Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

rodbeard posted:

I just remembered that guy named MegaZone who registered an account here to defend legally changing his name to MegaZone and immediately got banned for the stated reason of being named MegaZone.

To date he's also behind the only redtext I've ever gotten, I think, and I didn't even burn him that badly on his obviously ludicrous name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The reason he registered is because someone found his page and posted a thread making fun of him for changing his name to MegaZone, and he found the thread because the kind of person who legally changes his name to MegaZone probably googles his name every 20 minutes.

e: just googled him, his name is still legally MegaZone, he lives in my state, and he seems like an okay dude now. he probably would have been a yosposter tbh.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 17:38 on May 6, 2021

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
'twas in this very thread that he refused my challenge to fight a man with snakes for nipples.

I still regret that day...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBRIES
HUH NUH NUH NUH NUH MOOOOOOONLIGHT

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Earl Pomegranate

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

'twas in this very thread that he refused my challenge to fight a man with snakes for nipples.

I still regret that day...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBRIES
HUH NUH NUH NUH NUH MOOOOOOONLIGHT

Did you already have such a man lined up, or were you hoping one would volunteer himself after the challenge had been accepted ?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Lady Disdain posted:

Did you already have such a man lined up, or were you hoping one would volunteer himself after the challenge had been accepted ?

It was an amazing picture from the AUG thread (at the time) of my glorious snake snakenippled hero.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Late, but Pasha Passionfruit?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Jodamon (adult)

Anubis (child, parents both white as could be)

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
ive been sitting on these for a while:
honnesty
jackqia
hitosis
currinner
beauty blackness
flem
afphny
wrokunien
sheneather
methuxelah
knewriah
xerxes
fairteque
taelur

last names:
sackmaster
wimpie
mushrush

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
People really just be naming their kids off a scrabble pull, huh?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Marcade posted:

Jodamon (adult)

So, is it pronounced like 'Joe-Damon', or 'Joda-Mon' like some lousy Pokémon you'd never pick?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

I have no idea, just saw it on the ID that got turned in. I figure he's a budget Digimon.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Xerxes would be a cool pet name at least

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

People really just be naming their kids off a scrabble pull, huh?

Gotta say that's a great list of names for random Sims.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My dad sent me this news article today:

Guess he couldn't.....

:cool:Smooth things over.:cool:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1392960170087665673

Dicaprio Bootle

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Marlon couldn't even be bothered to come up with a last name.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
The head of the Texas House Election Committee, an rear end in a top hat Republican who has no idea what he's doing other than ramming racist election legislation through (but I repeat myself), is named Briscoe Cain, which exactly what he would be named in a bad novel.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

From here:

Lashanda Breedlove (actually this name totally owns and I only copied it because I like it so much)
Msshaniequa
Labria
Aljonique

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

...Labria...

I have to assume this one is pronounced La Bria, but that's not how I will ever read it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Lashanda Breedlove (actually this name totally owns and I only copied it because I like it so much)

I'm most familiar with "Breedlove" as a last name from Craig Breedlove, five-time world landspeed record holder and terror of the Bonneville Salt Flats

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Had a co-worker that was engaged to a guy last name Breedlove and would have had the last name Cross-Breedlove if it had gone through.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
They're fond of mules; what's wrong with that????

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I took a walk through green wood cemetery to see where some famous people were buried and found a tombstone for an Adolphus Broberg which I think is awesome rather than terrible but I didn't know where else to share it.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

rodbeard posted:

I took a walk through green wood cemetery to see where some famous people were buried and found a tombstone for an Adolphus Broberg which I think is awesome rather than terrible but I didn't know where else to share it.

Probably swedish, bro means bridge, berg means mountain. Adolphus and variants of it were popular names in Sweden until that eccentric Austrian passed away mid 20th century.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
There's a Symonena and a Calandaria having birthdays today, and a guest named Katonna arriving in two weeks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Astrofig posted:

There's a Symonena and a Calandaria having birthdays today, and a guest named Katonna arriving in two weeks.

Those are unusual but I don't think they wholly suck. Those people *are* going to spend their whole lives spelling their names for people but then, my first name is Irish so I constantly have to do that too.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah I was mostly lolling at Katonna. Pronounced like the sword, apparently.

Oh and Ubalda and Chresten are also having birthdays today.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
A lady in Alabama robbed a bank and used the money for plastic surgery. Her name? Iconic Facce

I suppose the name fits if you're into looking good via plastic surgery.

HopperUK posted:

Those are unusual but I don't think they wholly suck. Those people *are* going to spend their whole lives spelling their names for people but then, my first name is Irish so I constantly have to do that too.

Yeah, that would probably happen anyway. My husband has an exceedingly common English name and people still get it wrong if he doesn't spell it out. It's just one of them things.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I think people have gone silly with name pronunciations. Like, suddenly common names are no longer easy to spell or pronounce, when a decade ago they were.
My friend Aaron was telling me that he spent 30 years of his life with an easily spelt/pronounced name, but in the past 5 years or so, he's suddenly had to start telling people, "No, it's /ć/ like 'arrow,' not /ɑː/ like 'father'."
And it's not because he's talking to a new group of people who wouldn't've encountered the name before. People have just come to expect names to be booby-trapped.

/rant

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.
There’s a relationship counsellor near me named Dr. Mike Semon, and I used to work with a Dr. Raper. I know they’re just names and they can’t help it, but like…………. C’mon, fellas

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

A guy named Shennandoah Beaumont is running for a municipal council seat on the Communist ticket in my city.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
dominion, which my boss called "aggressive"
lezarrhea
kindle
confort
wylordean
daxtyn
pebblez
commer
kip
kyrle
saxon
sheriee
chelvast
kennaye
tanz

last names:
peed
snowball
pups
frankenberger

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This feels like it should be an alternate title for 2 girls, 1 cup.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

fartknocker posted:

This feels like it should be an alternate title for 2 girls, 1 cup.

I want you to know this post made me unhappy.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
From this week's guest and birthdays list:
Ragieve
Kierei (unsure if this is supposed to be 'Kyrie' like the hymn or Kairi like in Kingdom Hearts)
*Normal first name* Lawyer
Mei You

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

rodbeard posted:

There's a place here that has an extremely funny name in Swedish:

It means "six bridges".

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
There was a surname Hardbro in my hometown as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Doll House Ghost posted:

There's a place here that has an extremely funny name in Swedish:

It means "six bridges".
🎶 Sexbro, sexbro, you're a sexbro
You can charge my crystal but it won't be no homo
Sexbro sexbro, you're my sexbro
And buddy you can turn me on 🎶