i realize, but i could do with a "head-in-sand" game atm to get away from some stuff.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rinkles posted:

i realize, but i could do with a "head-in-sand" game atm to get away from some stuff.

Do you own Skyrim and have not played Enderal? It's pretty dope and it's free.

Spacebump posted:

Andromeda has bad level design and killed mission pacing vs the other ME games.

I'm almost hyped enough for Legendary Edition to try Andromeda again...almost.

I though several years and some mods later I might try Andromeda again. I got as far as to when Ryder wakes up and says "We're here" before it all came back to me and uninstalled as soon it I could get out of the cutscene to quit the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do you own Skyrim and have not played Enderal? It's pretty dope and it's free.

yes and yes (haven't played it), but for whatever the reason i'm not in the mood for bethesda stuff.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Rinkles posted:

andromeda is $7.50 on steam if anyone wants to try out a not particularly great game before the trilogy remaster

Well poo poo, I had passed on it until now, but I get a lot more willing to take a chance on games when they get down into the burrito price range.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I though several years and some mods later I might try Andromeda again. I got as far as to when Ryder wakes up and says "We're here" before it all came back to me and uninstalled as soon it I could get out of the cutscene to quit the game.

hehe i had basically the same reaction when i reinstalled it recently.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Well poo poo, I had passed on it until now, but I get a lot more willing to take a chance on games when they get down into the burrito price range.

i'd say its worth that just to experience the s-tier :wtc: train wreck of the first three or four hours, which can't really be adequately described

(make sure to make your twin look as ridiculous as possible for added comedy)

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
DAI is just an all round bad time compared to Andromeda. It's like an MMO in singleplayer form, and absolutely not a good one.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rinkles posted:

yes and yes (haven't played it), but for whatever the reason i'm not in the mood for bethesda stuff.

If it's the basic mechanics of a Bethesda game that you mean then I understand but it terms of tone, character progression, and story telling it's very much not a Bethesda game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

[regarding andromeda] the combat is occasionally fun. but some of the maps suck, and it gets repetitive quickly. completing quests is a tedium because you have to hand in everything in person. the story is mostly crap, and characters are mostly a step down from other bw titles.

it's really not great at anything, yet subpar at lots of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i'd say its worth that just to experience the s-tier :wtc: train wreck of the first three or four hours, which can't really be adequately described

(make sure to make your twin look as ridiculous as possible for added comedy)

Man, people weren't kidding about the facial animations. This is going to be hilarious.