Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

External Organs posted:

We talking "wow I can't believe I'm older than Kurt Cobain ever was" or "I don't know about this new bebop poo poo, Louis Armstrong is all I've ever need!"

More of an Art Blakey man myself, tbh.

I'm 39 as of today :corsair:

Thanks everyone for the messages. :D

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hwurmp posted:

you don't even need a bra to prepare food, why is he trying to brag

hylics taught me you can get clothes to improve cooking, actually.

wuggles posted:

Aren’t most women bra-less at home, because (I’m led to understand) bras are torture prisons?

Only if you're not properly fitted, or possibly with a small bust. Average or above it's usually more comfortable with.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 12, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey thread. I'm officially Old today.

Congratulate me.

:toot:

Happy bday, hope it went well :) I'm turning 30 on the 27th, feels like May has a lot of games chat thread birthdays in it

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

Only if you're not properly fitted, or possibly with a small bust. Average or above it's usually more comfortable with.

No that's bullshit, it's more comfortable to go without the bra. It is so much less strain on your back and it doesn't hurt, I go without because bras are uncomfortable and underwire can dig into me and it pinches and it's a cumbersome nuisance. Bras help for things like when a busty person exercises and doesn't have to worry about hurting themselves with their boobs but not just casually at home, bras in general just kinda loving suck to wear.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll never be older than my hero Julie Andrews so I’m eternally young

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

happy birthday to all who celebrate

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

More of an Art Blakey man myself, tbh.

I'm 39 as of today :corsair:

Thanks everyone for the messages. :D

You’re not old til next year! Happy birthday :)

Bloodborne is pretty great. I’ve died a hundred times but surprisingly managed Gascoine on my third attempt. That one took me so many tries last time I played.

The regular enemies have made up for Gascoine’s poor showing though. I even died to the crows!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

No that's bullshit, it's more comfortable to go without the bra. It is so much less strain on your back and it doesn't hurt, I go without because bras are uncomfortable and underwire can dig into me and it pinches and it's a cumbersome nuisance. Bras help for things like when a busty person exercises and doesn't have to worry about hurting themselves with their boobs but not just casually at home, bras in general just kinda loving suck to wear.

That sounds like you have a bad fit, which is common. I felt the same way until I found stuff that fit better.

That being said it does come down to personal preference somewhat.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 12, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

PBR is a hydration beer

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hello thread, let's play a game! see if you can guess which sonic character represents the following arthurian figures in sonic and the black knight

king arthur - sonic himself! the apparent king is an illusion
merlin - an oc, sorry
sir lancelot - shadow
sir gawain - knuckles
sir percival - blaze
sir galahad - silver
sir lamorak - jet
the lady of the lake - amy rose
the town blacksmith - miles "tails" prower

overall this game is a big improvement over secret rings and i liked it a lot!! the controls are no longer entirely motion-based and so suck infinitely less, but since sonic has a sword there's a big emphasis on combat and that still feels clunky as heck. but the setting is extremely cute and i'm bummed these storybook games control so poorly because i'd love to have seen more of them. the story is well realized and you even get to play as the three main rival knights in the story mode after a certain point, and they have unique abilities and voiced lines for every level i've played with them. also knight of the wind slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNB4Cy4mftI

next up is... sonic the hedgehog 4! oh boy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hey thread. I'm officially Old today.

Congratulate me.

:toot:

happy birthday!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looper posted:

sir gawain - knuckles

After seeing the new Green Knight trailer today this seems reasonable

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Looper posted:

hello thread, let's play a game! see if you can guess which sonic character represents the following arthurian figures in sonic and the black knight

sorry, as someone who actually played that game to completion, i'm disqualified from participating

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve not heard of this particular sonic game until two minutes ago

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve not heard of this particular sonic game until two minutes ago
They were originally going to do an entire series of Sonic in fairy tales games. Secret Rings did well but Black Knight didn't

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
oh my gawd its adorable :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx4tDiKNNJU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SeXReX posted:

do people like? fill out their tax forms holding the pen in their toes or something???? 2 W2s and a 1099 and it took me maybe 15 minutes

I just finished filing my taxes, it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes lol. Probably exacerbated by my paranoia in double-checking all the forms and having to research why it was saying I was eligible for a credit that the program told me I couldn't claim in previous years... so even if I have a decent refund I can't be confident I'm not going to get hosed over later this year lol

Tomorrow I do my parents' taxes which are 5 times more complicated :suicide:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you don't want to have complicated taxes then I recommend never owning or renting out property, never having any source of income other than a fixed salary, never having children, and ESPECIALLY never starting your own business of any kind. So far so good!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah turns out its really easy to do your taxes when your employer basically does the entire thing for you with a W2

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

New Super Metis posted:

happy birthday to all who celebrate

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If you have a birthday, happy birthday!
If it is not for a while, happy birthday for then!
If we have missed it, happy birthday for back then!

Just thinking about Sekiro and something I really appreciate about the bosses with a phase two is that most of the time they are not drastically different but merely have a few bits of evolution on the moves they made before.
Just watching Owl #2 fight again and so many of his moves just had the tiniest flourish in his second phase in both of hit fights, so you know if you can beat phase one then you have a very good chance of phase two and adapting to these little differences is the point of being a Shinobi :)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One time I said it was my birthday but no one responded so I can never do it again

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

One time I said it was my birthday but no one responded so I can never do it again

That means you didn't age that year, I'm jealous.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

VideoGames posted:

If you have a birthday, happy birthday!
If it is not for a while, happy birthday for then!
If we have missed it, happy birthday for back then!

Just thinking about Sekiro and something I really appreciate about the bosses with a phase two is that most of the time they are not drastically different but merely have a few bits of evolution on the moves they made before.
Just watching Owl #2 fight again and so many of his moves just had the tiniest flourish in his second phase in both of hit fights, so you know if you can beat phase one then you have a very good chance of phase two and adapting to these little differences is the point of being a Shinobi :)

A neat touch I noticed with the fight with Genichiro on top of Ashina Castle is that in phase two he loses all of his armor and the game reflects this change by having him take more posture and health damage than when he was fully armored.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jolo posted:

A neat touch I noticed with the fight with Genichiro on top of Ashina Castle is that in phase two he loses all of his armor and the game reflects this change by having him take more posture and health damage than when he was fully armored.

Until I did Owl #2 in Hirata last night that was my favourite fight in the game tied with O-Rin and Owl #1.

That is such a cool detail that I never noticed! Thank you!

And I am so close to the end. Either Friday or Sunday I think I will be completing it. Paused last night at DoH and then getting to the spot afterwards :3:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Help Im Alive posted:

I try to reply to birthday posts so I apologize for my negligence if this happened during my tenure as poster

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i mean, 'gansett, yuengling, victory, sierra nevada, brooklyn, anchor, dogfish, miller high life, hamms...

there's a great american lager for all budgets and tastes but pbr is not among them

Yuengling does not belong on this list either

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Any opinions regarding Ikea's Markus vs the Staples' Hyken office chairs?

I don't want to spend the money right now—I would prefer to save up for something better—but my back and knees have been killing me lately.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Have you tried a kneeling chair?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I don't want to spend the money right now—I would prefer to save up for something better—but my back and knees have been killing me lately.
biggest difference is just foam vs mesh. comfort vs support + the foam will wear out eventually. my last chair was a markus though and its a pretty good sit

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The United States posted:

no but my experience with sitting alternatives has been mostly negative. i might try it someday, but right now i just need a solid chair, i think.

homeless snail posted:

biggest difference is just foam vs mesh. comfort vs support + the foam will wear out eventually. my last chair was a markus though and its a pretty good sit

good lumbar support i think is the most important aspect.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The United States posted:

My bad knee hurts just looking at that. Probably a great workout though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/...ingawful.com%2F

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The idea of having to choose which maiden gets turned into a sword is the extremely top-shelf Yoko Taro poo poo

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Okay look.

I know I'm biased but I'm just gonna have to say that Guiness is better than PBR

I drank ONE of those PBR Extra and got a hangover. :mad:

Also it tastes like Super Tennents, which is to say, it tastes like total rear end

Maybe tonight I'll try the PBR coffee oh wait they make Guiness with coffee too never mind

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Rinkles posted:

Herman Miller

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Maybe tonight I'll try the PBR coffee oh wait they make Guiness with coffee too never mind

I just watched an old review of the PBR Hard Coffee recently from a coffee channel I follow if you'd like a little preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6gOu4_HxX8

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 12, 2021

Weedle
May 31, 2006

pbr is the ideal beer to drink 5-8 of and not give a poo poo. for actual beverage enjoyment there's no comparison whatsoever between guinness and pbr. if someone told you pbr is the guinness of america they were trolling you

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

I've been wanting to try that PBR Easy - A PBR that's 110 calories? That's a all-day-at-the-James River drink if I've ever seen one.

Edit: nvm there's only 144 calories in a regular PBR! A negligible difference. I thought it had to be 200

untzthatshit fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 12, 2021

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

untzthatshit posted:

I've been wanting to try that PBR Easy - A PBR that's 110 calories? That's a all-day-at-the-James River drink if I've ever seen one.

Edit: nvm there's only 144 calories in a regular PBR! A negligible difference. I thought it had to be 200

Yeah I mean hell even a pint of guiness is only 125 calories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Simone Magus posted:

Okay look.

I know I'm biased but I'm just gonna have to say that Guiness is better than PBR

I drank ONE of those PBR Extra and got a hangover. :mad:

Also it tastes like Super Tennents, which is to say, it tastes like total rear end

That's like saying Apples are better than Oranges. (I mean, you're right, Guinness is better by far, but that's not the point)

Anybody drinking PBR is doing it because its a watery lager, and Guinness is the polar opposite of that, its a dark stout.

But yeah, Guinness has flavor and PBR doesn't. But like, of course. They're basically completely different drink categories. PBR is in the same league as like Bud and Dos Equis and Modelo, not good beers.

Its funny, the only time I drink cheap American lagers is when I'm going to the lake (since you can't have glass bottles and cheap beer is usually available in cans at gas stations) so now even if I'm not at the lake, if I have a cheap lager, I feel like I am.