Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinche Rudo posted:

Quote this post with MDK if you think Nick Gage should stab Jim Cornette and all his cop caller fans with a broken light tube

MDK all fuckin day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

Quote this post with MDK if you think Nick Gage should stab Jim Cornette and all his cop caller fans with a broken light tube

MDK all fuckin day. Shout out to everyone locked up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pinche Rudo posted:

MDK

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I got a Nick Gage cameo for a dude who just left my work as a going away present. Absolutely worth the 25 bucks, Nick will just record them wherever he is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I personally hope that Nick Gage does not stab anyone except for his opponents in the ring, and hopefully soon the Zona junkyard.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't have any insight into who Nick Gage should or shouldn't stab but I trust that the recipients will be deserving and hope that he never feels an iota of punishment or retribution from them.

MDK

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

MDK all day every day

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Free my boy TwoSix

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/realcoachrosey/status/1392232234053029889?s=21

Imagine thinking tripping the bot that scans the internet to generate C&Ds for the owners of the “50 Shades” franchise is “doing something right.”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chelsea was going to name her podcast 50 Shades of Green, but got hit with a C&D. This is speaking truth to power.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Literally all of the worst accounts have decided they need to pretend this spot is dangerous.

https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1392186199247183874

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there's a really hosed up part of the brains of people who's only exposure to wrestling is WWE that says any move that looks cool is actually dangerous and shouldn't be done

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

MDK

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

MDK, free every prisoner

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/realcoachrosey/status/1392232234053029889?s=21

Imagine thinking tripping the bot that scans the internet to generate C&Ds for the owners of the “50 Shades” franchise is “doing something right.”

between this and the art credit thing, Chelsea seems kind of stupid

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

between this and the art credit thing, Chelsea seems kind of stupid

The art thing ended up being a point to her after seeing the art, and honestly this is just an IP holder being overly litigious over what's clearly fair use.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
To be fair the 50 Shades claim seems bullshit. Nobody’s gonna confuse a wrestler’s podcast with a series of BDSM novels.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

To be fair the 50 Shades claim seems bullshit. Nobody’s gonna confuse a wrestler’s podcast with a series of BDSM novels.

The woman who wrote them is notorious for this. Which is ironic because her entire book is fanfic with the serial numbers filed off.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Alaois posted:

there's a really hosed up part of the brains of people who's only exposure to wrestling is WWE that says any move that looks cool is actually dangerous and shouldn't be done

Let me explain how a generic senton is the most dangerous move in the world, please ignore one wrestler having to hide another one from a third to stop them trying to get the rest of their poo poo in after concussing them twice.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pinche Rudo posted:

MDK all loving day

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is ‘all friends wrestling’ some sort of dopey Conette cult code name for AEW?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dawgstar posted:

Yup, it's apparently an insult because AEW isn't a bunch of assholes backstage trying to ratfuck each other.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gumball Gumption posted:

Are they just delighted by the novelty of moving words around? I don't think I've failed to understand a Cornette joke the way I've failed to understand this one.

These are the people who think Shave Seltzer is a totally sick burn.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope nobody gets stabbed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

Literally all of the worst accounts have decided they need to pretend this spot is dangerous.

https://twitter.com/OGJOHNNY5/status/1392186199247183874

That is, like, literally the safest way to execute that move. Her opponent knows it's coming, bends the knees at the right time to avoid full impact on the back, and rolls away to sell the move. And Tay pulls it off so smoothly it looks like she broke her back when she clearly didn't, which is enhanced by her opponent selling at the right time.

Do people want to be worked or not? Wrestlers spend literal years training to make basic moves like this look like a killer.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Dawgstar posted:

Yes and no. He and his cult use it, but they're not the only ones. It's about the idea that they hired too many friends of the EVPs that a given person thinks didn't make sense to hire. "Friends Championship Wrestling" was already in common usage about certain indies that were considered too insular, and that had nothing to do with Cornette.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

That is, like, literally the safest way to execute that move. Her opponent knows it's coming, bends the knees at the right time to avoid full impact on the back, and rolls away to sell the move. And Tay pulls it off so smoothly it looks like she broke her back when she clearly didn't, which is enhanced by her opponent selling at the right time.

Do people want to be worked or not? Wrestlers spend literal years training to make basic moves like this look like a killer.

tay's rope-hanging senton and joey's death valley driver are the ultimate test of if someone actually knows what they're looking at when watching wrestling lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all friends wrestling is a good idea.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not as good as all fiends wrestling

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

Yes and no. He and his cult use it, but they're not the only ones. It's about the idea that they hired too many friends of the EVPs that a given person thinks didn't make sense to hire. "Friends Championship Wrestling" was already in common usage about certain indies that were considered too insular, and that had nothing to do with Cornette.

In the context this was about AEW as it was somebody responding to the Mongo and Friends Twitter account posting that very upsetting Jack Evans ROH spot where he lands entirely on his head and neck on the outside.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

This post brought you by BEST FIENDS, the mobile game every podcast is talking about!

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the pearl clutching over that tay conti spot is so loving weird lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

OAF - Oops All Fiends

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Destroy My Sweater posted:

People wanna tell you how green and bad she is because she wasn't much in NXT's stale rear end loser's school.

Just like they wanna go on about how "charlotte looks"

or Brandi needs to not do things.

Nope no misogyny here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tbf I thought it looked gnarly as hell to take until someone posted here about the Madi bending the knees thing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Tbf I thought it looked gnarly as hell to take until someone posted here about the Madi bending the knees thing

Yeah, human bodies aren't meant to bend that direction so it's very easy to look at it and complain that it's dangerous but pearl clutchers also should realize that these people aren't going to risk their careers for a mid-match spot on YouTube.

If you pause it at the moment of impact it looks wild and you can imagine how terrible it'd feel to have your back bend like that in an unsafe way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's very funny to see people get worked or pretend to get worked by a spot that Tay has done before and has been around for years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's a 100% safe move, she's completely in control of herself.

Between this, the MJF art thing and the Joey Janela DVD, people are so loving desperate to dislike AEW that they're working themselves into having the exact desired reaction from what the AEW wrestlers are doing. This is loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everyone is going to make wrestling real again it's beautiful.