Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lolie posted:

If you're in NSW, the mass vaccination hub in Sydney opened today. People 40-49 can register online starting today to receive the Pfizer vaccine. From Wednesday, those 50 and over can make an appointment to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/register-your-interest-covid-vaccination

gently caress I wonder when it'll be opened to people in good states. And for Victorians too I guess, don't want them wandering about unvaccinated spreading disease and soy crumbs everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lolie posted:

If you're in NSW, the mass vaccination hub in Sydney opened today. People 40-49 can register online starting today to receive the Pfizer vaccine. From Wednesday, those 50 and over can make an appointment to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/register-your-interest-covid-vaccination

Mrs Spergo was mentioning this today saying maybe we should register I'm like oi did I just lose 10 years? We're in our 30s mate

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
5 people got stabbed in a NZ supermarket. 3 are in critical condition.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lolie posted:

5 people got stabbed in a NZ supermarket. 3 are in critical condition.

which vaccine were they given?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

which vaccine were they given?

not the knife vaccine, clearly.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
stabex 2 in 1 protects against cutlery and glassware

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Funnily enough the knife vaccine has issues with not clotting blood

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Turns out I did write off my partners car

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

bowmore posted:

Turns out I did write off my partners car

on one hand bad times for written off car, on other hand good times for car shopping.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

it is a very un-good time to be (used) car shopping.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
There's some big police operation happening at Parramatta and no trains which go through there are operating.

My daughter just had to get the Central Coast train to Strathfield and will have to get buses the rest of the way. They haven't even put on railway buses and it's going to take her an hour and a half to get to Blacktown.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hate buying used cars, it's a major pain in the rear end

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lolie posted:

There's some big police operation happening at Parramatta and no trains which go through there are operating.

My daughter just had to get the Central Coast train to Strathfield and will have to get buses the rest of the way. They haven't even put on railway buses and it's going to take her an hour and a half to get to Blacktown.

someone running around on the tracks according to SMH.

when i got home from work (westmead) there was copper choppers in the sky towards parra.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Laserface posted:

someone running around on the tracks according to SMH.

when i got home from work (westmead) there was copper choppers in the sky towards parra.

Yeah.

The police operation is over now but it's going to take hours for all the stuck trains to get to their proper places and services to get back to normal.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Designing a '97 Toyota seca that runs off of Aussie hip hop and triple J

Boost button labelled kerser

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I seriously hope they charge anyone who disrupts public transport with something expensive, fuckin halfwits

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

I seriously hope they charge anyone who disrupts public transport with something expensive, fuckin halfwits

They were treating it as a mental health incident.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I swear to god Jestery you better not edit this post.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Jestery posted:

Designing a '97 Toyota seca that runs off of Aussie hip hop and triple J

Boost button labelled kerser

I can smell this car

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

anyone heard from Malcolm Turnbeug recently?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

was thinking it was a while since we’d heard from our man in logan

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

I hate buying used cars, it's a major pain in the rear end
It's even worse trying to sell one, when it's at the stage of "yeah it still drives, but it could be hosed if you get an inspection done on it". I just gave up and let Cash for Cars take it at a "loss" (that money was considered lost when I bought it 5 years ago).
I don't even have a parking spot near my house for it, I'm not gonna go wander a full block or two and wait for some tyre-kicker every day they promise they'll be there exactly at 5pm to look at it

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laserface posted:

anyone heard from Malcolm Turnbeug recently?

he good, busy IRL

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
he's drizabone shopping

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
everyone in the thread gets better eventually.

today was less kind to all the daddy longlegs in my kitchen

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PancakeTransmission posted:

It's even worse trying to sell one, when it's at the stage of "yeah it still drives, but it could be hosed if you get an inspection done on it". I just gave up and let Cash for Cars take it at a "loss" (that money was considered lost when I bought it 5 years ago).
I don't even have a parking spot near my house for it, I'm not gonna go wander a full block or two and wait for some tyre-kicker every day they promise they'll be there exactly at 5pm to look at it
I can imagine but I've never sold a car unless it's to the scrap man

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BurgerQuest posted:

he good, busy IRL

this is good.

Carlos Lantana posted:

everyone in the thread gets better eventually.

today was less kind to all the daddy longlegs in my kitchen
'hey fellas you think family court is bias what til you get a load of this guys kitchen' or something cbf sticking the landing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

everyone in this thread gets better by sucking the positive energy out of blow, who just gets worse and worse

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who's blow?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

BurgerQuest posted:

Who's blow?

he's your mate isn't he?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

"Blow commonly refers to:

Cocaine

Exhalation

Strike (attack)"

:350:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
free Malcolm Turnbeug

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

he's your mate isn't he?

:drat:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Free nvj and burgerquest, free all political prisoners of dipshit seppo cunts who wouldn't recognise a good post if it hosed their missus while playing Slim Dusty's Duncan on the harmonica.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

Free nvj and burgerquest, free all political prisoners of dipshit seppo cunts who wouldn't recognise a good post if it hosed their missus while playing Slim Dusty's Duncan on the harmonica.

lol

tbf, posting in AusPol is grounds enough for a probe.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 11, 2021

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Fair.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

i ate a burrito last night that was so bland and tasteless and it had raisins in it. should’ve been illegal. what’s an actual decent Mexican place in Melbourne.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Pausing the no politics rule to say that there are some good mental health initiatives in last night's budget. The stand outs are the establishment of what is effectively Headspace for adults, and funding to ensure that every person who attempts suicide receives 3 months of follow up mental health care (this one is huge).

There's still not enough funding for complex mental health services, but it's a baby step in the right direction.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lolie posted:

Pausing the no politics rule to say that there are some good mental health initiatives in last night's budget. The stand outs are the establishment of what is effectively Headspace for adults, and funding to ensure that every person who attempts suicide receives 3 months of follow up mental health care (this one is huge).

There's still not enough funding for complex mental health services, but it's a baby step in the right direction.

i've got money to burn and i can't even get an appointment, poo poo's hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

i've got money to burn and i can't even get an appointment, poo poo's hosed

What sort of provider do you need?