Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Alarbus posted:

Are the hood and body lines sharper? Or is that just the lighting?

the line under the window looks fairly different from stock to me but it could be angles and lighting. some kind of widebody kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s an entire 4 series front end on a 3.
Also those rear lights are built from 3 sets of oem lights. Crazy amounts of work.
And it’s static not on air! The arches are a touch wider.

I love it :)

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
My guess would have been rear suspension delete.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Okay I am extremely here for that aggressive static, that owns

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

And it’s static not on air! The arches are a touch wider.

Things we could never have on US roads

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KillHour posted:

Things we could never have on US roads

I know people that do it and basically you just treat the front splitter/lip as a wear item heh.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I just had an email from my dealer asking to buy back my BMW. I’m guessing this is a normal thing when the finance is nearly up but the tone of the email is honestly pretty desperate.

Don’t think I’ll bite though, new offers are poo poo and the used selection is both small and expensive.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Bape Culture posted:

Speaking of wheels. One of my best buds has just finished his build.

Custom multi piece Alpinas.

Also this car has some very extensive but subtle work. Can anyone spot it!

Is it the series of life circumstances that culminated in the owner having such awful taste?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Let's see if I got it

1. Wheels (obviously)
  2. New front lip
  3. possibly side skirts but hard to tell
  4. Very non-subtle rear fender flare
  5. Rear bumper work to match the flare
  6. Lights (not my favorite)
  7. Spoiler
  8. Rear diffuser
  9. Whatever that thing on the top of the rear window is
  10. Different exhaust tips

Not custom work but also interesting the chrome window trim on what appears to be an M-Sport car which apparently was an option but I haven't personally seen it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Making your M3 look like a 10 year old Lexus IS owned by a scene kid to own the libs

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

rscott posted:

Making your M3 look like a 10 year old Lexus IS owned by a scene kid to own the libs

The front & Alpina wheels & drop are cool and good but the non-OEM aero bits on the rear (thing on top of rear glass, notched ducktail, diffuser) are a step too far for me

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

rscott posted:

If it made it as reliable as a 10 year old Lexus, would be worth it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

rscott posted:

:golfclap:

You said it better than I could.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Y'all are gonna really hate whatever I end up doing to me E91 whenever I actually get it.

the future is now old men!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

rscott posted:

That's not an M3.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

fknlo posted:

That's not an M3.

Ok, making your non M 3 series look like a 10 year old Lexus IS owned by a scene kid to own the libs

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Those Alpina wheels would look good on an X7

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TheBacon posted:

Y'all are gonna really hate whatever I end up doing to me E91 whenever I actually get it.

the future is now old men!

:twisted:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

nice wheels.

for a clown. to drive to the circus

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nooo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

nice wheels.

for a clown. to drive to the circus

They really are atrocious. As is the sTaNcE.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You guys just don't get it - Bape is the thread authority on Good Design (TM), so his friend must secretly have the coolest BMW ever.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Residency Evil posted:

They really are atrocious. As is the sTaNcE.

Prime late 90s throwback right here

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
They're literally Alpina OEM wheels with custom barrels. Y'all are just being haters.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Alpina good

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

KillHour posted:

You guys just don't get it - Bape is the thread authority on Good Design (TM), so his friend must secretly have the coolest BMW ever.

Why are you so upset :(

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

They're literally Alpina OEM wheels with custom barrels. Y'all are just being haters.

Those wheels are good.

Those wheels on that car, are not good. That car slammed with that lovely camber is not good.

But guys, check this out:

https://www.b-shoc.com

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

BMW VIP style is sick actually. It's cool to see different poo poo and it looks to be executed extremely well. Whether or not I would personally run that exact build is a different story, but I can certainly appreciate the aesthetic and quality of the build!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheBacon posted:

BMW VIP style is sick actually. It's cool to see different poo poo and it looks to be executed extremely well. Whether or not I would personally run that exact build is a different story, but I can certainly appreciate the aesthetic and quality of the build!

Let me tell you about the extremely well executed poo poo I took this morning. One can certainly appreciate the aesthetics and quality, since it's so similar to the BMW VIP style.

It's poo poo OP.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

i would like to see more of that red monstrosity beside it

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

BMW Thread: show me more of that Mitsubishi

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

I didn't look far, but it sounds like many thousands of dollars

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Why'd he put a (different car's) front on his (car)? how much armco damage was there? Not even a single pushrod engine? Sad!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Tried a new shop today. Apparently my lower universal seal joint is kaput and a bolt is loose on my front arm bushing. They won't fix either unless I have them replace my entire steering column. That smells off to me.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

this has got to be like a half rusted grenade right?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-BMW-3-Series-d1512#listing=302688911

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Rustier than CA for sure, but I didn't have that many issues with cars up to 100k in Vermont. It should go for less because it's a 325, but a tune makes it the 328, and adding the 3 stage makes it a 330. I didn't have major issues with an 06 sedan. This doesn't have sport or premium, so boring steering wheel and manual seats. lovely pictures make it more of a gamble I suppose

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Alarbus posted:

Rustier than CA for sure, but I didn't have that many issues with cars up to 100k in Vermont. It should go for less because it's a 325, but a tune makes it the 328, and adding the 3 stage makes it a 330. I didn't have major issues with an 06 sedan. This doesn't have sport or premium, so boring steering wheel and manual seats. lovely pictures make it more of a gamble I suppose

I actually spoke to the guy who is going to give me more pics later today after work, I guess it was his son's car who passed away in december, said it had been garaged, was willing to take it to a shop for a PPI.

Which leads to the question anyone randomly happen to have a decent shop recommendation to get a remote PPI in the Danvers, MA area and/or just see if the local BMW dealer would do it?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

TheBacon posted:

I actually spoke to the guy who is going to give me more pics later today after work, I guess it was his son's car who passed away in december, said it had been garaged, was willing to take it to a shop for a PPI.

Which leads to the question anyone randomly happen to have a decent shop recommendation to get a remote PPI in the Danvers, MA area and/or just see if the local BMW dealer would do it?
Take it to Bavarian Performance Group for sure.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

TheBacon posted:

The BMW guy I work with used to swear by Boston Motor Werks in Belmont. There's a ton of German shops up North of Boston so you should be ok.

edit: Also hard good things about Bavarian Performance Group but most of it was third hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

BPG gave me an estimate I consider pretty high, but this is the first time I feel like someone competent is actually looking at my car: they sent me pictures of everything and a very detailed report, and their head tech talked to me for a half hour about everything.