Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Did anyone get the Dark Alliance remaster or am I gonna have to impulse buy it in an hour after I've had a few pints

Talking of which, I'm amazed but delighted that what is sold in America as "draught guiness" is, in fact, actual guiness from actual Ireland and tastes just like it does coming out of a rusty tap that hasn't ever been properly cleaned :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Acerbatus posted:

Huh, I thought jimmy had some of the more interesting fights in any jrpg.

sorry, my post was a bit flip - i just meant the random encounters. the bosses are really good overall in jimmy, and so far in omori they haven't been bad either.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Americans aren't known for cleaning taps properly. Or soda fountains. Or anything else really.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

Americans aren't known for cleaning taps properly. Or soda fountains. Or anything else really.

No I was referring to Irish ones.

I think bars not cleaning taps is prolly universal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1391923706541211651?s=20

A surprise. Also I can't help but notice "Lucasfilm Classic Games" as a brand name that might lead to more rereleases.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

No I was referring to Irish ones.

I think bars not cleaning taps is prolly universal

I know. Just a friendly reminder that if it's a public place it's often dirtier than it looks. American restaurants and bars are often quick, sometimes efficient and rarely clean. ;)

One of the reasons I always preferred dive bars when I drank. At least they're honest.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems that I have finally managed to get a PS5 :woop:

are there any smaller games I should know about I'm mostly just getting it right now to play RE Village on a console that isn't insanely loud

e: no I didn't realize I could redeem PS5 games without a PS5 until Oddworld Soulstorm RIP
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 11, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

are there any smaller games I should know about I'm mostly just getting it right now to play RE Village on a console that isn't insanely loud

Did you redeem your Bugsnax back when it was PS+?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Songbearer posted:

I don't know where to post this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/

Idolninja: Coding wizard, gentleman, Goon and all-around amazing guy who was responsible of un-fuckenating the PC port of Saints Row 2 while adding innumerable features from likeminded modders through his megapatch, Gentlemen Of The Row (as a result getting hired by Volition themselves) is facing terminal cancer and now doesn't have much longer to live.

This guy was so goddamn cool and made one of my favourite games ever better beyond my wildest expectations. Huge props to him. What an awful thing to hear :smith:

gently caress cancer.

Idolninja is a cool dude, great coder and an amazing person.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
In terms of Games this year I played The Surge 2 and Nioh 2, two soulslikes I have meant to play for a while. Verdicts:

Surge 2 has a lot of heart, nearly as much heart as it has jank. The equipment design, animations and skill customisation is great but the story and presentation is capital B Bad and the bossfights are rotten. It's not an amazing game but it's decent fun and weirdly addictive and man I just dig the heavy loader/power armour aesthetic so much.

Nioh 2 follows the Monster Hunter "jesus gently caress what are all these systems" approach. I never played the first one so Ki Pulse is a loving weird thing to get used to but once you figure out it's basically an active reload for stamina it's a fun system. Level design looks bland and I honestly do not understand nor give a poo poo what is happening in the story but the combat is fantastic when you get it down.

I have also played a game that everyone very much loved last year, Hades, and holy god I am sad I slept on it. I thought it was still in Early Access so I didn't play it but it turned out it was released. I played for 25 hours and I think that was in like 3 weeks, great game, great style, Zagreus and the whole pantheon and cast of characters can take turns fisting me, I won't complain

Other than that I've been learning 3d art in Blender and I made this bull

https://i.imgur.com/oIxdQDZ.mp4

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

goondolences on the loss of your soul :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Resident Evil Village is a good game to watch streamed, there's relatively little gameplay and the gameplay just seems like a means to an end. the anime shark girl is basically going to do everything you would anyway

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Continuing Spider Man PS4, moved onto the DLC. Cyborg Mobsters is an interesting direction to go in, but it feels a little silly.

Also, while I don't dislike this game's version of Miles, I much prefer the Spiderverse version of him. This Miles (and, from what I've heard, the comics version as well) basically boils down to "Peter, but Black." He's smart in all the same areas as Pete, whereas Spiderverse Miles's genius was more the artistic/creative kind, which really helped to set him apart. I dunno, maybe the PS5 Miles Morales game helps remedy this somewhat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spergatory posted:

Continuing Spider Man PS4, moved onto the DLC. Cyborg Mobsters is an interesting direction to go in, but it feels a little silly.

Also, while I don't dislike this game's version of Miles, I much prefer the Spiderverse version of him. This Miles (and, from what I've heard, the comics version as well) basically boils down to "Peter, but Black." He's smart in all the same areas as Pete, whereas Spiderverse Miles's genius was more the artistic/creative kind, which really helped to set him apart. I dunno, maybe the PS5 Miles Morales game helps remedy this somewhat.

it doesn't. he's a weedy little twerp with, and this is important, little to no sense of humor

MM's gameplay was great but the main cast was seriously weak

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I played like 2 hours of yakuza zero last night and it was really fun.

Then I quit, apparently without saving, and I have to start over. I do not think it was fun enough to do it all again, so that might end my yakuza experience. We’ll see.

Instead I’m playing bloodborne again. With any of the souls games my absolute favorite thing is how you can just fly through areas when things click. I cleared all of Yarnham on my first shot and opened up the various shortcuts all the way to Gascoine. Now to slam my head at the wall a dozen times (if my previous runs through the game are any indication).

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I was doing some cleaning of old jewel cases and found a Dark Reign CD. Woah.

I don't think it ever had a sequel or sold well or anything. I certainly don't remember buying this.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Holy moly.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

current mood

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

I played like 2 hours of yakuza zero last night and it was really fun.

Then I quit, apparently without saving, and I have to start over. I do not think it was fun enough to do it all again, so that might end my yakuza experience. We’ll see.

Instead I’m playing bloodborne again. With any of the souls games my absolute favorite thing is how you can just fly through areas when things click. I cleared all of Yarnham on my first shot and opened up the various shortcuts all the way to Gascoine. Now to slam my head at the wall a dozen times (if my previous runs through the game are any indication).

2 hours of Yakuza 0 is like twenty minutes of gameplay if you’re just starting to be fair, you might as well try again if you were having fun. Maybe after playing more Bloodborne tho, poo poo fuckin owns

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So on a whim bought and tried out Hood: Outlaws & Legends, and I want to like it, but holy poo poo is it a poorly balanced pile of jank, and like 85% of it can be laid at the feet of the developers being morons and deciding that this game should be a PvPvE game rather than a PvE game even though the former is a format that never works well ever, it's the same thing that ruined Hunt: Showdown as a concept

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tales of Vesperia remaster down. Made some friends, saw some sights, got sassed by a witch, beat up some bad people, saved the world, a good time was had by all

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kerrzhe posted:

good evening thread i'd like to let everyone know that i'm having a Nice Time playing Vermintide 2, even by myself queueing with pubbies. they all seem to know where to go when i very clearly do not!

I bought Vermintide 2 on launch and didn't play it until just this year. The new updates are pretty great. Its definitely worth playing on a higher difficulty as you get matched with randos that know what they're doing.

Not the best game of all time or anything but a very solid Left4DeadLike

Khanstant posted:

Resident Evil Village is a good game to watch streamed, there's relatively little gameplay and the gameplay just seems like a means to an end. the anime shark girl is basically going to do everything you would anyway

Yeah definitely, I was curious about the story and setting but money is tight and I don't really love horror games all that much, so rather than buy it I've been watching Markiplier play it and having a good time.

I don't usually watch Lets Plays for games I haven't beaten because spoilers, but it works out pretty great here.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I started Danganronpa V3 today and I'm not sure I approve of the twist the end of the first case just threw at me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nobody does but keep playing anyways

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ometeotl posted:

I started Danganronpa V3 today and I'm not sure I approve of the twist the end of the first case just threw at me.

Dammit this reminds me I need to play V3 for the twists, the entire reason for which I played through 1 and 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What game is Olivia Jaimes playing...

Is she a Valheimer

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1391990285425594368?s=19

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Here's how to win it for free

crank the difficulty up to max, exploiting weaknesses does like 3x damage so you instakill almost every enemy in that fight

Alright thanks I did it, after three legitimate tries it was clear that I was going to have to go back out of the palace to prepare and I just wasn’t having it

And then there was MORE after the chief director so no thanks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Fed up of waiting for ps5 availability so caved and bought a 144hz monitor instead

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Fed up of waiting for ps5 availability so caved and bought a 144hz monitor instead

Won't that make all the 60hz locked games look like complete poo poo though

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Convex posted:

I doubt there are many 144Hz monitors that can't run at 60Hz. Also, are there that many 60Hz locked games?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I have a 144hz monitor and that has never happened to me. Games locked at 60 are totally fine.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'd hope it's a freesync monitor anyway

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I have to switch manually because whilst the monitor is freesync, i have an old nvidia card which doesn't support it (970)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Convex posted:

I have no idea, i dont understand all the technical ins and outs but my current monitor is 9 years old and has a small crack in the screen and i wanted to treat myself

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

smooth high framerate scrolling is a nice side benefit

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Haven't noticed anything bad with refresh rates on my cheap freesync monitor with 144hz connected to my venerable 1060

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I have a 144hz monitor and that has never happened to me. Games locked at 60 are totally fine.

Oh ok I just thought it would be as bad as going from a 60fps to a 30fps game in terms of overall frame speed difference

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would stream my PS4 and PS5 from my 144hz Gsync monitor and never had any issues at all. It was always a joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Convex posted:

Oh ok I just thought it would be as bad as going from a 60fps to a 30fps game in terms of overall frame speed difference

The difference between 90fps and 60fps is much less perceptible than 60fps versus 30fps, with diminishing returns the higher you go. Past a certain point it's better to have a consistent framerate than a higher average.