Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Alien ... dicks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BigglesSWE posted:

I remember when I got my first dedicated gaming computer. It had a whopping 2GB RAM and I got it the same day as Medieval II Total War was released. Goddamn what a day.
My first gaming computer had 512KB of RAM. It was a mind-blowing step up from gaming on my dad's work computer which boasted a whopping 0B of hard drive storage. :corsair:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fondue posted:

Alien ... dicks?

Not Safe For Beelor

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (October 5-6, 1933)

Peanuts (May 13-14, 1974)

These are the first strips in Snoopy's long scouting career. There was an ad with Snoopy and his Beagle Scout troop of Woodstock birds that used to play constantly with the afternoon cartoons, but for the life of me I can't find any trace of it at the usual video dumpsites.

Funky Winkerbean

COVIDshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (December 9-10, 1937)

Out Our Way, in which we finally catch up to the one they used in the Wikipedia article. (August 3-5, 1936)

Toonerville Folks (July 30-August 1, 1917)

Dok's "One Last Request For The Condemned" Duck (August 6, 1913)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 12, 2021

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Custom kitchen deliveryyyyy-yyyyy-yyy-yyy~
We gotta move these, refrigerators.
We gotta move these color TVs.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (May 20, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (July 13, 1918)

Banana Oil! (March 20, 1924)

Gay and Her Gang (June 29, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (November 30, 1935)

Mopsy (January 29, 1937)

Dark Laughter (August 18, 1945)

Those Were the Days (April 16, 1953)

Dinky Fellas (August 19, 1965)

Wee Pals (August 19, 1965)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Bernice is the smart one

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Powered Descent posted:

It's super rare for it to come to an actual lawsuit, but yeah, at the very least it's considered a dick move to not shovel the sidewalk in front of your own place.

It's probably more of an HOA thing these days, tbh.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Alarm bells are ringing, klaxons are sounding, lights are flashing, a guy is standing behind her waving red flags...

Has this strip done a Very Special Episode about Borderline Personality Disorder before?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (August 19, 1965)

who could hate this comic, that one commenter from before who liked luann for some reason is trippin

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (January 29, 1937)

drat Mopsy

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Green Intern posted:

Has this strip done a Very Special Episode about Borderline Personality Disorder before?
Isn't this basically the entirety of Mary Worth? Dogs, muffins, and borderline personality disorders.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/11/01

Brenda Starr 6/16/41

I'm sure no one in this forum is snickering at "Gee, I'm sorry I slugged that dick."

Smokey Stover 1/26/41

I need to start using "Greetings, heel -- start to spiel!"

Richard's Poor Almanac

The business with ice cubes eventually ended up in Cul de Sac.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (April 16, 1953)

I just realized something: 1953. Still very early days for the whole rock 'n' roll thing, and I really hope we get to see these from when it has kicked off in earnest. Art Beeman's got a whole other thing coming :allears:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I need some help with this one.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Doe nuts

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wow, gently caress you, Batiuk.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: "Death and..." (April 9-15, 2001)

Featuring the first drive-by mention that microorganisms are also sentient in this universe.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

As a professor who teaches an intro to programming course I appreciate this.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori is a high brow comic for smart people.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

My trigonometry teacher in high school caught me doing this once. Can't say I didn't deserve the response I got, although I felt dumb mainly because I forgot to hit clear, which was how I usually hot away with it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

I suspected he was setting up an arc rather than just giving us cranky Janis out of the blue.

Tina's Groove Classic (August 31, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (August 31, 1999)

Garfield Classic (August 31, 1989)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Deathless Deer 2/22-24/43

"Yeah, zct you too, buddy."

How does a bird, or anyone else, pronounce "klxn"?

So we have another twist in the Deathless Deer saga. When the strip first came out, it was picked up by 200 papers nationwide, mostly on the strength of McMein’s reputation and Patterson’s newspaper connections. And then it proved to be an almost instant flop, between the stiff art and the meandering plot.

But the strip’s publisher, Joseph Patterson of the Daily News (who was, not incidentally, Alicia Patterson’s father) had a plan to rescue it. He recruited Zack Mosley, writer-artist of the popular adventure strip Smilin’ Jack, to come aboard as a ghostwriter and punch up Alicia’s scripts.

Mosley never got a credit for his work on Deathless Deer. I was wondering if we’d be able to tell when his contribution started. From the way the dialogue has suddenly turned more slangy and there’s actually a bit of action happening, I think we’re seeing the start of the Mosley era now.

If you like playing Six Degrees of Separation, Mosley used to be roommates with Russell (Flyin’ Jenny) Keaton. Also, Joseph Patterson was the editor who initially rejected Brenda Starr because he didn’t approve of “women cartoonists." He was eventually convinced to print Brenda by his assistant, Mollie Slott — the great-great aunt of Marvel writer Dan Slott.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 12:14 on May 12, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Weird how this whole time I never noticed Brenda Starr was drawn by a female cartoonist. The pseudonym certainly had me fooled, as does the weirdly misogynistic tone of the writing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Selachian posted:

How does a bird, or anyone else, pronounce "klxn"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QVMDnSZ5Wk&t=94s

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That's been the default stamp for over a decade this kid literally isn't old enough to remember the other kind

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 11, 1945)

The Medieval Castle (Mar. 11, 1945)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: "Death and..." (April 9-15, 2001)

Featuring the first drive-by mention that microorganisms are also sentient in this universe.

How would a bacteria fill out the form? Are there tiny computers? Or giant bacteria?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So Val is cured now because serious head injuries cancel each other out right

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Aleta needed him mentally broken so she could bewitch him properly (because she is a witch, where witch ~= psychologist). Unfortunately she still wanted his skull intact, so now will have to perform minor cranial reconstruction in violation of her oath to hide her hypercompetence from the wider world.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

(because she is a witch, where witch ~= psychologist).

surely you mean headologist

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Now that Val has gone through an all-natural trepanation, he can finally get some relief from the swelling in his skull. :v:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "48 - Jucika and Patient Visitors"

A practice that is very funny in hindsight, especially after the last year. It used to be a thing to visit sick people to keep them company. I could understand checking in on somebody, maybe helping them out briefly or making sure they get food and water and medicine but a sensible chuckle at a bunch of healthy people just hanging out and helping the cold/flu spread.

"Jucika and the Train"

Something that really shows Pusztai's comedy chops is that Jucika is always eligible to be the object of ridicule. She can be flawed or even vain but she gets bamboozled too. :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

surely you mean headologist

I don't know if she is that advanced.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Some Guy TT posted:

How would a bacteria fill out the form? Are there tiny computers?

Surely you've heard of microcomputers. :pseudo:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Sep 19-20, 1952)

He was mentioned a while back but this is the first official appearance of Linus! :toot:

Calvin and Hobbes (Jun 1-4, 1989)

I appreciate this one because drawing things wrong on purpose is actually harder than you'd think.

Robbie and Bobby

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Author Unknown?

John Allison's Patreon
John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website
My Author Unknown? intro guide password is TheOther