Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Today I got my first dose in a WWII airplane factory hangar that is now an indoor soccer pitch, so everything was done on soft, fake grass and I'm so pumped to go back there for my second! Unfortunately, I'm in Ontario, so that will be four loving months from now.

I have heard so many people say they didn't even feel the needle, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's absolutely true! When I saw the needle go into my arm, my brain told me that it was a trick syringe like the ones used in movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i let myself be pressured into eating in an open air, enclosed courtyard restaurant at a hotel for mother's day and had a legit panic attack when we walked in and i saw only the staff masked up

don't do poo poo you're not ready to do, imho

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Whoops, Melbourne Australia has another case of covid. This time it's a returned traveler who went through the full 14 day hotel quarantine over in South Australia and was released a week ago, when he flew back to Melbourne and went home. 4 days later he started developing symptoms, he got tested yesterday and his positive test result came through this morning

https://twitter.com/VicGovDH/status/1391938437779836928

The current best guess is that he somehow got it from another returned traveler while he was in hotel quarantine, on his very last day of quarantine the person in the room next to him popped positive.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-11/victoria-covid-19-case-man-north-of-melbourne/100131038

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 11, 2021

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

satanic splash-back posted:

Will there be an ongoing thread for those who reuse to stop quarantining, ever?

If not, where will I fit in?

yeah it's in cspam

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tinnitus mostly cleared up, just like with real covid. im glad of being able to hear music again, as well as the irritating high frequency noises produced by lamps

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fur20 posted:

tinnitus mostly cleared up, just like with real covid. im glad of being able to hear music again, as well as the irritating high frequency noises produced by lamps

Glad to hear it. :classiclol:

More seriously, I wonder if the extreme sound sensitivity I had after the first Moderna dose might have been from the same mechanism. I didn't have any tinnitus, but holy hell was my hearing painfully sensitive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Getting my second dose very soon. My work wants to have a big lunch together at a restaurant in a week and I feel like a bad guy for not going.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Getting my second dose very soon. My work wants to have a big lunch together at a restaurant in a week and I feel like a bad guy for not going.

nooooo. nope. don't wanna go, don't go. their perception of you is not your problem

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Man, with forcing people into a workplace you can at least rationalize that they just value money over your lives. But lol wanting your entire workforce together in a restaurant for "reasons"?

Don't feel bad for not going, even in non-pandemic times do work lunches suck rear end.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1391864914571055113

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Helios Grime posted:

Man, with forcing people into a workplace you can at least rationalize that they just value money over your lives. But lol wanting your entire workforce together in a restaurant for "reasons"?

Don't feel bad for not going, even in non-pandemic times do work lunches suck rear end.

Listen to wisdom!^

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Covid passports are a coming in the UK. Saying it’s for foreign travel but you can bet your arse there will be an “or” tacked on in a lot of workplaces, with the requirement being a negative covid test or you can show your passport - “mah freedoms” won’t be a thing when people are legitimately been made redundant in droves, it’s just going to make HR’s job easier.

It’s going to be the NHS app and if you don’t have a smartphone you can call 911 for a letter - probably using a QR code on both which would get scanned at passport control. The NHS loves a QR code.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Rozzbot posted:

The NHS are giving priority to people in the community they have identified with tiny dicks

nooooo i'm voting to privatise next time

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

learnincurve posted:

Covid passports are a coming in the UK. Saying it’s for foreign travel but you can bet your arse there will be an “or” tacked on in a lot of workplaces, with the requirement being a negative covid test or you can show your passport - “mah freedoms” won’t be a thing when people are legitimately been made redundant in droves, it’s just going to make HR’s job easier.

It’s going to be the NHS app and if you don’t have a smartphone you can call 911 for a letter - probably using a QR code on both which would get scanned at passport control. The NHS loves a QR code.

covid passport has always been a joke. people will do anything to fake it or get around it while still continuing to travel. take it from me, hawaii has had a "covid pre-test" passport program for the past year that did gently caress of all.

how ineffective was it at stopping people infected with covid from coming to hawaii? so much so that just a couple weeks ago a kid died of covid, because his parents sneaked him around testing before they came to hawaii for their dream vacation https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-vaccinated-couple-flew-their-family-to-hawaii-their-young-son-died-of-covid-19-on-the-trip/ar-BB1g9vVK

quote:

“Possible sources of exposure are still under investigation,” Brooks Baehr, a spokesman for the Hawaii Department of Health, said in an email. “Symptoms developed within hours after arrival in Hawaii, so it is unlikely the child was exposed here.”

quote:

Hawaii has strict entry requirements for tourists age 5 and older: either self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival or take a coronavirus test from an approved partner within 72 hours of departure. In this case, while the child’s parents tested negative, he did not undergo testing before traveling.

this never had to happen, this kid didn't have to die but for his selfish dumb rear end parents. people will ignore the consequences of being irresponsible travelers during a pandemic even when it bites them on their own rear end

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

^ they won’t let you on the plane if it’s not legit and doesn’t scan. It’s not hard to implement.

learnincurve posted:

I’m glad of it. I’ve got my second dose today and I’ve booked a holiday for my family for next year. I’m crossing my fingers and toes and balls that everything can get fuckin good again. This is, and has been, absolute hell.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Got my second dose just now from a nurse who's name was spelled wrong on the sign and am now waiting the required 15 mins in a waiting room with a bee.
Pretty great day tbh

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

^ they won’t let you on the plane if it’s not legit and doesn’t scan. It’s not hard to implement.

I’m glad of it. I’ve got my second dose today and I’ve booked a holiday for my family for next year. I’m crossing my fingers and toes and balls that everything can get fuckin good again. This is, and has been, absolute hell.

Same but August so I can actually see my family for the first time since 2019. My vaccination should be complete by mid-June. Really looking forward to some kind of safe-traveller list. Would like there to be some vax requirements here in Switzerland but lmao at that ever being a possibility here. Politically it would never happen but every single IT tool developed around this pandemic has been unmitigated loving trash here so it would never work even if they did mandate it somehow.

For example, people are scrambling to get any appointments and there's no way to really figure out when the next available ones are or where except by just refreshing 5 different websites on 5 different devices or some poo poo like that. Fortunately some redditor coded a little web app to do that automatically with all of the sites for Bern and Zurich (https://rimpfli.web.app/) but something like that is too complicated for the governments to even think of let alone get working in less than 6 months.

Helios Grime posted:

Vaccination here is finally on a good upward trend, and more Cantons are opening up the 18+ brackets for getting poked. Timeslots to get it done are going away like lovely TVs on a black Friday sale and I'm lucky to get my first one on the 20th.

Congrats on your date! How many Postis do you have to take to get to where your appointment is? Is it a place you've even been before? A lot of my friends have suddenly been asking me where Riggisberg is.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

greazeball posted:

Same but August so I can actually see my family for the first time since 2019. My vaccination should be complete by mid-June. Really looking forward to some kind of safe-traveller list. Would like there to be some vax requirements here in Switzerland but lmao at that ever being a possibility here. Politically it would never happen but every single IT tool developed around this pandemic has been unmitigated loving trash here so it would never work even if they did mandate it somehow.

For example, people are scrambling to get any appointments and there's no way to really figure out when the next available ones are or where except by just refreshing 5 different websites on 5 different devices or some poo poo like that. Fortunately some redditor coded a little web app to do that automatically with all of the sites for Bern and Zurich (https://rimpfli.web.app/) but something like that is too complicated for the governments to even think of let alone get working in less than 6 months.

Congrats on your date! How many Postis do you have to take to get to where your appointment is? Is it a place you've even been before? A lot of my friends have suddenly been asking me where Riggisberg is.

lol luckily not far, I can take my bike over to the Expo Area in Bern. Also, a lot of my friends are getting their appointments directly from their Doctor or Medical centers.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fur20 posted:

Those 1 in 10000+ side effects suck the most. I won the side effect lottery and had blurry vision and it was super concerning because it wasn’t really documented in any of the standard vaccine stuff.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
AZ made me phenomenally hungry about 20 mins after I’d had it. It wasn’t regular hunger because I’d had a huge breakfast in case it made me feel poorly after.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The dnd crew is all vaxxed. Time to make lovely tacos and roll dice :getin:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

The dnd crew is all vaxxed. Time to make lovely tacos and roll dice :getin:

You know, even after covid is done, I dunno if I'll go back to in-person D&D. It's really nice to do over discord in my pajamas. You miss out on spontaneous silliness, but, pajamas.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
T minus 24 hours for me people. Lets do this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nice! another one for the group mind goonchat

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Check out deez dots!

My diary updated and each 1 = myself and then 1-4 incredibly vulnerable disabled people per day getting our last shots. YEHHHHH!*

*I don’t have to spend my life living in abject terror that I’ll infect vulnerable people because I needed milk anymore

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

learnincurve posted:

AZ made me phenomenally hungry about 20 mins after I’d had it. It wasn’t regular hunger because I’d had a huge breakfast in case it made me feel poorly after.

Sorry dude. You're pregnant.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

Nice! another one for the group mind goonchat

So what kind of 5G dataplan should I go for? I first planned for prepaid, since I thought I won't jump onto the new technology too fast. But with the download speeds I might be more comfortable with a flatrate.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Sjs00 posted:

T minus 24 hours for me people. Lets do this

103 days until my 2nd dose! :canada:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Helios Grime posted:

So what kind of 5G dataplan should I go for? I first planned for prepaid, since I thought I won't jump onto the new technology too fast. But with the download speeds I might be more comfortable with a flatrate.

You want unlimited with the free Amazon prime Amazon prime Amazon prime

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You know, even after covid is done, I dunno if I'll go back to in-person D&D. It's really nice to do over discord in my pajamas. You miss out on spontaneous silliness, but, pajamas.

You can do both - our first D&D in person session is in 2 weeks, I will absolutely be wearing pajamas or at least sweat pants. Best of both worlds.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

stab posted:

103 days until my 2nd dose! :canada:

See I thought 4 weeks between doses was on the long side but when I hear about experiences like this from abroad I immediately count my blessings. Solidarity to you and yours .

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

You can do both - our first D&D in person session is in 2 weeks, I will absolutely be wearing pajamas or at least sweat pants. Best of both worlds.

Ugh, I'm jealous. :smith: Punch a kobold for me.

learnincurve posted:

You want unlimited with the free Amazon prime Amazon prime Amazon prime

slickdeals dot net can help you stay ahead of the curve. with thousands of new, hot deals every day, you can save enough on your daily purchases to buy disney world.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Sjs00 posted:

See I thought 4 weeks between doses was on the long side but when I hear about experiences like this from abroad I immediately count my blessings. Solidarity to you and yours .

It's probably going to be a lot sooner fwiw. Canada was dry on supply most of the spring but we're supposed to have 50 million doses for 30 million eligible people by the end of June and the deliveries will just keep rolling. It's not going to be the full 4 months, especially if the USA lifts their export ban which as expected once the surplus doses start piling up.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Another Bill posted:

It's probably going to be a lot sooner fwiw. Canada was dry on supply most of the spring but we're supposed to have 50 million doses for 30 million eligible people by the end of June and the deliveries will just keep rolling. It's not going to be the full 4 months, especially if the USA lifts their export ban which as expected once the surplus doses start piling up.

Yup, that's the hope. The vaccine hesitancy is also a full 15% below the United States though(excluding Alberta aka America North), which is a great thing, but also means more people lined up for the jabs....either way, the faster, the better.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

learnincurve posted:

I had covid at the end of March and increased hunger was a very noticeable and weird symptom, which became extremely frustrating to me when it lined up with loss of taste since eating just became laborious and not fun at all.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Riptor posted:

I had covid at the end of March and increased hunger was a very noticeable and weird symptom, which became extremely frustrating to me when it lined up with loss of taste since eating just became laborious and not fun at all.

For like three days before I got sick I had no appetite at all. Everything still tasted and smelled the same, but I was barely eating.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm not glad I'm on break. It means more people have to take up my slack, but we're required to stop every 400-500 and take a break and I am about to have a real busy time here for a little bit.

What the gently caress, 400-500 seems like a TON before getting a break. What was the average amount pre covid?

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 11, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fenarisk posted:

What the gently caress, 400-500 seems like a TON before getting a break. What was the average amount lre covid?

I don't really know but I'll ask some of the folks who have been around in the group longer than me. I signed up because they were desperate for help. I assume not many at all. Overflow stuff like that was pretty rare. I'd done funerals before (one a dude I did a blessing for before he went overseas and welp, I guess I hosed that up because he didn't come back in one piece) but not as many as this and not so close together.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm watching a show about Jonas Salk developing the polio vaccine and LMAO, if the internet and 21st Century chuddism existed in the 50s we'd still have kids in iron lungs and just be like "Welp, whatcha gonna do?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I can feel the nanobot population inside me increasing daily. :feelsgood: