Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Lord of Pie posted:

I thought the Likud chuds didn't think the diaspora were real Jews anyway

they thought the same thing about the soviet diaspora until they needed cheap labor to recover from the big crashes in the 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zisky posted:

being an American Jew really sucks sometimes, and that's entirely separate and yet (for some people) intrinsically linked to how much Israel loving sucks

This probably isn't the right thread for that idea, but I don't know where else to put it.
jews speaking up is a good thing. the likudnik project wants jews to identify with israel as an identity so if anyone criticizes whatever the government is doing that is therefore attacking a jewish identity. and there are creepy far-right people in the U.S. who desire the same thing

Zisky posted:

Birthright also seriously fucks with the brains of a lot of young people that don't know any better.
a couple of years ago there was a young guy who showed up at my group's meeting wanting to know what our position on israel was about. he was into this labor zionism thing (ship has sailed, dude) and had his birthright shirt or whatever. i told him it was an apartheid state and he got offended, but i had also recently met a jewish activist for palestinian causes who was beat up by israeli cops in israel and had menacing phone calls sent to her parents back in the U.S., so

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I have a job that requires regularly talking about controversial political subjects and I'm deathly afraid to bring up Israel because that's the poo poo that will get me fired.

Lib_Crusher
Dec 6, 2018
https://twitter.com/Jtruzmah/status/1392236753008820226

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

remembering this lf classic

Latuff been calling it like it is for fuckin years lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TreyYingst/status/1392255906344275973

Mowing the lawn I guess.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Owl20m/status/1392256102243258368
america

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a new study bible! posted:

I have a job that requires regularly talking about controversial political subjects and I'm deathly afraid to bring up Israel because that's the poo poo that will get me fired.

What line of work?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Iran needs a nuke before the next round of Israeli runoff elections

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

looking forward to america sending thoughts and prayers with biden calling for restraint while israel flattens apartment buildings

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Tanks seem like a bad choice for gaza. They probably should use infantry fighting vehicles, or possibly child fighting vehicles. Anyway, hope the tank crews burn to death

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Hatebag posted:

Tanks seem like a bad choice for gaza. They probably should use infantry fighting vehicles, or possibly child fighting vehicles. Anyway, hope the tank crews burn to death

they will hang outside in the open and just hit buildings.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
They probably learned their lesson last time about actually rolling those things through gaza and will just use them as artillery from their side of the fence as usual

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/Intel_Sky/status/1392223500522467328

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres a huge buffer zone inside the fence that the tanks will sit in to fire at buildings from

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

those are merkavas? Thats what they are designed for right? Sitting in a dug out and shelling.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Hatebag posted:

Anyway, hope the tank crews burn to death

Merkavas these days are essentially impervious to RPGs thanks to Trophy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

paul_soccer12 posted:

im still skeptical that iron dome has ever successfully shot down anything. seems just like a way to inflate the threat from the gaza rockets by going ya sure there are never any actual casualties from these attacks but imagine how bad it would be if we didnt have this gigantic bloated military tax dollar giveaway protecting our brave settlers
i think that's part of it, but i was looking at this where hamas will spam cheap rockets through bespoke MLRS. i wonder if that just overwhelms iron dome which allows the rockets with the heavier payloads to get through

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1392204034036092928

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

they will hang outside in the open and just hit buildings.

Well hopefully they have some anti-tank rockets then. I'm being hopeful

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

some levity……

https://twitter.com/jaboukie/status/1392178111207329795?s=21

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Zisky posted:

Merkavas these days are essentially impervious to RPGs thanks to Trophy.

Well maybe they have a radar array and they can blast the trophy turret with countermeasures while shooting an anti-tank rocket

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Zisky posted:

being an American Jew really sucks sometimes, and that's entirely separate and yet (for some people) intrinsically linked to how much Israel loving sucks

This probably isn't the right thread for that idea, but I don't know where else to put it.

I feel like this is the moderate rights most common form of anti-semitism, implying American Jews have loyalty to Israel is just a subtle way of saying "we like you, but leave."

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

go back to being irrelevant please

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/EinatWilf/status/1392220678804414467?s=19

???

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wilf, the wario of milf

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

liberal defenders of israel in the west are all about this kind of poo poo, trying to invoke feels and wishy washy nonsense and how its regrettable but necessary to kill palestinian children

meanwhile in israel they're openly saying that arabs are animals, we're going to take their poo poo and there's nothing anyone can do about it

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

checks out:

quote:

The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's cool to just admit you believe in race war on twitter and think you're making a reasonable argument.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its so insane that Israel is announcing that its going to and then destroying apartment buildings and no ones going to do anything about it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mistermojo posted:

its so insane that Israel is announcing that its going to and then destroying apartment buildings and no ones going to do anything about it

They have been sending people notices that say "your house is going to be bulldozed a week from thursday" for the last 20 years.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

isn’t that one of the signs of fascism or something. can’t recall what I read that from.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mistermojo posted:

theyve been doing it forever
before twitter they would drop a dummy warhead on the roof as a 10 min warning.
most moral army, baby

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Israeli fascists finally being put on a leash is the best thing about the coming collapse of American hegemony imo

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

OK baizuo posted:

Israeli fascists finally being put on a leash is the best thing about the coming collapse of American hegemony imo

Is that happening.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vasukhani posted:

Is that happening.

no

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/EinatWilf/status/1351195722163638273?s=19

lol

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Vasukhani posted:

Is that happening.

the collapse of american hegemony? yes, well that or nuclear war

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the Palestinians are currently showing incredible heroic resistance, gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Now we can nuke the king David hotel