Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i just steal keyboards and batteries from work

if you aren't stealing from your boss, you're stealing from your family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

[child tearfully walking around with keyboards tied to its feet] daddy why can't i have normal shoes??
I work in a cubicle, not a shoe store dammit!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my employer simply buys me whatever keyboard I want

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I’ve been lubing some glorious pandas with 3203 and the result is kind of crunchy with lots of spring ping, I’ve given up and ordered some krytox oil for the springs even though having two different lubes has always seemed excessive to me

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

I type on a topre with my wife

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Pile Of Garbage posted:

isn't part of the cost due to the majority of keycaps being drip-fed in "limited sets" through drops or whatever?

I sleep in a big Apple Extended Keyboard II with my wife

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
wfh is making it really difficult to steal from the office tbh

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

wfh is making it really difficult to steal from the office tbh

yeah but if everyone else is wfh then you can go there and loot the place without anyone seeing you

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
one of my friends worked at a place that completely shut the office down early in the pandemic - just went total wfh - and they basically let the office staff raid the place before it was cleared out. dude took home a really nice sit-stand desk lol

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Pile Of Garbage posted:

yeah but if everyone else is wfh then you can go there and loot the place without anyone seeing you

we don't have an office but maybe i can try someone else's :robble:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
what's the current hotness in keyboards that are minimal, but still have arrow and f keys? I'm looking at http://www.vortexgear.tw/vortex2_2.asp?kind=47&kind2=225&kind3=&kind4=1044 but I want to know if I'm overlooking any cool alternatives. I'd especially like to see a bluetooth option, but as this is mostly for work computering being wired in isn't a dealbreaker.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

I wish the popularity of mechanical keyboards would make them more affordable and easier to buy alternative keycaps but no.

Also my CODE w/clears and pbt caps continues to be the best possible board

clears are the underrated superior switch

i just cleaned my caps and underlying baord and the difference is amazing

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

what's the current hotness in keyboards that are minimal, but still have arrow and f keys? I'm looking at http://www.vortexgear.tw/vortex2_2.asp?kind=47&kind2=225&kind3=&kind4=1044 but I want to know if I'm overlooking any cool alternatives. I'd especially like to see a bluetooth option, but as this is mostly for work computering being wired in isn't a dealbreaker.

varmilo recently released an 80% called the cliff, with bluetooth if you're interested. PBT caps, etc. etc.

not sure about it aesthetically

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

I dunno if it's the current hotness but I have a few of these

https://www.amazon.com/DURGOD-Mecha...2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

that I've swapped out for custom keycaps and you can also change out the switches too if one of the models of cherry's isn't to your liking.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
get a kinesis freestyle edge

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

get a kinesis advantage2

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

MrQueasy posted:

happy hacking pro if you don't need dedicated arrow + f

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

in what way?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

i feel like this is a setup for another keyboard goop post.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Whoa

M = milk
alt = altoids
N = nigiri
I = icecream
o = oreo
B = burger

This is actually really good

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Lol k=KFC , that's great

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Pile Of Garbage posted:

isn't part of the cost due to the majority of keycaps being drip-fed in "limited sets" through drops or whatever?

Custom fonts in double shot costs money, sculptured key caps like MT3 or SA profile where each row is different costs money. Having a five colored rainbow across the layout costs money.

There’s only so many custom keycap molding factories in the world, so you wait or bid against each other for schedule.

Ducky might sell hundreds of thousands of identical keyboards in a year, but this set might sell in the hundreds, so the price reflects that.

No one wants a garage full of unsellable Fiesta Cat dolls so they do a group buy to get the $100k or so upfront

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

how do I get comic sans keycaps for my kinesis advantage2

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gently caress, ALToids

lol

amazing

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

MrQueasy posted:

this looks like the perfect keyboard for me, just ordered one. gonna move the End key to under Home tho

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
how many people would buy a repro space cadet keyboard

say it had a built in usb interface

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/1394745821732741123

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

she needs to heed the advice that says if he has a light up keyboard or more than one monitor get the hell out now

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i got my wooting two lekker edition from kickstarter today and threw some SA profiles on it

it's real good even if the crazy analogue keys aren't really used for much yet, the switches are linear and crazy smooth

r u ready to WALK fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 19, 2021

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

is it loving Smooth

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

r u ready to WALK posted:

i got my wooting two lekker edition from kickstarter today and threw some SA profiles on it

it's real good even if the crazy analogue keys aren't really used for much yet, the switches are linear and crazy smooth

What is that wristpad called? Do you recommend it? (Jealous of the goose tab)

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i've only had it for a couple hours but it feels pretty good so far

https://wooting.io/wrist_rest

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
should I post my kinesis freestyle edge again.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
only because I haven’t groaned today

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Silver Alicorn posted:

should I post my kinesis freestyle edge again.

curved circuit boards

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

vodkat posted:

curved circuit boards

lmao there's an electronic card lock out there where one of the boards is curved to run above, behind, and below the card slot. it's the jankiest poo poo.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
surely in the quest toward finding the best board to type on you stick to the well trodden path of “things other people won’t think is the dorkiest poo poo”

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

echinopsis posted:

surely in the quest toward finding the best board to type on you stick to the well trodden path of “things other people won’t think is the dorkiest poo poo”

My keyboard is bluetooth and wearable, I am well beyond the dork horizon echi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the ultimate contraceptive